Event Equipment Hire Market Report - UK 2019-2023
Published: 27/03/2019 / Number of Pages: 61 / Price: £895.00
Introduction and Overview
The 4th Edition of the 'Event Equipment Hire Market Report- UK 2019-2023' provides an informed and up-to-date analysis of the market and includes a review of recent market performance with forecasts up to 2023.
Key issues covered in the report:
- Detailed assessment of the market - analysis of the market structure and details of key players within different equipment sectors.
- Forecasts of market development to 2023.
- Analysis by equipment group - market sizes, product mixes and sector trends: Staging, structures, seating & marquees; Portable buildings and sanitation; Audio-visual and specialist lighting; Power generation & climate control; Interiors; Traffic & crowd control, signage, security and portable access solutions; Access equipment and other plant & tool hire; Others - including cleaning & floor preparation, health & safety etc.
- Forecasts of market developments up to 2023.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Analysis of market performance 2013-2018.
- Review of key market influences including growing event industry, key end-use / client sectors, increasing expectations of clients / consumers.
- Hire product group analysis - market sizes, influences and trends - growth sectors.o Forecast of market performance 2019-2023.
- Estimated shares of type of hire company - specialists, plant & tool, other.
- Detailed market data and insight on the event equipment hire market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
Actavo Events UK, ADI UK, Aggreko, All Event Hire, Amberon, Andy Loos, Arena Events Group, Blitz Communications, Britannia Row Productions, Cameron Presentations, Carlinden Events, Carrier Rental Systems (UK), Chevron Traffic Management, City Furniture Hire, Concept Furniture International, Contraflow, CSM Live, Danco, DBpixelhouse, Elliott Group, Energyst, Enigma Visual Solutions, Europa International Exhibition Services, Event Marketing Solutions, Events Solution, Field & Lawn (Marquees), Generator hire, Generator Power, GL Events, GLD Productions, Global Experience Specialists (GES), Hamilton Rentals, Hawthorn Theatrical, Highway Traffic Management, Index Group, JMT Indisplay, John Attwooll and Company (Tents), Jongor, LCI ProductionsLosberger De Boer Group, Media Powerhouse, MEMS Power Generation, Mobile Visual Information Systems, NEP Group, Neptunus, Perfect Associates, Perton Signs, PKL Group (UK), Portable Toilets, Portakabin, Power Electrics (Bristol), PRG XL Video, Qdos Event Hire, Rennyco, Road Traffic Solutions, Showlite, Spaceworks Furniture Hire, Stage Electrics Partnership, Stage One, Stageco, Star Events, Steeldeck Rental, Sun Traffic, Temp Fence Supplies, Temporary Fencing, The Freeman Company (UK), Thorns Group, Wernick Events, Wernick Group, etc.
- Event equipment hire market (excluding conferences & meetings) - market definition in terms of end-use /client sectors and equipment hired.
- Market size - analysis by value from 2013-2018 and key characteristics of the market. Market trends and factors influencing market development, including growth in the events industry, H&S legislation, enhancing visitor experience, etc.
- Events market - market size, structure of events market - Sports, Music, Exhibitions/Trade Shows, Festivals/Culture, Corporate Hospitality etc - sector shares.
- Market forecasts - market size 2019-2023, prospects and key influencing factors on the market up to 2023.
Event Equipment Hire Companies
- Overview of supply structure - competitive, fragmented sector with most players operating in relatively limited product sectors due to the high number of specialist operators.
- Identification of main suppliers - major suppliers, key players/specialists by product group.
- Review of key hire operators -turnovers, company structure, key areas of specialisation etc.
Event Equipment Hire Products
- Equipment groups reviewed - Staging, structures, seating & marquees; Portable buildings & sanitation, Mktg/admin buildings, Portable kitchens; Audio-visual & specialist lighting; Power generation & climate control; Interiors; Traffic & crowd control, signage, security & portable access solutions; Access equipment and other plant & tool hire; Others, including cleaning & floor preparation, health & safety etc.
- Estimated shares of the main product groups within the overall market.
