Blog > Construction Sectors & Contracting News > Utilities Construction Market - 5 Key Facts
- Underpinned by the strength of the electricity sector, utilities construction output has increased by almost 75% since 2013.
- Capital investment by the water & sewerage companies during AMP6 is forecast to be around £44bn in the five year plan to 2020.
- The changing nature of fuels used for electricity generation will continue to underpin UK electricity output into the medium-term.
- Focus of the gas sector has been investment in distribution networks.
- The telecoms sector has concentrated on improving connectivity and roll out of superfast broadband.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's 'Utilities Construction Market Report - UK 2019-2023' available for purchase now.
Add a comment
- AMA Research Interactive
- Building Product Distribution & Hire
- Building Products and Materials
- Company News
- Construction Reviews & Forecasts
- Construction Sectors
- Electrical & Lighting
- European Market Research
- FM, Services & Contracting
- Health & Safety and Security
- Heating & Plumbing
- Infrastructure & Transport
- Key Facts
- Press Releases