Dehumidifier Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis
Published: 15/12/2015 / Number of Pages: 64 / Price: £795.00
Introduction and Overview
The 3rd edition of the 'Dehumidifier Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis' report contains substantial original primary research and represents an informed and up-to-date review of the market, incorporating both qualitative and quantitative assessment.
Key content covered:
- UK dehumidifier market - market value, end-user mix and key trends and market drivers between 2010-2015.
- Domestic dehumidifier market - market developments, drivers and product trends.
- Non-domestic dehumidifier market - refrigerant and desiccant dehumidifiers used in the construction industry, commercial/offices, industrial and manufacturing sectors, leisure applications etc.
- Supply and distribution - leading suppliers and market shares in the domestic and non-domestic sectors, company profiles and key distribution channels.
- Future prospects - market forecasts to 2019.
Key areas of insight include:
- Key market influences include a more buoyant economy, growth in the industrial sector and higher levels of construction.
- A prominent feature in the dehumidifier market in recent years has been the high level of price competition, driven by the introduction of many foreign and 'own-brand' products, particularly in the domestic sector.
- Other drivers in the domestic sector include a higher level of product awareness; increased awareness of condensation problems; greater marketing activity by manufacturers; wider availability of dehumidifiers, e.g. via the Internet retailers.
- The higher level of building and construction activity is supporting the dehumidifier market, particularly building dryers to the hire sector and direct to building contractors.
- Some growth within the industrial sector, e.g. manufacturing/processing sectors such as food, automotive etc, should offer growth opportunities.
- Detailed market data and insight on the dehumidifier market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
Aermec UK, Aggreko PLC, Amcor, Appliances Direct, Argos, B&Q, Brolin Appliances, Broughton Electro-Air Products, Calorex, Currys, Dantherm, Dehumidifiersuk.com, De'Longhi, Designer Habitat, Dimplex, Dri-Eaz, DST Humidity Control Systems, Duracraft, Ebac, EcoAir, Ecor pro, EIPL, ElectriQ, Electrolux, GDC Group, Heaven Fresh, Heronhill, Homebase, Hughes, JD Williams & Co, John Lewis, Maplin Electronics, Meaco UK, Menerga, Mitsubishi Electric, Munters, Heatstar, Olimpia Splendid, Powerforce Homewares, Premiair Appliances, Recotherm, Swan, Trotec, Wickes.
UK Dehumidifier Market
- Total dehumidifier market - market value and historical trends 2010-2015, with forecasts for 2016 - 2019.
- Key trends in the dehumidifier market within the domestic and non-domestic sectors.
- UK Dehumidifier market - end-user mix (Domestic and Non-Domestic) by value.
- Domestic market trends and forecasts 2010-2019, with key influencing factors.
- Non-Domestic market trends and forecasts 2010-2019, including the major construction end-use sectors and other key influencing factors.
Domestic Dehumidifier Market
- UK domestic dehumidifier market value and trends from 2010-2019.
- Domestic market trends and drivers, e.g. increasing market awareness and wider availability etc.
- Domestic market product trends and developments - aesthetics and features, key applications areas within the home etc.
- Domestic dehumidifier product mix by value, e.g. refrigerant and desiccant.
- Key market influences in the domestic dehumidifier sector including dwellings stock and age, housebuilding, housemoving, insulation etc.
Non-Domestic Dehumidifier Market
- UK non-domestic dehumidifier market value and trends from 2010-2019.
- Non-domestic market trends and drivers, e.g. demand increasing in key end-use sectors, a higher level of construction activity etc.
- Non-domestic market product trends and developments - aesthetics and features by end-use sector.
- Mix of non-domestic dehumidifier sales by sector, e.g. industrial/commercial, construction and leisure.
- Key market influences in the non-domestic dehumidifier sector including overall construction output, output by sector, key trends by sector, hire industry sector.
Supply and Distribution
- Domestic market suppliers and key distribution channels - market shares of leading suppliers and distribution shares held by electrical multiples, DIY multiples etc.
- Developments in domestic market distribution - increase in importance of major retail channels and key factors and trends. Changing influence of the Internet.
- Non-domestic market distribution channels - market shares of leading suppliers and distribution shares held by hire sector, direct sales, swimming pool contractors, air conditioning installers etc.
- Key company profiles of the major suppliers and distributors across the domestic and non-domestic end-use sectors.
