- An upward trend in new build construction output for the private commercial and industrial sectors has resulted in 18% value growth for the commercial and industrial doors and shutters market between 2012 and 2017.
- Personnel doors have benefited from the increasing demand for automated pedestrian access doors and have seen market share increase to 59% in 2017.
- Growth rates for the industrial doors sector have been more subdued than for personnel doors in recent years, but a steady level of servicing and maintenance expenditure has helped smooth out demand levels.
- The supply structure is highly fragmented with a large number of small companies and few large key players. No single supplier dominates due to the wide and varied product mix.
- Positive but modest growth, 1-2% annual gain, is currently forecast to 2021 reflecting the slowing trend for commercial and industrial sector new orders as well as the uncertainties surrounding the Brexit process.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Commercial and Industrial Doors and Shutters Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis‘ available for purchase now.