Bathroom Installation Frames and Systems Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis
Published: 04/02/2016 / Number of Pages: 65 / Price: £745.00
Introduction and Overview
The 1st edition of the new title 'Bathroom Installation Frames and Systems Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis' focuses on the growing installation frames and systems market within the UK bathroom market. The trend in this sector reflects growth of wall hung sanitaryware alongside the fact that these installation frames offer a secure and quick method of installing wall hung WCs, wash basins, bidets and urinals. The report represents a current and informed review of this growing market, incorporating original input and research.
Key content covered:
- Market overview - size, key influences, UK bathroom and wetroom markets, end use sectors, key end use sectors, forecasts to 2020.
- Product mix and trends - share mix by value, key trends, product development etc.
- WC frames and systems - including concealed cisterns and flushing controls.
- Wash basin frames
- Other frames and systems - including urinal and bidet frames and urinal flushing controls.
- Supply and distribution review - market shares, leading suppliers, company profiles, distribution structure and key channels.
Recent trends include:
- Wall-hung sanitaryware has steadily gained share at the expense of more traditional products such as the close-coupled WC pan and the wash basin pedestal.
- The increasing popularity of wetrooms has influenced demand; wall-hung sanitaryware is highly compatible with minimalist wetroom layout designs.
- The upturn in new housebuilding has particularly benefitted sales of wall-hung sanitaryware and installation frame systems.
- Installation frames have also become more versatile and are used in refurbishment situations; there are frames available to suit all wall types, in a number of sizes.
- As bathroom aesthetics increase in importance there is more focus on flexibility, durability and ease of installation. This has supported the shift towards the use of installation frames wherever wall-hung sanitaryware is specified.
- Installation frames and systems have become more widely available, with a growing number online retailers, merchants and distributors competing in this market sector.
Some of the companies included:
Abacus Direct, AKW Medicare, Aliaxis Group, Bath Empire.com, Bathrooms.com, BCG, Better Bathrooms, BHL, Bristan Group, Cooper Callas, Crosswater, Fluidmaster, F&P Wholesale, Franke Sissons, Frontline Bathrooms, Geberit UK, Grohe, Healey & Lord, Heat and Plumb, Ideal Bathrooms, Ideal Standard UK, Kohler Mira, Lauren, Nicholls & Clarke, Online Home Retail, Pegler Yorkshire, Phoenix Whirlpools, PJH Group, Pura Bathrooms, Robert Lee Distribution, Roca, Roper Rhodes, Saneux, Saniflo, Siamp, Silverdale Bathrooms, Tavistock Bathrooms, Thomas Dudley, The Imperial Bathroom Company, Twyford Bathrooms, Ultra Finishing, Victoria Plumb, Vitra, Wirquin.
Market Overview & Influences
- Overall market size by value, rates of change, key trends and factors of influence, estimates of market size in 2016, forecasts through to 2020.
- Other influences - self-build market; trends, future prospects.
- Interior design - 'open plan' living, minimalism, inclusive design etc.
- Bathroom market - market size and development, key trends and developments, WC pans, wash basins, bathroom furniture etc.
- Wetroom market - market size and development, trends and influences etc.
- Demographic trends. Ageing population - including growth of population in 65+ age category, financial situation, proportion of elderly people living alone, disability-free life expectancy, multigenerational households etc.
- Disabled population - including population and trends, care in the community, Disabled Facilities Grant programme etc.
- Housing Standards - 'Lifetime Homes' standard, new 2015 housing standards including age friendly housing and wheelchair user housing.
- Overall product mix - by value and share.
- Installation benefits - wall-hung sanitaryware, frames; features, influences etc.
- WC frames - concealed cisterns, flushing controls, key design trends, developments etc.
- Wash basin frames - trends, developments etc.
- Other frames - urinal frames and flushing controls, bidet frames, trends, influences etc.
- Mix by type of installation - refurbishment and new build, residential and commercial.
- Private housing - completions, installations in new homes, refurbishment trends, etc.
- Social housing - completions, forecasts, Disabled Facility Grant allocation etc.
- Extra care housing, care homes - trends and forecasts, Care and Support Specialised Housing Fund etc.
