Suspended Ceilings and Partitioning Systems Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis
Published: 26/01/2017 / Number of Pages: 78 / Price: £745.00
Introduction and Overview
The 11th Edition of the 'Suspended Ceilings and Partitioning Systems Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' addresses the size and scale of each of the suspended ceiling market and the partitioning system market, looking at product and market size and trends, product mix, key influencing factors, major suppliers and supply chain issues. This unique report provides an informed and up-to-date analysis of this market and includes a review of recent market performance, influencing factors and forecasts to 2021.
Key content covered:
- Market overview and forecasts by value to 2021 - analysis of the market, including recent developments plus forecasts and market drivers.
- Analysis of key product groups including - Suspended ceiling grids - exposed, concealed and special grids. Suspended ceiling tiles - mineral fibre, metal, gypsum, other materials, discontinuous ceiling products. Partitions - operable walls, other demountable / relocatable, pods, storage wall, styles and materials, e.g. glazed, frameless, framed, solid etc.
- Review of end use markets - new build and RMI construction trends by sector, e.g. offices, health, education, entertainment and retail etc.
Key areas of insight include:
- Market size by value 2012-2021 for suspended ceilings and partitions. Current market trends, key influences, e.g. construction output, design trends and market prospects.
- Analysis of key product / material groups in terms of value share by type of suspended ceiling grid system. Market size and value split by material types where appropriate, variations in performance.
- Key influences including analysis of the market in terms of end use sectors, with particular emphasis on office, retail and education construction, interior refurbishment sector etc.
- A review of the leading suppliers and market share estimates in the key product/material sectors.
- Leading distributors in the ceilings and partitions sector, and leading contractors in the interiors sector.
Some of the companies included:
Accordial Group, Apton Partitioning, Armstrong World Industries, Beck Interiors, Burgess CEP, Byrne Group, Clestra Hauserman, Commercial Ceiling Factors (CCF), Como Interiors, Dividers Modernfold, Divisions Operable Wall Systems, Dorma (UK), Faram Ltd, Fastwall, Go Interiors, Havelock Europa, Hufcor UK, Hunter Douglas (UK), Invotek, ISG, K&N International (Office Systems), Knauf AMF, Knauf Danonline, Komfort, Lindner Interiors Limited, Linkspan Interiors, Morgan Sindall, Morris & Spottiswood, Neslo Partitioning, Nevill Long, Omnis Industries (Stramit), Optima Group, OWA (UK), Parthos UK, Rockfon, Saint-Gobain Ecophon, SAS International, SIG PLC, Siniat, Styles & Wood, USG (UK), Troax Lee Manufacturing, VoestAlpine Metsec PLC.
Key areas in the report:
- Total suspended ceilings and partitions market - definition, market size by value, current market situation.
- Overall market mix between suspended ceilings and partitioning systems and recent changes.
- Historical trends from 2012-2016 and current situation - new build/RMI commercial construction activity, trends in Interior Refurbishment sector.
- Market performance in 2016 and 2017 - current economic and construction climate, trends in key sectors (offices, retail, education, leisure etc.) - growth/declining sectors, short term prospects.
- Medium term prospects and forecasts to 2021 - key factors influencing market trends.
- Key influencing factors including recent performance of key commercial construction markets (offices, retail, education, healthcare, leisure etc.), acoustic performance standards, legislation, working practices, etc.
- Definition, market size by value, current market situation in 2016 and short term prospects for 2017.
- Mix of the suspended ceilings market: Suspended Ceiling Grids - exposed, concealed, other/bespoke; Suspended Ceiling Tiles - mineral fibre (wet felt and soft fibre), metal, gypsum and others, e.g. wood.
- Historical trends from 2012-2016, forecasts to 2021.
- Key influencing factors including an analysis of the UK air-conditioning market and impact on suspended ceilings.
- Mix of sales of suspended ceiling tiles by type, properties of types, major end use areas, areas of change in recent years and reasons for these changes.
- Definition, market size by value, current market situation in 2016 and short term prospects.
- Mix by type of partitioning systems (operable wall/folding partitions, demountable/relocatable, storage wall, others) trends in designs and materials. Share mix between glazed and bi-bloc partitioning.