Growth Prospects and Influences
- Growth prospects of overall market and the domestic and non-domestic sectors from 2016-2019.
- Influence of improving economic prospects.
- Key factors influencing future market development.
- Construction sector growth forecasts. Trends and influence of the economic environment on key end-use sectors.
- Development of the supply structure, imports etc, and distribution channels, e.g. internet.
The overall UK market for dehumidifiers has experienced modest growth in recent years, with 1-3% growth estimated in 2012/2013, though growth in 2014 was significantly higher at 9%. The positive trends have continued in 2015, although a slowdown in construction in the latter half of 2015 is thought to have impacted on overall market growth, resulting in estimated growth of around 3% in 2015. Key market influences include a more buoyant economy, growth in the industrial sector and higher levels of construction in the domestic and commercial sectors.
The domestic sector accounted for just over 40% of the market in 2014. This sector has experienced good growth in recent years supported by RMI and rising levels of housebuilding. In addition, the extensive flooding and prolonged wet weather in 2014 that affected some areas of the UK, supported demand for dehumidifiers. Other drivers in the domestic sector include a higher level of product awareness; increased awareness of condensation problems; greater marketing activity by manufacturers; wider availability of dehumidifiers; and increasing price competition supported by the growth of lower value imported products.
The performance of the non-domestic sector has been mixed in recent years, largely due to the varied performance of different end-use sectors. Key drivers for growth include rising demand and investment in, among others, several industrial sectors including the food processing and manufacturing sector, pharmaceuticals, electronics and automotive. A higher level of building and construction activity is supporting the dehumidifier market, particularly building dryers to the hire sector and direct to building contractors. Other sectors include growing demand for warehousing and storage facilities, largely driven by online purchasing. This often involves electronic products or similar, where the use of dehumidification is vital to ensure the quality of the product. This is also an important factor in other sensitive 'electronic' environments such as data centres.
In general, the positive trend in the dehumidifier market is expected to continue in the medium term, with the market forecast to see annual growth of 4-5% between 2016 and 2019. In product terms, it seems likely that there will continue to be a shift to greater integration of products offering air handling and air control features. The focus on energy efficiency is likely to support the growth of multi-functional products offering air conditioning and dehumidification etc. A prominent feature in the dehumidifier market in recent years has been the high level of price competition, driven by the introduction of many foreign and 'own-brand' products, particularly in the domestic sector - and this is likely to continue. There is some overlap in the non-domestic sector with heating, air conditioning, ventilation suppliers also offering dehumidifiers. It seems likely that the supply structure will become increasingly blurred, with companies offering products that provide greater integration across the air handling/air quality industry.
List of Report Contents
- Contents Listing
- 1. INTRODUCTION 7
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 7
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 7
- 2. SUMMARY & FUTURE PROSPECTS 9
- 2.1 SUMMARY 9
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 12
- 3.1 GDP 12
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 13
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 14
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 15
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 15
- 3.6 STERLING 16
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE 17
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 17
- 4. THE UK DEHUMIDIFIER MARKET 19
