- The market for domestic landscaping materials has grown by 16% between 2012 and 2016, benefiting from increased spending as consumers seek to enhance outdoor areas.
- Low maintenance is a key trend with products such as artificial grass, paving and decorative aggregates all benefitting.
- High import penetration levels mean that the market remains vulnerable to the possibilities of price inflation when Sterling exchange rates decrease.
- Online sales have become increasingly important with the increased penetration of specialist e-tailers but also the increasing adoption of the ‘omni-channel’ approach by the more traditional retail channels.
- Forecasts indicate steady, if modest, growth to 2021 but with the market remaining susceptible to the vagaries of the British weather and the level of consumer spending on non-essentials.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Domestic Garden Landscaping Materials Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis‘ available for purchase now.