Commercial Washrooms Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis
Published: 18/08/2017 / Number of Pages: 95 / Price: £895.00
Introduction and Overview
The 2017 edition of the 'Commercial Washrooms Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' provides a detailed review of the main product sectors of the commercial washrooms market including market sizes and product trends, in addition to a review of the key non-domestic end users of washroom products.
Key areas covered:
- Baths - steel enameled, cast iron, acrylic/plastic/composite.
- Sanitaryware - basins, WCs and urinals.
- Brassware - pillar taps, mixer taps and bath/shower mixers.
- Showers & Mixers - Single point shower controls, e.g. dual control mixing valves; single-outlet TMVs; multi-outlet mixing valves; timed flow controls; shower panels; shower enclosures, screens and trays; shower panels, cabins & pods.
- Inclusive Bathroom Equipment - 'inclusive design', Doc M, easy access baths; height adjustable and wall hung WCs and basins; no-touch controls; TMVs; level access step in showers; brassware and shower controls; accessories.
- Panel Systems - WC and changing cubicles; Pre-plumbed systems (Integrated Plumbing Systems); wall and duct paneling and complimentary products such as vanity units, lockers and screens.
Key areas of insight include:
- Market size and trends by product type - design, functionality and water saving aspects; use of Smart technology, BIM.
- Key Players by product group - major suppliers and respective market shares; corporate activity, product development and key end use sectors.
- Forecast of market performance through to 2021 - analysis of the key factors affecting future performance.
- Construction forecasts in the key end-use sectors of washroom products.
- Detailed market data and insight on the commercial washrooms market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
Ideal Standard, Armitage Shanks, Sottini, Geberit Group, Twyford Bathrooms, Masco, Kohler, Jacuzzi Spa and Bathroom Limited, Porcelanosa, Roca, VitrA, Aquabirths, Bette GmbH & Co., Carron Bathrooms, Kaldewei UK, Astracast, Trojan Plastics, Gainsborough Specialist Bathing, Apollo, CP Hart & Sons Ltd, Duravit, Imperial Bathroom Company, Laufen, Lecico Plc, Opella, RAK Ceramics UK, Sanindusa, Saniflo Ltd, Sanlamere UK, Silverdale Bathrooms, Thomas Dudley, Toto, Villeroy & Boch, Wallgate, Wedi Systems UK Ltd, Acorn Powell, CCK Stainless Products, Franke Sissons Ltd, GEC Anderson, Altecnic, Aqualisa Products, AL Challis, Barber Wilsons, Bristan, Cistermiser, Damixa, Delabie UK, Coran Showers, Douglas James, ESA Group, Euramax Solutions Ltd, Just Trays, Kermi, Crosswater Holdings, Roman, AKW Medicare, Care in Bathing, Phlexicare, Grant Westfeld, Venesta Washroom Systems, Premdor Crosby, Travis Perkins and many more.
Key Market Influences
- UK construction market performance - non domestic construction output with forecasts to 2021. Major factors influencing market development.
- Trends in end-use application sectors - education, health, offices, entertainment & leisure, retail, infrastructure, industrial and others. Highlights likely activity in prisons, care homes, warehousing, hotels, offices, independent schools and higher education, amongst others.
- Distribution structure - merchants/distributors, direct sales, off-site fabrication, online sales.
Baths and Sanitaryware
- Market size by value 2012 - 2021 - market performance and overview.
- Product trends & material mix - baths (steel enameled, cast iron, acrylic/composite); sanitaryware (ceramic, stainless steel, acrylic/composite); design trends in each area, baths, basins, WCs, urinals.
- Market shares of key companies - market positions, company profiles of market leaders and other players, brands, latest developments.
Brassware, Showers and Mixers
- Market size by value 2012 - 2021 - market performance and overview.
- Product trends - mixers, pillars, emerging designs, no-touch controls, wall mounted taps; Smart technology; trends in shower pods, enclosures and trays.
- Company profiles - Market leaders by product type, product trends and brands.
Special Needs Equipment
- Market size by value and trends - overall market and product trends, legislative and regulatory requirements, design trends, rise of 'inclusive design', ageing population.
- Company profiles - Market leaders by product type, brands.
Washroom Panel Systems
- Market size by value - 2012 - 2021 - market performance and overview.Product trends by type - Pre-plumbed and standard panels, vanities, materials, end use applications.
