Non-Domestic Catering Equipment Market Report - UK 2019-2023
Published: 30/05/2019 / Number of Pages: 65 / Price: £895.00
Introduction and Overview
The 3rd Edition of the 'Non-Domestic Catering Equipment Market Report- UK 2019-2023' represents an up-to-date and perceptive review of the market and its development. The report reviews the demand for catering equipment used in commercial and industrial applications, and identifies key suppliers and influences. The report assesses recent developments within the market and analyses the market and distribution channels with indications of future trends and opportunities.
Key issues covered in the report include:
- Overall performance of the catering equipment market - market size, developments and forecasts 2014-2023.
- Review of key product sectors - cooking equipment, refrigeration, steel fabrication, washware etc - market sizes, shares, trends etc.
- Indications of market mix by end use sector and by product groupings.
- Distribution - leading specialist distributors and suppliers by major product sector.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Factors influencing the market including the political uncertainty and its impact on the economy, levels of consumer confidence and trends in the eating out sector.
- Product trends including the design and equipment requirements of commercial kitchens and how these vary.
- The catering equipment product mix - washware, cooking, refrigeration and steel fabrication, in addition to a more detailed breakdown of the product mix within washware, cooking and refrigeration.
- The end-user mix for catering equipment including hotels, health & education, staff catering, restaurants, cafes & pubs, along with key trends and influences within these sectors.
- Detailed market data and insight on the catering equipment market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
Nisbets, Lockhart Catering Equipment, Alliance Disposables, Brakes Catering Equipment, CS Catering Equipment, RH Hall, Foodservice Equipment Marketing (FEM), Gratte Brothers Catering Equipment, Jestic, JLA, Pentland Wholesale, Airedale Catering Equipment, Wilman Universal Industries, Space Catering Equipment, C&C Catering Equipment, ScoMac Catering Equipment, Vision Commercial Kitchens, The Catering Design Group, Francis Catering Equipment, Whitco Catering and Bakery, AFE Group, Welbilt, ITW (Hobart & Foster), Rational, Middleby (Lincat), GDPA, Electrolux Professional, Winterhalter, Rical, Meiko, etc.
- Catering equipment market - analysis by value from 2014-2018, with forecasts to 2023, key characteristics, market development, key trends and major factors influencing the market.
- Market trends and influences - legislation, construction output, trends in food and eating out etc.
- Review of end-user markets - hotels, pubs, restaurants etc, - overall sector sizes, leading operators. Health/education - mix between in-house/contract-out, funding etc.
- Structure of distribution - supply chain review, profiles of some of the larger, more prominent specialist catering equipment distributors, designers and installers.
- Analysis of catering equipment market - restaurants, cafes & bars, health & education, hotels. Overall end use sector market shares and trends.
- Restaurants, cafes & bars - sector development and trends, leading players/brands/outlets etc, impact of tourism and household expenditure.
- Healthcare & education sector - market mix, catering expenditure, mix between in-house/contracted-out, and influence of Government policy.
- Hotel sector - sector development and trends, impact of tourism and household expenditure.
- Other users including offices, contract caterers and leisure sectors.
Products and Suppliers
- Review of mix of products - cooking equipment, refrigeration, steel fabrication, washware, others.
- Market mix of cooking equipment by type - including ovens, grills, hobs, microwaves, fryers, griddles etc.
- Market mix of refrigerated equipment - refrigerators/freezers - cabinets, counter, under-counter, walk-in etc.
- Review of washware - e.g. conveyor, front load, pass through/hood mix.
- Market shares of leading product suppliers - leading players by product group.
- Company profiles of leading catering equipment providers covering major providers and niche specialists - includes company size, growth trends, areas of specialization, sector strengths and major contracts.
- Market prospects for catering equipment market - macro-economic influences and outlook by end-use application area and product sector 2019-2023.
- Potential growth areas, impact of market maturity, legislation and other influences.
There was a period of good growth between 2014 and 2017; this has now dropped significantly and a holding pattern is expected over the next 3 to 4 years as the foodservice business hits difficult economic times.
Trends which have brought about significant shifts in the market that are likely to have an impact far into the future include the growth of home-delivery, changing out of home eating patterns and changing dietary preferences.
The past two years have been difficult times for the foodservice market, particularly due to rising costs and a very competitive environment. The contract catering market has faired better but reduced budgets, particularly across public services, are making conditions in this market space increasingly unfavourable.
The fluctuations in growth across retail and contract catering sectors; across branded chains and independent and across dine-in and home-delivery have all had repercussions through to the non-domestic catering equipment market changing their customer demands and needs.
Products are largely distributed through specialist distributors, designers and installers, with the largest distributors improving their market share at the expense of smaller competitors. Bespoke solutions are still popular, particularly for steel fabrication and ventilation.