- Product groups - definition, market size and product mix within each sector - growth areas such as AV, interior fittings etc - drivers for growth, changing demands/perceptions etc.
- Product sectors - review of products within the sector including influencing factors.
- Estimated shares of type of hire company (e.g. specialist, plant &tool, others) -strengths / weaknesses by sector and product group..
- Forecasts of market development - short term prospects in 2019/20 and medium term prospects up to 2023.
- Positive and negative factors affecting market - performance of UK economy, Brexit, the events industry, health & safety, customer experience, market competition.
- Outlook for the event equipment hire market through to 2023 and key drivers.
The UK has a well-developed infrastructure of event destinations, venues and service suppliers and a global reputation for the staging of events, particularly sports and music events. The events industry is growing and evolving which provides opportunities for the event equipment hire market.
Market growth is constrained by the competitive nature of the market and its price sensitivity. Though hire rates have tended to increase since 2014, hire companies have not always been able to pass on the rising costs resulting from the increased cost of sourcing products from abroad, because of the fall in sterling, or from the need to provide upgraded equipment to meet rising customer expectations.
Visitor expectations of events are increasing, with events such as music concerts & festivals becoming audio & visual spectacles; touch screens are generally expected at exhibitions; and there has been upgrading of interiors in temporary structures; and better facilities at festivals. The trend for glamorous camping ('glamping') has continued which has seen growing demand for more showers and higher standards, particularly regarding sanitation and water supply.
Key market influences on the event equipment hire market are the performance of the events sector (itself highly dependent on the weather), as well as the general economic climate and the strength of the industries that are represented at exhibitions and trade shows, health & safety legislation and trends towards improving the 'visitor experience' (style, comfort etc).
The prospects of the event equipment hire market appear positive despite uncertainty over the impact of the UK leaving the European Union, as the strength of the UK events industry should ensure that the hire market continues to enjoy underlying growth.
List of Report Contents
- Contents Listing
- 1. INTRODUCTION 6
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 6
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 6
- 2. SUMMARY AND MARKET PROSPECTS 8
- 2.1 SUMMARY 8
- 2.2 MARKET PROSPECTS 9
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 11
- 3.1 OVERVIEW AND OUTLOOK 11
- 3.2 KEY DATA 12
- 3.2.1 GDP 12
- 3.2.2 Inflation & Interest Rates 12
- 3.2.3 Employment & Wages 13
- 3.2.4 Household Consumption 14
- 3.2.5 Sterling 15
- 4. THE EVENTS INDUSTRY 16
- 4.1 OVERVIEW OF EVENTS INDUSTRY 16
- 4.2 EVENT ORGANISING SECTOR 19
- 5. EVENT EQUIPMENT HIRE MARKET 21
- 5.1 DEFINITION 21
- 5.2 OVERVIEW OF EVENT EQUIPMENT HIRE SECTOR 22
- 5.3 EQUIPMENT HIRE MARKET STRUCTURE 23
- 5.4 MARKET SIZE 24
- 5.4.1 Background and Recent Performance 24
- 5.4.2 Market Prospects 27
- 5.5 EVENT EQUIPMENT HIRE MARKET SECTORS 29