- Market shares of key companies - market positions, company profiles of market leaders and other players.
- Market development - short & medium term prospects up to 2021.
- The key positive and negative factors affecting the market - Brexit, impact on UK economy, non-residential construction activity, public sector expenditure, socio-demographic changes etc.
The UK commercial washrooms market is estimated to have increased by 10% in 2016 compared to the market size in 2015. This growth is largely due to a strong performance across several key sectors of the non-domestic construction industry including entertainment, offices, education and health. New Work construction activity as a whole has performed better than non-domestic RMI over the past two years, with a boost in Offices, Health, e.g. Care homes, Education and Entertainment & Leisure, all of which has supported demand for commercial washroom products.
Washroom panel systems continue to represent the largest sector of the commercial washroom systems market, followed by sanitaryware, brassware showers/mixers, and baths. It is estimated that almost three quarters of commercial washroom products are distributed via trade channels; this includes builders / plumbers' merchants and distributors. Direct sales to end users and dedicated online channels represent the remainder, with growth in internet sales.
The market trend towards streamlined contemporary design has continued, driven by aesthetics, ease of cleaning and perceived improvements to hygiene. Safety is also a key consideration within the washroom sector, especially for the disabled and elderly market. Ease of maintenance remains of prime importance in the commercial washrooms market, given the potential to extend the refurbishment cycle by ensuring that sanitaryware and other finishes continue to look good for as long as possible. Furthermore, customisation of design is increasingly significant, both as a means of differentiating a corporate brand and to incorporate particular features. Branded goods, from leading manufacturers, continue to constitute a key area of the commercial washrooms market as they represent a perceived endorsement of quality. Natural finishes incorporating real stone or wood are also popular; more authentic and expensive materials tend to be used in the higher end of the market. There is also an increasing focus upon using advanced technology.
The commercial washrooms market has performed strongly in the past couple years, with prospects also remaining strong into 2017. However, growth rate is expected to ease off over the next few years, reflecting the current economic and political uncertainty. Public sector construction has suffered due to lower budgets in recent times and this is unlikely to change with the focus remaining only on essential spending. The private sector will remain the key driver of growth for the commercial washrooms market, however, fortunes vary across each sub sector. Office construction, for example, is highly influence by levels of business confidence and investment and construction output is expected to fall in the short term following a significant period of growth. On the other hand, the entertainment & leisure sector is forecast to see modest annual growth rates to 2021. The weakness of the sterling will increase the cost of imports impacting the wetroom products market. Overall, the commercial washrooms market is forecast to see consistent yet modest growth until 2021.
List of Report Contents
- Contents Listing
- 1. INTRODUCTION 7
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 7
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 7
- 2. SUMMARY & MARKET PROSPECTS 9
- 2.1 SUMMARY 9
- 2.2 KEY TRENDS 10
- 2.3 MARKET PROSPECTS 11
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 13
- 3.1 GDP 13
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 14
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 16
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 16
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 17
- 3.6 STERLING 17
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE 18
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 18
- 4. MARKET SIZE AND PRODUCTS 20
- 4.1 OVERALL MARKET 20
- 4.1.1 Market Definition 20
- 4.1.2 Overall Market Performance and Key Trends 20
- 4.2 BATHS 23
- 4.2.1 Definition 23
- 4.2.2 Market Size by Value 2012 - 2021 23
- 4.2.3 Market Overview 24
- 4.2.4 Product Trends 26
- 4.2.5 Market Shares 29
- 4.3 SANITARYWARE 29
- 4.3.1 Definition 29
- 4.3.2 Market Size 2012 - 2021 29
- 4.3.3 Market Overview 30
- 4.3.4 Product Trends 31