List of Report Contents
- 1. INTRODUCTION 6
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 6
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 6
- 2. SUMMARY AND MARKET PROSPECTS 8
- 2.1 SUMMARY 8
- 2.2 MARKET PROSPECTS 10
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 11
- 3.1 OVERVIEW AND OUTLOOK 11
- 3.2 KEY DATA 11
- 3.2.1 GDP 11
- 3.2.2 Inflation & Interest Rates 12
- 3.2.3 Employment & Wages 13
- 3.2.4 Household Consumption 14
- 3.2.5 Sterling 15
- 4. UK CATERING EQUIPMENT MARKET 16
- 4.1 MARKET DEFINITION 16
- 4.2 MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS 16
- 4.3 KEY INFLUENCES ON THE INDUSTRY 21
- 4.3.1 Legislation 21
- 4.3.2 Construction Output 23
- 4.3.3 Entertainment and Leisure 24
- 4.3.4 Trends in Food and Eating Out 25
- 5. PRODUCT MIX 28
- 5.1 PRODUCT MIX 28
- 5.2 COOKING EQUIPMENT 28
- 5.3 REFRIGERATION 31
- 5.4 STEEL FABRICATED UNITS 34
- 5.5 WASHWARE 34
- 5.6 OTHERS 36
- 6. END USE SECTORS 38
- 6.1 END-USER MIX 38
- 6.2 CAFÉS/COFFEE SHOPS, PUBS AND RESTAURANTS 40
- 6.3 HEALTH & EDUCATION 47
- 6.4 HOTELS 50
- 6.5 OTHER USERS 51
- 7. DISTRIBUTION 53
- 7.1 DISTRIBUTION OVERVIEW 53
- 7.2 SPECIALIST DISTRIBUTORS 54
- 7.3 DESIGNERS & INSTALLERS 56
- 8. SUPPLIERS 598.1 MARKET SHARES 59
- 8.2 COMPANY PROFILES 60
- 8.2.1 Catering Equipment Manufacturers 60
- 8.2.2 Appliance Manufacturers 63
- 8.2.3 Fabricators 65
Tables & Charts
- CHART 1: UK NON-DOMESTIC CATERING EQUIPMENT MARKET 2014-2023 BY VALUE (£M MSP) 8
- CHART 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2020 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 12
- CHART 3: CPI INFLATION AND BANK OF ENGLAND BASE RATE 2008-2023 13
- CHART 4: AVERAGE WEEKLY EARNINGS DATA - GB - TOTAL PAY - 2014-2020 (SEASONALLY ADJUSTED) 14
- CHART 5: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2008-2023 14
- CHART 6: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2015-2021 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 15
- TABLE 7: UK NON-DOMESTIC CATERING EQUIPMENT MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS: 2014-2023 (£M MSP) 16
- CHART 8: NON-DOMESTIC CATERING EQUIPMENT MARKET - NEW BUILD AND REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT BY VALUE 2016 (%) 20
- CHART 9: CATERING ENERGY CONSUMPTION BY PRODUCT SECTOR 22
- TABLE 10: NON-DOMESTIC CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY SECTOR 2013-2022 (£BN) AT CURRENT PRICES 23
- CHART 11: ENTERTAINMENT AND LEISURE CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT GROWTH FORECASTS (NEW WORK) 2013 - 2022 BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 24
- CHART 12: CATERING EQUIPMENT PRODUCT MIX (% BY VALUE) 2018 28
- CHART 13: COOKING EQUIPMENT PRODUCT MIX (% BY VALUE) 2016 29
- CHART 14: REFRIGERATION EQUIPMENT PRODUCT - (% BY VALUE) 2018 32
- CHART 15: WAREWASHERS BY TYPE (% SHARE BY VALUE) 2018 35
- CHART 16: END USE SECTOR SHARE OF MARKET VALUE- 2018 38
- CHART 17: HOW TOWN CENTRES ARE CHANGING - NET OPENINGS 2012-2017 39CHART 18: CATERING EQUIPMENT BY END USER SECTOR 2018 40
- TABLE 19 TOP UK SPECIALIST COFFEE SHOP OPERATORS 2018 40
- CHART 20: ESTIMATED UK COFFEE SHOP/CAFÉ MARKET BY CHANNEL (VOLUME), 2018 41
- CHART 21: OWNERSHIP OF PREMISES BY PUB CHAINS 2018 42
- TABLE 22: TOP UK PUB GROUPS 2018 44
- CHART 23: TOP UK QUICK SERVICE RESTAURANTS 2016 AND 2018 46
- TABLE 24: NUMBER OF IN-PATIENT MEALS REQUESTED IN ENGLAND AND AVERAGE COST OF ONE PATIENT MEAL DAY 2011/12 TO 2017/18 49
- CHART 25: ANNUAL GROSS COST OF IN-PATIENT FOODSERVICE 2011/12 TO 2017/18 49
- CHART 26: NHS FOOD PRODUCED INTERNALLY OR EXTERNALLY 2012/13 AND 2015/16 50
- TABLE 27: NUMBER OF INBOUND VISITS TO THE UK: 2009 - 2017 AND CHANGE OVER PREVIOUS YEAR (%) 50
- CHART 28: UK VOLUME OF HOTEL ROOMS BY HOTEL TYPE 51
- CHART 29: DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL STRUCTURE FOR COMMERCIAL CATERING EQUIPMENT 53
- TABLE 30: CATERING EQUIPMENT SUPPLIERS - MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2018 59
The 'Non-Domestic Catering Equipment Market Report - UK 2019-2023 Analysis' costs £895+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here.