- The UK Genset market (up to 750 kVA) has grown by 24% between 2013 and 2016, underpinned by good growth in key end use sectors such as construction, infrastructure, telecoms and hire.
- Increasing power requirements from end-users is underpinning the market as has the need to provide back-up power generation for “mission critical” installations in sectors such as health.
- Key focus of product development has been centred on reducing emissions, lower noise output and increased fuel efficiency as well as the development of remote monitoring systems.
- Exports continue to take up significant proportion of UK manufacturing and further export market growth could be stimulated by the current lower value of Sterling.
- Market forecasts indicate overall growth of around 17% between 2016 and 2021 with demand for Gensets underpinned by increasing power needs by end users, growth of the hire sector and concerns regarding the security of energy supply.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Electricity Generating Set Market Report – UK 2017-2021‘ available for purchase now.