- 4.3.5 Market Shares 37
- 4.4 INCLUSIVE WASHROOM/BATHROOM PRODUCTS 37
- 4.4.1 Definition 37
- 4.4.2 Market Size 38
- 4.4.3 Market Overview 38
- 4.4.4 Legislative And Regulatory Influences (Part M, Part G) 39
- 4.4.5 Product Trends 41
- 4.4.6 Leading Suppliers 43
- 4.5 BRASSWARE 43
- 4.5.1 Definition 43
- 4.5.2 Market Size 2012 - 2021 43
- 4.5.3 Market Overview 44
- 4.5.4 Product Trends 45
- 4.5.5 Market Shares 47
- 4.6 SHOWERS AND MIXERS 48
- 4.6.1 Definition 48
- 4.6.2 Market Size 2012 - 2021 48
- 4.6.3 Market Overview 49
- 4.6.4 Product Trends 50
- 4.6.5 Leading Suppliers 54
- 4.7 WASHROOM PANEL SYSTEMS 54
- 4.7.1 Definition 54
- 4.7.2 Market Size 2012 - 2021 55
- 4.7.3 Market Overview 55
- 4.7.4 Product Trends 56
- 4.7.5 Market Shares 60
- 5. KEY END-USE APPLICATION SECTORS 61
- 5.1 NON DOMESTIC CONSTRUCTION MARKET 61
- 5.2 EDUCATION 62
- 5.3 HEALTHCARE 64
- 5.4 ENTERTAINMENT AND LEISURE 66
- 5.5 COMMERCIAL OFFICES 68
- 5.6 INFRASTRUCTURE 70
- 5.7 RETAIL 71
- 5.8 OTHER (INDUSTRIAL, PRISONS, MOD, MARINE) 72
- 6. SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION 75
- 6.1 KEY SUPPLIERS 75
- 6.1.1 Overall Market 75
- 6.1.2 Baths 78
- 6.1.3 Sanitaryware 79
- 6.1.4 Brassware, Shower Controls and Mixers 82
- 6.1.5 Shower Enclosures, Screens, Trays and Shower Pods 85
- 6.1.6 Inclusive Bathroom Equipment 87
- 6.1.7 Washroom Panel Systems 88
- 6.2 DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS 90
- 6.2.1 Distribution Structure 90
- 6.2.2 Builders/Plumbers Merchants 91
- 6.2.3 Factors/Distributors 94
- Tables & Charts
- CHART 1: UK COMMERCIAL WASHROOMS MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2012-2021 9
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2017 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 14
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2021 15
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2021 16
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2013-2019 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 18
- TABLE 6: UK COMMERCIAL WASHROOMS MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2012-2021 20
- TABLE 7: UK COMMERCIAL WASHROOM PRODUCTS % PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE 2016 21
- TABLE 8: UK COMMERCIAL BATHS MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2012-2021 24
- CHART 9: NON-DOMESTIC BATHS % MATERIAL MIX BY VALUE 2016 26
- TABLE 10: NON-DOMESTIC BATHS SUPPLIERS % MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2016 29
- TABLE 11: UK COMMERCIAL SANITARYWARE MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2012-2021 30
- TABLE 12: NON-DOMESTIC SANITARYWARE % MATERIAL MIX BY VALUE 2016 31
- TABLE 13: NON-DOMESTIC SANITARYWARE SUPPLIERS % MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2016 37
- TABLE 14: UK COMMERCIAL BRASSWARE MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2012-2021 44
- CHART 15: NON-DOMESTIC BRASSWARE SUPPLIERS % MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2016 47
- TABLE 16: UK COMMERCIAL SHOWERS AND MIXERS MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2012-2021 49
- CHART 17: NON-DOMESTIC SHOWERS AND MIXERS % PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE 2016 50
- TABLE 18: NON-DOMESTIC SHOWERS AND MIXERS LEADING SUPPLIERS 2016 54
- TABLE 19: UK COMMERCIAL WASHROOM PANEL SYSTEMS MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2012-2021 55
- CHART 20: WASHROOM PANEL SYSTEMS % PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE 2016 57
- TABLE 21: WASHROOM PANEL SYSTEMS SUPPLIERS % MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2016 60
- TABLE 22: NON-DOMESTIC CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT FIGURES 2012-2021 (£BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 61
- CHART 23: NON-RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT NEW WORK ANALYSIS BY SECTOR 2016 AND 2021 - % BY VALUE GB 62
- CHART 24: EDUCATION CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021 63
- CHART 25: HEALTHCARE CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021 65
- CHART 26: ENTERTAINMENT CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021 67
- CHART 27: OFFICES CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021 69
- CHART 28: RETAIL CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021 71
- TABLE 29: KEY COMMERCIAL WASHROOM SUPPLIERS 2016 AND MARKET SHARE (%) 75
- CHART 30: UK COMMERCIAL WASHROOMS MARKET DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL BY VALUE 2016 91
The 'Commercial Washrooms Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' costs £895+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here.