- Hotels - budget sector, boutique hotels; installations and trends.
- Overview of non-domestic sector - health, entertainment and leisure, other key sectors; trends and forecasts.
- Market shares of leading installation frames and systems manufacturers.
- Review and analysis of leading suppliers, including company profile, turnover, key product areas etc.
- Summary of other specialist suppliers.
- Distribution structure - building and plumbing merchants/distributors, other chains of supply.
- Merchants/distributors - key players, brands supplied etc.
- Other channels - bathroom specialists, DIY multiples, online retailers.
Installation & Specification
- Installation - trend towards GSI, part of specialist package.
- Specification - domestic refurbishment, new build; key influencers/decision makers.
In 2015, the installation frames and systems market has increased by around 7%, by value, compared to the market size in 2014. There has been a growing demand for bathroom installation frames since they were first introduced over a decade ago. It is generally now considered that to ensure a secure fixing, wall-hung sanitaryware should be supported by an installation frame. Since 2013 the market for installation frames and systems has seen a notable increase and continues to grow. The housing market is steadily recovering and consumer confidence levels are improving. However, the commercial sector continues to be constrained to some extent by the significant reduction in public spending budgets.
The UK installation frames and systems market has been positively impacted in recent years by the influence of European design on UK bathrooms. This has led to an increasing demand for wall-hung sanitaryware driven by the trend towards minimalism and space within the bathroom environment. Wall-hung products have also become more affordable, with sanitaryware often costing less than the installation frame. However, a secure supporting frame is generally now considered a justified investment, as it is a guaranteed installation solution that will last.
The WC frames sector (including concealed cisterns and flushing controls) dominates the installation frames and systems market with a share of over 80% by value, followed by urinal and bidet frames and wash basin frames. A significant proportion of installation frames and systems for the domestic and commercial sectors are distributed either direct to contractor/housebuilder or through builders and plumbers' merchants and distributors. Other channels include bathroom specialists and DIY multiples, with the latter offering own branded goods. Online retailers are also becoming more important. Installation frames and systems are installed in a wide range of end use sectors from residential housing (private, social, extra care) to commercial applications (care homes, hospitals, hotels, leisure facilities etc.).
The outlook for the UK installation frames and systems market in 2016 looks positive with good growth anticipated into the medium-longer term. By 2020, the market value is forecast to have seen an increase of 28% compared to the market size in 2015. Minimalist styles should remain popular, with more focus on an overall finished look that provides an ordered, clutter-free environment. Developments such as concealed wall frames will make installation easier and influence demand for wall-hung sanitaryware, and product improvements such as adjustable fixings, tool-free connections, sound-reduction features, remote flush actuation etc. will also add value to this market sector. Installation frames and systems will become more widely available with a growing number of online retailers, merchants and distributors competing in this sector, offering both branded and own brand products.
List of Report Contents
- Contents Listing
- 1. INTRODUCTION 7
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 7
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 7
- 2. SUMMARY & FUTURE PROSPECTS 9
- 2.1 SUMMARY 9
- 2.2 KEY TRENDS 10
- 2.3 FUTURE PROSPECTS 11
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 13
- 3.1 GDP 13
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 14
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 15
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 16
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 16
- 3.6 STERLING 17
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE 18
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 18
- 4. UK INSTALLATION FRAMES AND SYSTEMS MARKET 20
- 4.1 DEFINITION 20
- 4.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 20
- 4.2.1 Market Size 20
- 4.2.2 Market Background 21
- 4.2.3 Future Prospects 21
- 4.3 MARKET INFLUENCES 23
- 4.3.1 Bathroom Market 23
- 4.3.2 Wetroom Market 26
- 4.3.3 Demographic Influences 27
- 4.3.4 Legislation 28
- 4.3.5 Self-build Market 29
- 4.3.6 Interior Design 29
- 5. PRODUCTS 30
- 5.1 OVERALL PRODUCT MIX 30
- 5.2 INSTALLATION BENEFITS 32
- 5.3 PRODUCT TRENDS 33
- 5.3.1 WC installation Frames 33
- 5.3.2 Concealed WC Cisterns 34
- 5.3.3 WC Flushing Controls 35
- 5.3.4 Wash Basin Frames 36
- 5.3.5 Other Frames 37
- 6. END USE SECTORS 38
- 6.1 SECTOR OVERVIEW 38
- 6.2 RESIDENTIAL HOUSING 38
- 6.2.1 Overview 38
- 6.2.2 Private Housing 40
- 6.2.3 Social Housing 42
- 6.2.4 Extra Care Housing 42
- 6.3 NON-DOMESTIC CONSTRUCTION 43
- 6.3.1 Overview 43
- 6.3.2 Issues and Considerations 46
- 6.3.3 Health Sector 46
- 6.3.4 Entertainment and Leisure Sector 49
- 6.3.5 Other Commercial, Industrial, Private Sector Activity 52
- 7. SUPPLIERS 54
- 7.1 MARKET SHARES 54
- 7.2 KEY SUPPLIERS 54
- 7.3 OTHER SUPPLIERS 56
- 8. DISTRIBUTION 58
- 8.1 DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE 58
- 8.2 MERCHANTS 58
- 8.3 DISTRIBUTORS 60
- 8.4 DIY MULTIPLES 60
- 8.5 BATHROOM SPECIALISTS 61
- 8.6 ONLINE RETAILERS 61
- 9. INSTALLATION AND SPECIFICATION 63
- 9.1 INSTALLATION 63
- 9.2 SPECIFICATION 63
- Tables & Charts
- CHART 1 UK INSTALLATION FRAMES AND SYSTEMS MARKET BY VALUE (MSP) 2011-2020 9
- TABLE 2 GDP DATA - 2012-2015 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 13
- CHART 3 INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2020 15
- CHART 4 PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2020 16
- TABLE 5 EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2011-2017 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 18
- TABLE 6 UK INSTALLATION FRAMES AND SYSTEMS MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2011 -2020 20
- TABLE 7 UK BATHROOM SANITARYWARE MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2013 -2018 23
- CHART 8 UK WC PANS % VOLUME MARKET MIX BY TYPE (WALL-HUNG, BACK-TO-WALL, CLOSE-COUPLED, OTHER) 2015 24
- TABLE 9 UK WETROOM MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2013 -2018 26
- CHART 10 UK POPULATION IN 65+ AGE CATEGORY - 1985, 2015, 2035 27
- CHART 11 UK INSTALLATION FRAMES AND SYSTEMS MARKET - % PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE (WC FRAMES, BASIN FRAMES ETC) 2015 31
- TABLE 12 UK INSTALLATION FRAMES AND SYSTEMS MARKET BY PRODUCT CATEGORY (WC FRAMES, BASIN, OTHER FRAMES) 2015 (000'S) 31
- CHART 13 UK INSTALLATION FRAMES AND SYSTEMS MARKET VOLUME MIX BY TYPE OF INSTALLATION (NEW HOUSING, RMI ETC) 2015 38
- TABLE 14 UK HOUSE BUILDING COMPLETIONS 2011-2020 ('000 DWELLINGS) 39
- CHART 15 UK PRIVATE OWNER-OCCUPIED HOUSEHOLDS WITH SECONDARY AMENITIES % BY TYPE (SECOND WC, BATHROOM/ENSUITE) 2015 40
- TABLE 16 UK RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS 2011-2014 (000'S) 41
- TABLE 17 NON DOMESTIC CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT FIGURES 2011-2020 (£BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 44
- CHART 18 CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT NEW WORK BY APPLICATION SECTOR 2011-2019 (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 45
- CHART 19 HEALTHCARE CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT 2011-2019 BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 47
- CHART 20 NUMBER OF CARE HOME RESIDENTS 2004 - 2014 (000'S) 48
- CHART 21 ENTERTAINMENT & LEISURE CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT 2011-2019 BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 49
- TABLE 22 UK HOTEL MARKET 2011 AND 2015 BY TYPE AND SCALE 50
- TABLE 23 UK INSTALLATION FRAMES AND SYSTEMS SUPPLIERS - % MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2015 54
- CHART 24 UK INSTALLATION FRAMES AND SYSTEMS MARKET % CHANNEL SHARE BY VALUE 2015 58
The 'Bathroom Installation Frames and Systems Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis' costs £745+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here.