- Healthcare sector construction output peaked at £5.9bn in 2008, falling through to 2016 to reach £3.1bn.
- NHS Total Capital Spending is expected to increase by 18% between 2015/16 and 2020/21.
- The total size of the NHS estate in 2016 was estimated at 26.8 million square metres.
- The independent medical / surgical hospitals sector is a more mature segment within the UK independent healthcare market, where the top 5 providers control around 81% of the market, in terms of numbers of bed-spaces.
- Procure22 commenced on 1st October 2016 and will run for a maximum of 4 years with an expected annual value of between £650m and £750m.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Healthcare Construction Market Report – UK 2017-2021‘ available for purchase now.