- Historical trends from 2012-2016, forecasts to 2021.
- Key factors influencing current and future market performance.
Supply and Distribution
- Review of distribution structure for suspended ceilings and partitioning systems - changes in supply structure in recent years.
- Major manufacturers/suppliers of suspended ceilings - market shares, product and market positioning.
- Major manufacturers/suppliers of partitioning systems, product and market positioning.
- Major distributors, market shares, product and market positioning.
- Contractors and buying processes.
The total UK market for suspended ceilings and partitioning systems has performed reasonably well over the last two years, following a slight decline experienced during 2012. Annual market growth has reached 5% during 2015 and 2016, driven by rising construction activity in key end user sectors, as well as a steady recovery in refurbishment and RMI work.
The suspended ceilings market has been the better performer of the two main sectors in recent years. Growth has largely resulted from a growing customer preference for higher quality premium products offering additional benefits, as well as the fact that suspended ceilings are supplied to a wide range of end user applications. The market can be segmented according to key materials for ceiling tiles: Mineral fibre (including soft fibre) accounts for the largest share of the market, having remained fairly stable in recent years. Metal ceilings are also popular and account for a significant share of the market, ahead of gypsum.
The partitioning systems market has experienced more modest growth of late, rising by 4% in value terms in 2016, however, demand has started to increase over the last few years, due to a greater desire to create individual rooms and spaces within larger open plan working environments. In recent years, the performance of the partitions sector has been boosted by the growing popularity of glazed partitioning. The largest sector within the partitioning systems market is demountable/relocatable products, followed by the operable wall sector.
The outlook remains reasonably positive for 2017, assuming the UK's economic performance is sustained. The market is likely to remain heavily dependent upon refurbishment work in existing facilities (e.g. office redesigns), rather than larger-scale newbuild developments; the exception being a number of major projects in London. Market prospects in the short term are for reasonable levels of growth, with the majority of opportunities expected to arise within the private sector. Areas of opportunity are expected to include private offices and warehousing, as well as certain sectors of the retail (e.g. convenience stores) and leisure and entertainment (e.g. budget hotels, restaurants and gyms). It should be noted, however, that market growth depends heavily upon the performance of the economy and the construction sector and the government's approach to Brexit will be a key influence.
List of Report Contents
- Contents Listing
- 1. INTRODUCTION 6
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 6
- 2. SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS 7
- 2.1 SUMMARY 7
- 2.2 MARKET PROSPECTS 8
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 10
- 3.1 GDP 10
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 12
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 13
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 13
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 14
- 3.6 STERLING 15
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE 15
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 16
- 4. OVERALL SUSPENDED CEILINGS AND PARTITIONING SYSTEMS MARKET 17
- 4.1 DEFINITION 17
- 4.2 OVERALL MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 17
- 4.3 PRODUCT MIX & TRENDS 20
- 4.4 MARKET PROSPECTS 22
- 4.5 KEY MARKET INFLUENCES 22
- 4.5.1 Office Construction 23
- 4.5.2 Retail Construction 25
