- The market grew 7% from 2014 due to improvements in both housing and non-domestic building markets as well as manufacturing and other non-construction end-use sectors.
- Earth moving equipment represents the largest equipment sector, accounting for around 22% of hire value.
- The top 12 companies account for around 45% of the market.
- Powered access dominates the hire market for access equipment sector, accounting for an estimated 69% share.
- The key hire market for gardening and landscaping equipment are cultivators & rotavators with 22%, hedge trimmers/ strimmers/ brush cutters and chippers & shredders (19%).
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Construction Equipment Rental Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis‘ available for purchase now.