- Subject to the influence of British summer weather, the UK garden leisure market has remained positive in recent years with overall growth of 37% between 2012 and 2016.
- Garden furniture accounted for the largest sector in 2016 at around 60% in value terms with metal and wood based furniture accounting for combined value share of around 76% in 2016.
- The barbecue sector has benefitted from a general upward movement in average prices in recent years, as well as increased focus on outdoor entertainment, resulting in 51% overall value growth between 2012 and 2016.
- The internet has become an increasingly important channel for garden leisure purchases in recent years with many garden e-tailers now offering large ranges of garden furniture, barbecues and accessories.
- Garden leisure is currently forecast to remain relatively buoyant into the medium-term with overall growth of 19% currently forecast between 2016 and 2021.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Domestic Garden Leisure Market Report – UK 2017-2021‘ available for purchase now.