- 5.6 EVENT EQUIPMENT HIRE PRODUCT SECTORS 30
- 6. EVENT EQUIPMENT HIRE COMPANIES 32
- 6.1 MARKET STRUCTURE 32
- 6.2 HIRE COMPANIES 33
- 6.2.1 Staging, Structures, Seating and Marquees Hire Companies 33
- 6.2.2 Portable Buildings and Sanitation Hire Companies 35
- 6.2.3 Power Generation & Climate Control Hire Companies 37
- 6.2.4 Audio-Visual and Specialist Lighting Hire Companies 38
- 6.2.5 Traffic & Crowd Control, Signage, Security, Portable Access Solutions 40
- 6.2.6 Interiors Hire Companies 42
- 6.2.7 General Equipment Hire Companies 43
- 7. PRODUCTS 45
- 7.1 STAGING, STRUCTURES, SEATING AND MARQUEES 45
- 7.2 PORTABLE BUILDINGS AND SANITATION 47
- 7.3 POWER GENERATION & CLIMATE CONTROL 49
- 7.4 AUDIO-VISUAL AND SPECIALIST LIGHTING 52
- 7.5 TRAFFIC & CROWD CONTROL, SIGNAGE, SECURITY & PORTABLE ACCESS SOLUTIONS 55
- 7.6 INTERIORS 57
- 7.7 ACCESS EQUIPMENT AND OTHER PLANT & TOOLS PRODUCTS 59
- 7.8 OTHER HIRED EQUIPMENT 60
- Tables & Charts
- CHART 1: UK EVENT EQUIPMENT HIRE MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2014-2023 (£M) 8
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2019 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 12
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2008-2023 13
- TABLE 4: AVERAGE WEEKLY EARNINGS DATA - GB - TOTAL PAY - 2014-2019 (SEASONALLY ADJUSTED) 14
- CHART 5: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2008-2023 14
- TABLE 6: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2015-2021 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 15
- CHART 7: UK EVENTS MARKET BY SECTOR - BY VALUE 2018 17
- TABLE 8: ENTERPRISES INVOLVED IN CONVENTION AND TRADE SHOW ORGANISING SERVICES REGISTERED FOR VAT BY TURNOVER BAND - (%) 2018 20
- CHART 9: ENTERPRISES INVOLVED IN CONVENTION AND TRADE SHOW ORGANISING SERVICES REGISTERED FOR VAT BY EMPLOYMENT SIZE - (%) 2018 20
- CHART 10: EVENT EQUIPMENT HIRE DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE 23
- TABLE 11: UK EVENT HIRE MARKET AT HIRE MARKET PRICES 2013-2018 24
- TABLE 12: UK EVENT HIRE MARKET AT HIRE MARKET PRICES 2018-2023 27
- CHART 13: UK EVENT EQUIPMENT HIRE MARKET BY SECTOR (EXHIBITIONS/TRADE SHOWS, MUSIC, SPORT, FESTIVALS/CULTURAL, CORPORATE) - BY VALUE 2018 30
- TABLE 14: UK EQUIPMENT HIRE MARKET SIZE BY PRODUCT TYPE - BY VALUE 2018(£M) 31
- TABLE 15: ESTIMATED SHARES BY TYPE OF HIRE COMPANY BY HIRE PRODUCT SECTORS - 2018 33
- CHART 16: MIX OF EQUIPMENT HIRE IN EVENTS SECTOR - BY VALUE - 2018 45
- CHART 17: MIX OF EQUIPMENT HIRED IN THE STAGING, STRUCTURES/MARQUEES, & SEATING SECTOR - SHARE BY VALUE 2018 46
- CHART 18: MIX OF EQUIPMENT HIRED IN THE PORTABLE BUILDINGS AND SANITATION SECTOR BY VALUE 2018 48
- CHART 19: MIX OF EQUIPMENT HIRED IN THE POWER GENERATION & CLIMATE CONTROL SECTOR SECTOR SHARE BY VALUE 2018 50
- CHART 20: MIX OF EQUIPMENT HIRED IN THE AUDIO-VISUAL & SPECIALIST LIGHTING SECTOR - SECTOR SHARE BY VALUE 2018 52
- CHART 21: MIX OF EQUIPMENT HIRED IN THE TRAFFIC & CROWD CONTROL, SIGNAGE, SECURITY AND PORTABLE ACCESS SECTORS - SECTOR SHARE BY VALUE 2018 55
- CHART 22: MIX OF EQUIPMENT HIRED IN THE INTERIORS SECTOR- SECTOR SHARE BY VALUE 2018 58
- CHART 23: MIX OF EQUIPMENT HIRED IN THE ACCESS, MATERIAL HANDLING, LANDSCAPING AND OTHER PLANT & TOOL SECTOR - SECTOR SHARE BY VALUE 2018 59
The 'Event Equipment Hire Market Report - UK 2019-2023' costs £895+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here.