- The UK highways maintenance market is valued at more than £10bn.
- Expenditure on roads infrastructure fell by almost 39% in 2016.
- In 2017, production of hot and warm mix asphalt is estimated to have reached 24m tonnes.
- Production of hot and warm mix asphalt is forecast to reach 25m tonnes by 2020.
- At present, there are thought to be between 7-8 million street lights in the UK, and over 1 million of them are over 40 years old.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Highway Maintenance Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis‘ available for purchase now.