Blog > Construction Sectors & Contracting News > Construction in the Higher Education and Student Accommodation Sector - 5 Key Facts
- Current forecasts are for a substantial increase in capital investment, at over £17.1bn this is around 60% higher than the previous 4-year average.
- In 2013, the private sector formed around 39% of supply, but in 2016 this increased to over 46%.
- Only 18% of students are currently catered for in university-operated halls.
- London is the most undersupplied area in the student property market.
- The outlook for investment in higher education facilities and student accommodation remains positive, as student numbers expected to increase and demand is rising for higher specification facilities.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's 'Construction in the Higher Education and Student Accommodation Sector Report - UK 2018-2022' available for purchase now.
Add a comment
- AMA Research Interactive
- Building Product Distribution & Hire
- Building Products and Materials
- Company News
- Construction Reviews & Forecasts
- Construction Sectors
- Electrical & Lighting
- European Market Research
- FM, Services & Contracting
- Health & Safety and Security
- Heating & Plumbing
- Infrastructure & Transport
- Key Facts
- Press Releases