Non-Domestic Catering Equipment Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis
Published: 19/05/2017 / Number of Pages: 64 / Price: £795.00
Introduction and Overview
The 2nd edition of the 'Non-Domestic Catering Equipment Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' represents an up-to-date and perceptive review of the market and its development. The report reviews the demand for catering equipment used in commercial and industrial applications, and identifies key suppliers and influences. The report assesses recent developments within the market and analyses the market and distribution channels with indications of future trends and opportunities.
Key issues covered in the report include:
- Overall performance of the catering equipment market - market size, developments and forecasts 2012-2021.
- Review of key product sectors - cooking equipment, refrigeration, steel fabrication, washware etc - market sizes, shares, trends etc.
- Indications of market mix by end use sector and by key product groupings.
- Distribution - key specialist distributors and suppliers by major product sector.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Key factors influencing the market including the improving economy, increasing levels of consumer confidence and the very strong growth in the eating out sector, particularly the rapid growth in the coffee shop sector and the popularity of 'grab and go' food.
- Product trends including the design and equipment requirements of commercial kitchens and how these vary depending on budget, the type of food being prepared, the location, size of the venue, the volume and speed of service etc.
- The overall catering equipment product mix - washware, cooking, refrigeration and steel fabrication, in addition to a more detailed breakdown of the product mix within washware, cooking and refrigeration.
- The end-user mix for catering equipment including hotels, health & education, staff catering, restaurants, cafes & pubs, along with key trends and influences within these sectors.
Some of the companies included:
AFE Group, Aggora, Airedale Catering Equipment, Ali Group, Alliance Online, Bartlett Mitchell, Baxterstorey, Blizzard Refrigeration, Brakes Group, Bunzl Group, Celltherm, C&C Catering Equipment Ltd, CCE Group Ltd, CED Catering Equipment Design, Counterline Ltd, CS Catering Equipment Ltd, Design Catering Equipment, Direct Catering Products Ltd, E&R Moffat, Electrolux Professional, Elior, Fabs 4, Franke Sissons, Foodservice Equipment Marketing Ltd (FEM), Glen Dimplex Professional Appliances, Global Infusion Group, Gram (UK) Ltd, Gratte Brothers Catering Equipment Ltd, H&K Equipment Ltd, Hobart, Imperial Catering Equipment, Induced Energy, Interserve Catering Solutions, ITW (Hobart & Foster), Lexington Catering, Lincat Ltd, Lockhart Catering Equipment, Meiko UK Ltd, Rational UK, Rical, Roller Grill, Martin Food Equipment, MCS Technical Products, Meiko, Mellors Catering services, Middleby UK Ltd, Nisbets PLC, Parry Catering, Precision Refrigeration Ltd, Promart ManufacturingRical Group, Salix Commercial Kitchens and Equipment, ScoMac Catering Equipment Ltd, ShelfspanSincold, Space Catering Equipment, Standex International Ltd, The Catering Design Group (CDG), True Manufacturing UK Ltd, Vestfrost, Vision Commercial Kitchens, Welbilt, Whitco Catering and Bakery, Williams Refrigeration, Wilman Universal Industries Ltd,
Key areas covered in the Report:
The Catering Equipment Market
- Catering equipment market - analysis by value from 2012-2016, with forecasts to 2021, key characteristics, market development, key trends and major factors influencing the market.
- Key market trends and influences - legislation, construction output, trends in food and eating out etc.
- Review of key markets - hotels, pubs, restaurants etc, - overall sector sizes, key players/leading operators. Health/education - mix between in-house/contract-out, funding etc.
- Structure of distribution - supply chain review, profiles of some of the larger, more prominent specialist catering equipment distributors, designers and installers.
- Analysis of catering equipment market - restaurants, cafes & bars, health & education, hotels. Overall end use sector market shares and key trends.
- Restaurants, cafes & bars - sector development and trends, key players/brands/outlets etc, impact of tourism and household expenditure.
