- The builders and plumbers merchants market is dominated by a group of 5 organisations who account for an estimated 75% share of the market.
- In 2016, it was estimated that merchant sales accounted for around 9% of total construction output.
- There are over 5,000 enterprises supplying building materials, with the number increasing by 6% between 2012 and 2016.
- Heavyside building products continue to dominate the merchants’ product mix with a 62% share by value.
- Distribution of HVAC products is dominated by the builders and plumbers’ merchants, who account for an estimated 39% share of the market.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Builders and Plumbers Merchants Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis‘ available for purchase now.