Blog > Home & Garden Market News > Modular Floorcoverings Market - 5 Key Facts
- Returning confidence in the private commercial sector and the continuing growth of LVT (luxury vinyl tile) has seen modular floorcoverings increase by 22% between 2012 and 2017.
- Carpet tile is the dominant sector; however, pressures from competing modular floorcoverings have muted value growth over the last 2-3 years.
- LVT continues to outperform the wider market but the sector is increasingly subject to increased competition levels and significant downward pressure on prices.
- Imports play a significant role for the market with carpet tile, LVT/vinyl tiles and ceramic/porcelain tiles having significant import penetration levels.
- More modest annual growth rates of around 2-3% are currently forecast to 2021, reflecting the current uncertainties surrounding the Brexit process, increased competition and further pricing pressures.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's 'Modular Floorcoverings Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' available for purchase now.
Add a comment
- AMA Research Interactive
- Building Product Distribution & Hire
- Building Products and Materials
- Company News
- Construction Reviews & Forecasts
- Construction Sectors
- Electrical & Lighting
- European Market Research
- FM, Services & Contracting
- Health & Safety and Security
- Heating & Plumbing
- Infrastructure & Transport
- Key Facts
- Press Releases