- Healthcare & education sector - market mix, catering expenditure, mix between in-house/contracted-out, and influence of Government policy.
- Hotel sector - sector development and trends, impact of tourism and household expenditure.
- Other users including offices, contract caterers and leisure sectors.
Products and Suppliers
- Review of mix of products by key sectors - cooking equipment, refrigeration, steel fabrication, washware, others.
- Market mix of cooking equipment by type - including ovens, grills, hobs, microwaves, fryers, griddles etc.
- Market mix of refrigerated equipment - refrigerators/freezers - cabinets, counter, under-counter, walk-in etc.
- Review of washware - e.g. conveyor, front load, pass through/hood mix.
- Market shares of leading product suppliers - leading players by product group.
- Company profiles of leading catering equipment providers covering major providers and niche specialists - includes company size, growth trends, areas of specialization, sector strengths and major contracts.
- Market prospects for catering equipment market - macro-economic influences and outlook by end-use application area and product sector 2017-2021.
- Key potential growth areas, impact of market maturity, legislation and other key influences.
In 2016, the Non-Domestic Catering Equipment Market was estimated to have grown by around 3% on 2015. The main factors supporting the growth of the catering equipment market since 2012 have been the improving economy, increasing levels of consumer confidence and the very strong growth in the eating out sector. Despite the trend for healthy eating, it is quick serve restaurants that account for largest sector of the foodservice market.
The rapid growth in the Coffee shop sector and the popularity of 'grab and go' food has led to increasing demand for more compact, multifunction catering products, to maximise performance in smaller venues. The growth in popularity of open plan restaurants has also boosted the Industry, with restaurants investing in re-fits and new appliances to satisfy consumer demand for greater visibility of restaurant kitchens. Other market drivers include higher levels of tourism which is forecast to remain positive, supported by the weak pound.
Cooking equipment represents the largest sector, partly due to the high cost of these products. Refrigeration also accounts for a significant share, with steel fabrication, warewashing and other products making up the remaining market value. Key product trends include increasing demand for more compact, energy efficient, versatile catering equipment, a general requirement for more energy efficient products and the demand for fast, high volume cooking solutions such as Combi-ovens and Accelerated Cooking Ovens.
Catering equipment is a well-established, mature market with significant penetration of all products throughout the industry. Therefore, performance often follows that of the overall economy. Consequently, the market has improved with the strengthening economy and increasing levels of construction output, though the forecast situation is uncertain, driven by the impending exit from the EU. The market is therefore expected to show modest growth through to 2021 in line with a less confident economy.
List of Report Contents
- 1. INTRODUCTION 5
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 6
- 2. SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS 8
- 2.1 SUMMARY 8
- 2.2 FUTURE PROSPECTS 9
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 11
- 3.1 GDP 11
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 13
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 14
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 14
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 15
- 3.6 STERLING 16
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE 17
