- The Powered Access Equipment Hire market is expected to grow by 6% between 2017 and 2020.
- The hire market is a particularly important part of the supply chain for MEWPs in the UK, representing around 80% of manufacturers’ sales.
- Scissor lifts and boom lifts dominate hire fleets in 2016, accounting for a share of 47% and 29% respectively in terms of the volume of equipment hired.
- Boom lifts account for nearly half (48%) the total value of the UK powered access hire market.
- It is estimated that 70-75% of hire market revenue is accounted for by specialist companies.
These facts have been extracted from the ‘Powered Access Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis‘ available for purchase now.