1. Annual growth rates for the UK wall and floor tiles market reduced to around 1% in 2018, with the overall market having increased by 8% since 2014. Lower growth has been due in part to the lower levels of consumer and business confidence along with spending over the last 2 years.
2. Value growth has been underpinned by the move towards higher value, lower volume and more middle-market products with porcelain tiles continuing to take the largest share.
3. Import penetration remains a key characteristic of the market, currently at around 70-75%, however fluctuations in the Sterling exchange rate continue to affect import prices.
4. The UK manufacturing base faces a number of challenges in the coming years both from changes in demand levels from key domestic distribution channels but also the threat from increased imports from outside the EU following Brexit.
5. Annual gains of 1-2% are currently forecast for the floor and wall tile market to 2023 due to lower levels of economic growth, constraints on consumer and business spending and changes to distribution channels.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘FLOOR & WALL TILES MARKET REPORT 2019-2023‘ available for purchase now.
Share your thoughts with us over on our Facebook page!
You may also be interested in our other posts: