- Education construction output increased by around 8% in 2016 to reach a value of £11.2bn.
- The DfE is the single largest client for education construction works and controls a total capital budget of £5.2bn in 2016-17.
- A total of 537 schools across England are expected to be rebuilt or refurbished under the Priority Schools Building Programme by 2021.
- The overall grant distributed by HEFCE for the 2017-18 academic years is around £3.5bn, of which around £350m is capital funding.
- There are around 85,000 Purpose Built Student Accommodation bed-spaces in London.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Education Construction Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis‘ available for purchase now.