Furniture Fittings Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis
Published: 22/01/2016 / Number of Pages: 61 / Price: £745.00
Introduction and Overview
The 1st edition of the 'Furniture Fittings Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis', includes up to date information on recent trends and issues that impact on the supply of furniture fittings to domestic furniture manufacturers, cabinet makers, tradesmen and the general public. The report examines the various aspects driving change in the furniture fittings industry and assesses the likely future prospects for the sector through to 2020.
Key sections covered:
- Overall review of the fittings market - market size and structure, analysis of major trends, developments and key driving factors.
- Product mix and trends - hinges, interior fittings, handles and knobs, drawer systems and runners etc.
- Supply and distribution review - key fittings suppliers by sector, major furniture manufacturers, assessment of each of the key distribution channels.
- Opportunities for growth and change - performance of key sectors, key influences and trends etc.
- Future prospects - forecasts for market developments up to 2020.
Key areas of insight include:
- Market performance of the fittings sector, compared with the performance of the domestic furniture market and the individual furniture sectors.
- Analysis of the key performers in each sector of the market.
- Assessment of the complex distribution structure in the furniture fittings market.
- Examination of innovation in storage solutions.
- The high level of imports, particularly from European branded suppliers, in the furniture fittings sector.
Some of the companies included:
Hafele UK, Blum UK, Unico Components, Titus International, Salice UK, A. C Sissling, GRASS Movement Systems, Crofts & Assinder, Carlisle Brass, Hawa AG, Kessebohmer GmbH, Agostino Ferrari Spa, Essentra plc, Decatur Industries Inc, A. Kenrick & Sons, Flexello Ltd, Rothley Ltd, P.C. Henderson, Allmand-Smith, Spaceslide, Gliderobes, Stanley Sliding Doors, Sliderobes.
Structure of the Furniture Fittings Market
- Trends in the domestic furniture market in the UK - overall market definition, size and current situation 2010-2015, recent industry performance, key drivers and recent trends.
- Trends in the furniture fittings sector - product definitions, size and current situation 2010-2015, factors underpinning demand, product mix etc.
- Future prospects including market size and forecast trends for furniture fittings from 2016-2020.
- Impact of imports on the market.
- Key market influences - including levels of construction, housing market, economic trends, impact of global credit crisis, short-term prospects and so on.
- Future prospects - market size and forecast trends with prospects and forecasts up to 2020 for the wider domestic furniture industry and key sectors within the industry.
- Key factors driving growth and change in the industry - demand for more efficient storage solutions etc.
- Product mix trends - hinges, interior fittings, handles and knobs, drawer systems and runners etc.
- Value share of the market by product - % share of hinges, interior fittings, handles and knobs, drawer systems and runners etc.
- Major distribution channels - structure of the sector, share by type of outlet - distributors, builders merchants, hardware outlets, DIY multiples and so on.
- Key organisations in the sector - company profile, activities, product range etc.
- Key fittings suppliers by sector - major players - Hafele, Blum, Hettich and so on.
- Major furniture manufacturers and suppliers - structure of the sector, turnover size, market share, major product offering, market positioning.
- Changes in market structure - growth/decline of various furniture sectors and fortunes of leading players.
- Key growth areas - prospects for domestic furniture for 2016 and up to 2020.
- Prospects for the furniture fittings sector - factors specifically affecting the market, with forecasts for 2016 and up to 2020.
- Review of key economic factors impacting on the market.
The UK furniture fittings market experienced steady growth in the years to 2007, before declining in the 2008-2011 period, as the financial crisis affected the domestic furniture market. Further solid growth has taken place since then, and the market is estimated to have grown by 5% at manufacturers' selling prices (MSP) in 2015. The sector has benefited from growth trends in recent years in the domestic furniture market, particularly the kitchen furniture sector. Overall average growth on an annual basis has been around 3-4% since 2011, which is higher growth compared to the furniture market as a whole, but broadly in line with the development of the kitchen furniture sector.
Hinges form the major product sector, accounting for over 35% of the market. The kitchen furniture sector represents a significant market for furniture fittings, and account for over 60% of fittings sales, followed by bedroom furniture and dining/occasional furniture. As well as good growth in some key end use sectors, the furniture fittings sector has also been supported by ongoing product development by suppliers, the trend towards more storage facilities in the home, trading up to soft close drawers, along with a wider range of specialist equipment designed for elderly or disabled householders.
Key issues that have influenced the UK furniture market in recent years include a blurring of distinction between the kitchen and dining room, with less formality in the home and a move towards open plan living, and an emphasis on aesthetics and stylish designs with a move towards curved lines. This move away from a functional form has meant that accessory suppliers have had to develop added value, innovatory storage solutions to make the most of all the available space.
The total market for furniture fittings is forecast to show good growth in the period to 2020, with growth likely in all product sectors. Key drivers include reasonably positive economic conditions compared to the last five years, and a rising population and the need for a significant increase in housing construction should provide strong demand for domestic furniture, including kitchen furniture. In addition to the demand created by rising sales in the domestic furniture market, the manufacturers and suppliers of furniture fittings are likely to provide added value to their market sector by developing new and improved products. Particular product areas where development is likely to take place include interior storage solutions, driven by space limitations in modern housing in the UK and equipment for disabled and less mobile customers, as the population demographics move towards an ageing population.
