- By 2021, the market for office and home office furniture is forecast to show steady growth and increase by 11%.
- The share of the market held by the leading five suppliers fell steadily from 35% in 2014 to 32% in 2016.
- In 2016 the seating market accounted for 33% of market value, gaining share from desking.
- Imports are a significant factor in the market, reaching £288.9m in 2016, compared to £270.5m in 2015, and account for around 35% of the market.
- The two main distribution channels for office furniture are via the dealer network or directly to end users, with 45% and 24% shares respectively.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Office and Home Office Furniture Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis‘ available for purchase now.