- 4.1 MARKET DEFINITION 19
- 4.2 MARKET SIZE & TRENDS 2010-2019 19
- 4.3 OVERALL PRODUCT MIX 22
- 5. THE DOMESTIC DEHUMIDIFIER MARKET 24
- 5.1 MARKET TRENDS AND FORECASTS 2010-2019 24
- 5.2 KEY MARKET DRIVERS 26
- 5.3 PRODUCT TRENDS AND APPLICATIONS 29
- 5.3.1 Product Trends 29
- 5.3.2 Applications 30
- 5.4 KEY MARKET INFLUENCES 31
- 5.4.1 Stock of Dwellings 31
- 5.4.2 Age of Dwellings 32
- 5.4.3 House Building Completions 33
- 5.4.4 Mix of Housebuilding Completions 34
- 5.4.5 House Moving Levels 35
- 5.5.6 Insulation Measures (Cavity Wall, Loft, Double Glazing) 36
- 6. THE NON-DOMESTIC MARKET FOR DEHUMIDIFIERS 38
- 6.1 MARKET TRENDS AND FORECASTS 38
- 6.2 PRODUCT TRENDS AND APPLICATIONS 40
- 6.2.1 Product Trends and Developments 40
- 6.3 NON-DOMESTIC APPLICATIONS FOR DEHUMIDIFIERS 42
- 6.4 KEY MARKET INFLUENCES 44
- 6.4.1 Construction Market Overview 44
- 6.4.2 Manufacturing and Industrial Sector Influences 47
- 6.4.3 Entertainment and Leisure Sector Influences 47
- 6.4.4 Construction Industry - Productivity and Processes 49
- 6.4.5 Hire Industry Sector 50
- 7. SUPPLY STRUCTURE 52
- 7.1 DOMESTIC SECTOR MAIN SUPPLIERS 52
- 7.2 DOMESTIC SECTOR COMPANY PROFILES 53
- 7.3 NON-DOMESTIC MARKET MAIN SUPPLIERS 55
- 7.4 NON-DOMESTIC MARKET COMPANY PROFILES 56
- 8. DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS 58
- 8.1 DOMESTIC MARKET DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS 58
- 8.2 KEY CHANNEL PROFILES 59
- 8.2.1 DIY Multiples 59
- 8.2.2 Electrical Multiples 59
- 8.2.3 Variety and Department Stores 60
- 8.2.4 Grocery Multiples 60
- 8.2.5 Internet 61
- 8.2.6 Others 61
- 8.3 NON-DOMESTIC MARKET DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS 62
- 8.3.1 Hire Sector 63
- 8.3.2 Air Conditioning Distributors 63
- 8.3.3 Pool Installation Distributors 64
- 8.3.4 Others 64
- Tables & Charts
- CHART 1 UK MARKET FOR DEHUMIDIFIERS 2010-2019 - BY VALUE (£M MSP) 9
- TABLE 2 GDP DATA - 2012-2015 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 12
- CHART 3 INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2019 14
- CHART 4 PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2019 15
- TABLE 5 EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2010-2016 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 17
- TABLE 6 THE UK MARKET FOR DEHUMIDIFIERS 2010 - 2019 BY VALUE (£M MSP) 20
- CHART 7 UK DEHUMIDIFIER MARKET - END-USER MIX BY VALUE 2014 22
- TABLE 8 UK DOMESTIC DEHUMIDIFIER MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2010 - 2019 24
- CHART 9 DOMESTIC DEHUMIDIFIER MARKET - PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE 2014 29
- TABLE 10 STOCK OF DWELLINGS ('000) IN THE UK 1971-2014 32
- CHART 11 STOCK OF UK DWELLINGS - AGE (% SHARE BY VOLUME) 2014 33
- TABLE 12 HOUSE BUILDING COMPLETIONS 2009-2019 - GREAT BRITAIN (000'S DWELLINGS) 34
- CHART 13 HOUSEBUILDING COMPLETIONS IN ENGLAND - % MIX BY TYPE OF DWELLING 2004-2014 35
- TABLE 14 NUMBER OF PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS UK 2009 TO 2014 - ('000) 36
- CHART 15 PERCENTAGE OF HOUSEHOLDS WITH INSULATION MEASURES IN ENGLAND - 1996, 2006 AND 2012 37
- TABLE 16 UK NON-DOMESTIC DEHUMIDIFIER MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2010 - 2019 38
- CHART 17 NON-DOMESTIC DEHUMIDIFIER MARKET - END-USER MIX BY VALUE 2014 43
- CHART 18 VALUE OF NON-DOMESTIC CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT 2009 - 2019 BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 44
- CHART 19 NON-RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT ANALYSIS BY SECTOR 2014 - % BY VALUE 45
- TABLE 20 ENTERTAINMENT AND LEISURE WORK (PUBLIC & PRIVATE SECTORS) - CONTRACTORS OUTPUT 2009 - 2019 (£M) 48
- TABLE 21 UK DOMESTIC DEHUMIDIFIER MARKET - KEY SUPPLIER SHARES (% BY VALUE) 2014 52
- TABLE 22 UK NON-DOMESTIC DEHUMIDIFIER MARKET - KEY SUPPLIER SHARES (% BY VALUE) 2014 55
- CHART 23 UK DEHUMIDIFIER MARKET - DOMESTIC DISTRIBUTION MIX BY VALUE BY CHANNEL (DIY, ELECTRICAL MULTIPLE, INTERNET ETC) 2014 58
- CHART 24 UK DEHUMIDIFIER MARKET - NON-DOMESTIC DISTRIBUTION MIX BY VALUE 2014 62
The 'Dehumidifiers Market Report- UK 2015-2019 Analysis' costs £795+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here.