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 17
- 4. UK CATERING EQUIPMENT MARKET 19
- 4.1 MARKET DEFINITION 19
- 4.2 MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS 19
- 4.3 KEY INFLUENCES ON THE INDUSTRY 23
- 4.3.1 Legislation 23
- 4.3.2 Construction Output 25
- 4.3.3 Entertainment and Leisure 26
- 4.3.4 Trends in Food and Eating Out 28
- 5. PRODUCT MIX 31
- 5.1 OVERALL PRODUCT MIX 31
- 5.2 COOKING EQUIPMENT 32
- 5.3 REFRIGERATION 35
- 5.4 STEEL FABRICATED UNITS 37
- 5.5 WASHWARE 38
- 5.6 OTHERS 39
- 6. END USE SECTORS 41
- 6.1 END-USER MIX 41
- 6.2 CAFÉS/COFFEE SHOPS, PUBS AND RESTAURANTS 43
- 6.3 HEALTH & EDUCATION 47
- 6.4 HOTELS 50
- 6.5 OTHER USERS 51
- 7. DISTRIBUTION 53
- 7.1 DISTRIBUTION OVERVIEW 53
- 7.2 SPECIALIST DISTRIBUTORS 54
- 7.3 DESIGNERS & INSTALLERS 56
- 8. SUPPLIERS 58
- 8.1 MARKET SHARES 58
- 8.2 COMPANY PROFILES 58
- 8.2.1 Catering Equipment Manufacturers 58
- 8.2.2 Appliance Manufacturers 62
- 8.2.3 Fabricators 64
Tables & Charts
- CHART 1: UK NON-DOMESTIC CATERING EQUIPMENT MARKET 2012-2021 BY VALUE (£M MSP) 8
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2013-2016 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 12
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2021 13
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2021 15
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2012-2019 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 16
- TABLE 6: UK NON-DOMESTIC CATERING EQUIPMENT MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS: 2012-2021 (£M MSP) 20
- CHART 7: NON-DOMESTIC CATERING EQUIPMENT MARKET - NEW BUILD AND REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT BY VALUE 2016 (%) 22
- CHART 8: CATERING ENERGY CONSUMPTION BY PRODUCT SECTOR 25
- TABLE 9: NON-DOMESTIC CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY SECTOR 2012-2021 (£BN) AT CURRENT PRICES 26
- CHART 10: ENTERTAINMENT AND LEISURE CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT GROWTH FORECASTS (NEW WORK) 2012 - 2021 BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 27
- CHART 11: CATERING EQUIPMENT PRODUCT MIX - WASHWARE, COOKING, REFRIGERATION, STEEL FABRICATION, OTHER (% BY VALUE) 2016 31
- CHART 12: COOKING EQUIPMENT PRODUCT MIX - OVENS, GRILLS, MICROWAVES, FRYERS, GRIDDLES ETC (% BY VALUE) 2016 32
- CHART 13: REFRIGERATION EQUIPMENT PRODUCT - REFRIGERATORS, FREEZERS ETC (% BY VALUE) 2016 36
- CHART 14: WAREWASHERS BY TYPE- FRONT LOAD, PASS THROUGH ETC (% SHARE BY VALUE) 2016 39
- CHART 15: VOLUME OF MEALS SERVED BY END USE SECTOR - RESTAURANTS, PUBS, STAFF CATERING, LEISURE, HEALTHCARE ETC - 2015 41
- CHART 16: HOW TOWN CENTRES ARE CHANGING - TYPES OF BUSINESSES 2011-2016 42
- CHART 17: CATERING EQUIPMENT BY END USER SECTOR 2016 43
- TABLE 18: TOP UK SPECIALIST COFFEE SHOP OPERATORS 2016 44
- CHART 19: ESTIMATED UK COFFEE SHOP/CAFÉ MARKET BY CHANNEL (VALUE) 44
- TABLE 20: TOP UK PUB GROUPS 2016 45
- CHART 21: TOP UK QUICK SERVICE RESTAURANTS 2016 47
- TABLE 22: NUMBER OF IN-PATIENT MEALS REQUESTED IN ENGLAND AND AVERAGE COST OF ONE PATIENT MEAL DAY 2011/12 TO 2015/16 48
- CHART 23: ANNUAL GROSS COST OF IN-PATIENT FOODSERVICE 2011/12 TO 2015/16 49
- CHART 24: NHS FOOD PRODUCED INTERNALLY OR EXTERNALLY 2012/13 AND 2015/16 49
- TABLE 25: NUMBER OF INBOUND VISITS TO THE UK: 2009 - 2016 (ESTIMATED), AND CHANGE OVER PREVIOUS YEAR (%) 50
- CHART 26: UK HOTEL ROOMS BY GRADING 2016 51
- CHART 27: DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL STRUCTURE FOR COMMERCIAL CATERING EQUIPMENT 53
- TABLE 28: CATERING EQUIPMENT SUPPLIERS - MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2016 58
The 'Non-Domestic Catering Equipment Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' costs £795+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here.