- 4.5.3 Healthcare Construction 28
- 4.5.4 Education Construction 30
- 4.5.5 Entertainment & Leisure Construction 32
- 4.5.6 Other Construction 34
- 4.5.7 Fire Protection Standards 35
- 4.5.8 Noise and Acoustics 36
- 4.5.9 Environmental Factors 36
- 4.5.10 Working Practices 37
- 5. SUSPENDED CEILINGS 38
- 5.1 DEFINITION 38
- 5.2 MARKET SIZE & VALUE TO 2021 38
- 5.3 PRODUCT MIX 40
- 5.3.1 Suspended Ceiling Grids 40
- 5.3.2 Suspended Ceiling Tiles 41
- 5.4 THE UK AIR CONDITIONING MARKET 42
- 5.5 PRODUCT MIX 43
- 6. PARTITIONING SYSTEMS 45
- 6.1 DEFINITION 45
- 6.2 MARKET SIZE & VALUE TO 2021 45
- 6.3 PRODUCT MIX 47
- 6.3.1 Demountable/Relocatable 48
- 6.3.2 Operable Walls / Folding Partitions 49
- 6.3.3 Storage Wall & Other Systems 50
- 7. SUPPLIERS & DISTRIBUTION 52
- 7.1 OVERALL SUPPLY MARKET 52
- 7.2 MANUFACTURERS 53
- 7.2.1 Introduction to Manufacturers 53
- 7.2.2 Suspended Ceilings - Key Suppliers 54
- 7.2.3 Partitioning Systems 58
- 7.3 DISTRIBUTORS 61
- 7.4 CONTRACTORS 63
- Tables & Charts
- CHART 1: UK SUSPENDED CEILINGS AND PARTITIONING SYSTEMS MARKET (£M MSP), 2012-2021 7
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2013-2016 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 11
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2020 12
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2020 14
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2012-2018 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 15
- TABLE 6: UK MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS FOR SUSPENDED CEILINGS & PARTITIONING SYSTEMS - 2012-2021 £M MSP 17
- TABLE 7: SUSPENDED CEILINGS AND PARTITIONING SYSTEMS MARKET - SHARE BY SECTOR 2016 (£M MSP) 20
- CHART 8: PRODUCT MIX - UK SUSPENDED CEILINGS AND PARTITIONS MARKET BY VALUE 2016 20
- CHART 9: UK SUSPENDED CEILINGS MARKET - ESTIMATED MIX BY KEY SECTORS 2016 23
- CHART 10: VALUE OF CONTRACTORS OUTPUT IN THE OFFICE SECTOR (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 -2021 24
- CHART 11: RETAIL CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021 26
- CHART 12: HEALTHCARE CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021 28
- CHART 13: EDUCATION CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021 30
- CHART 14: ENTERTAINMENT AND LEISURE CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021 32
- CHART 15: UK MARKET FOR SUSPENDED CEILINGS BY VALUE (£ MILLION AT MSP) 2012 TO 2021 38
- TABLE 16: UK MARKET FOR SUSPENDED CEILINGS 2016 - VALUE SHARE BY TYPE OF GRID SYSTEM 40
- CHART 17: UK MARKET FOR SUSPENDED CEILING TILES BY MATERIAL/CONSTRUCTION BY VALUE 2016 41
- TABLE 18: KEY SUPPLIERS - SUSPENDED CEILING TILE MATERIAL (MINERAL FIBRE, METAL, GYPSUM) 2016 42
- TABLE 19: UK AIR CONDITIONING MARKET 2011-2016, £M MSP 42
- CHART 20: VALUE SHARE OF UK AIR CONDITIONING MARKET BY TYPE, 2016 43
- TABLE 21: UK MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS FOR PARTITIONING SYSTEMS 2012-2021 - (£M MSP) 45
- TABLE 22: UK MARKET FOR PARTITIONING SYSTEMS - MIX BY TYPE - OPERABLE, DEMOUNTABLE/RELOCATABLE, STORAGE WALLS (£M MSP) 2016 47
- CHART 23: PARTITIONING SYSTEMS MARKET - PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE 2016 48
- TABLE 24: UK MARKET FOR DEMOUNTABLE/RELOCATABLE PARTITIONING 2016 - VALUE SHARE BY TYPE (GLAZED, BI-BLOC, STORAGE WALL) 48
- CHART 25: UK MOVEABLE/FOLDING WALLS/PARTITIONS MARKET BY TYPE BY VALUE 2016 50
- CHART 26: UK DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE FOR PARTITIONING SYSTEMS AND SUSPENDED CEILINGS 2016 53
- TABLE 27: MAJOR MANUFACTURERS OF PARTITIONING SYSTEMS AND SUSPENDED CEILINGS 54
- TABLE 28: MARKET SHARES FOR SUSPENDED CEILINGS SUPPLIERS - % SHARE BY VALUE 2016 55
- TABLE 29: MARKET SHARES FOR SUSPENDED CEILINGS AND PARTITIONING SYSTEMS DISTRIBUTORS - % SHARE BY VALUE 2016 62
The 'Suspended Ceilings and Partitioning Systems Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' costs £745+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here.