List of Report Contents
- Contents Listing
- 1. INTRODUCTION 6
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 6
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 6
- 2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS 8
- 2.1 SUMMARY 8
- 2.2 FUTURE PROSPECTS 10
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 11
- 3.1 GDP 11
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 12
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 13
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 14
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 14
- 3.6 STERLING 15
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE 16
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 16
- 4. THE UK FURNITURE MARKET 18
- 4.1 OVERALL FURNITURE MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS 18
- 4.2 CONSUMER CHARACTERISTICS 20
- 4.3 FUTURE PROSPECTS 21
- 5. THE UK FURNITURE FITTINGS MARKET 24
- 5.1 MARKET DEFINITION 24
- 5.2 OVERALL MARKET SIZE 24
- 5.3 SECTOR ANALYSIS 26
- 5.4 HOUSING TRENDS AND DEMOGRAPHICS 28
- 5.4.1 Housebuilding 28
- 5.4.2 House Moving 31
- 5.4.3 Household Size 32
- 6. FURNITURE FITTINGS 34
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION AND DEFINITION 34
- 6.2 PRODUCT MIX 34
- 6.2.1 Hinges 34
- 6.2.2 Drawer systems and Drawer Runners 35
- 6.2.3 Handles and Door Knobs 35
- 6.2.4 Interior Fittings 35
- 6.2.5 Miscellaneous 35
- 6.3 PRODUCT SHARE ANALYSIS 36
- 6.4 INSTALLATION 37
- 6.5 DESIGN TRENDS 38
- 7. SUPPLIERS 40
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION 40
- 7.2 KEY SUPPLIERS OF FURNITURE FITTINGS 40
- 7.3 UK KITCHEN FURNITURE SUPPLIERS 44
- 7.3.1 Key Suppliers and Market Share 44
- 7.3.2 Company Profiles 45
- 7.4 UK BEDROOM FURNITURE SUPPLIERS 49
- 7.4.1 Key Suppliers and Market Share 49
- 7.4.2 Company Profiles 50
- 7.5 OTHER FURNITURE SUPPLIERS 52
- 8. DISTRIBUTION 54
- 8.1 STRUCTURE 54
- 8.2 DISTRIBUTORS 56
- 8.3 BUILDERS MERCHANTS 58
- 8.4 DIY MULTIPLES 59
- 8.5 HARDWARE OUTLETS 60
- 8.6 FURNITURE MULTIPLES 60
- 8.7 OTHERS 61
- Tables & Charts
- CHART 1 THE UK MARKET FOR FURNITURE FITTINGS BY VALUE £M (MSP) 2010-2020 8
- TABLE 2 GDP DATA - 2012-2015 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 11
- CHART 3 INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2020 13
- CHART 4 PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2020 14
- TABLE 5 EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2011-2017 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 16
- TABLE 6 THE UK MARKET FOR OVERALL DOMESTIC FURNITURE 2010-2015 (£M MSP) 18
- CHART 7 UK MARKET MIX OF ALL DOMESTIC FURNITURE - VALUE (%) 2002, 2008 & 2015 19
- TABLE 8 THE UK MARKET FOR DOMESTIC FURNITURE 2016-2020 (£M MSP) 21
- TABLE 9 THE UK MARKET FOR KITCHEN FURNITURE 2015-2020 (£M MSP) 22
- TABLE 10 THE UK MARKET FOR FURNITURE FITTINGS 2010-2020 (£M MSP) 25
- TABLE 11 THE UK MARKET FOR FURNITURE FITTINGS BY FURNITURE SECTOR 2015 (£M MSP AND % SHARE) 27
- TABLE 12 HOUSE BUILDING COMPLETIONS 2010-2016 - GREAT BRITAIN (000'S DWELLINGS) 29
- CHART 13 HOUSE BUILDING COMPLETIONS (ENGLAND) 2009-2015 BY TYPE OF DWELLING - % 31
- TABLE 14 NUMBER OF PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS IN THE UK 2009-2014 (000'S) 32
- TABLE 15 AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD SIZE FOR GREAT BRITAIN 1991-2016 33
- TABLE 16 FURNITURE FITTINGS MARKET - PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE 2015 (£M MSP AND % SHARE) 36
- CHART 17 PRODUCT MIX IN THE FURNITURE FITTINGS MARKET - MIX BY % VALUE 2015 37
- TABLE 18 MARKET SHARE OF MAJOR UK KITCHEN FURNITURE SUPPLIERS 2015 - BY VALUE 44
- TABLE 19 MARKET SHARE OF MAJOR BEDROOM FURNITURE SUPPLIERS 2015 - BY VALUE AT MSP 49
- CHART 20 UK FURNITURE FITTINGS MARKET - SUPPLY STRUCTURE 2015 55
- TABLE 21 THE MARKET FOR FURNITURE FITTINGS BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL - 2015 SHARE BY VALUE (%) 56
The 'Furniture Fittings Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis' costs £745+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here.