Kitchen and Bathroom Distributors Market Report – UK 2019-2023
Published: 01/04/2019 / Number of Pages: 75 / Price: £895.00
Introduction and Overview
The 12th Edition of the 'Kitchen and Bathroom Distributors Market Report - UK 2019-2023' has been published by AMA Research. The report focuses on the supply infrastructure of the bathroom and kitchen industry and the performance of the kitchen and bathroom distributors within the industry.
Key content covered:
- Overall kitchen and bathroom distributor market size - 2013-2023.
- Analysis of key sectors within the supply chain and overview of key players.
- Mix of products in the kitchen and bathroom industry and key market trends in each sector.
- Main suppliers and distribution channels to the market..
Recent trends include:
- The value of the individual product sectors in the kitchen and bathroom market and the product mix within these sectors, along with product trends.
- A review of the supply and distribution structure by channel including sales mix and company profiles.
- The market size and forecasts in value of the distributors' market for 2013-2023.
- Analysis of drivers and influences in the distributors market.
- Company profiles of kitchen and bathroom distributors, including market shares.
- Detailed market data and insight on the kitchen & bathroom supply chain market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
Aqualisa Group , Aqualona Products, Aqualux Products, Bristan Group, Bristan Group, Commodore Kitchens, Crown Products (Kent), Croydex Group, Dennis & Robinson, Geberit UK, Gower Furniture, Grohe, Hansgrohe, Howden Joinery Ltd, Ideal Standard UK, J&J Ormerod, Kohler Mira, Matki, Merlyn Industries, Moores Furniture Group, MX Group, Nobia Holdings UK Ltd - Including Magnet, Norcros Group , Omega Plc, Pegler Yorkshire, Rixonway Kitchens, Roca, Roman, The Symphony Group plc, Ultima Furniture Systems, Wren Kitchens, etc.
Distribution Supply Chain for Kitchen & Bathroom Products
- Market size and key trends in the kitchen and bathroom industry from 2013-2023.
- Mix of products in the K&B industry and key market trends in each sector.
- Supply chain structure and value of the key sectors, e.g. merchants, DIY, share taken by distributors etc.
- Direct versus indirect delivery through the distributors.
- Analysis of key sectors within the supply chain and overview of key players, e.g. company profiles of leading builders' merchants, DIY multiples etc. Characteristics of the major channels, bathroom retailers, merchants, e-tailers, electrical wholesalers, mail order etc.
- Supply chain scale of the different channels of distribution in the kitchen and bathroom industry.
- Installation and contracting and their role in the market.
Focus on the Distributors
- The market size and forecasts in value of the distributors' market for 2013-2023.
- Market trends in recent years, prospects, forecasts and key market influences facing the distributors.
- Key products marketed by distributors, share of distributors' business.
- Major distributors, market shares, key characteristics, turnovers, product strengths, market positioning etc.
- Leading distributors by product sector - Kitchen Furniture/Kitchen Appliances/ Bathroom and Shower products.
- Mix of major national/ regional distributors.
- Characteristics of distributors including profitability, key customer groups, competitors.
- The role of the distributor, how this is changing and how it varies for the major product groups.
- Analysis of drivers and forces in the distributors' market - SWOT analysis.
Products / Suppliers - Kitchen & Bathroom Products
- Market size of each major product group: kitchen furniture, kitchen appliances, bathroom products and shower products.
- Product mix within major product groups.
- Product trends by main groups and product sectors.
- Key suppliers within each product sector.
- Distribution characteristics, distributors' influence and share within each product group.
The rate of growth has been slower in 2018; inflation has continued to outstrip wage increases and uncertainty has clouded the UK economic environment, with the ongoing Brexit negotiations proving to be very challenging.
This uncertainty has impacted consumer confidence and expenditure on 'big ticket' items such kitchen and bathroom refurbishments. However, the new housing sector has remained moderately positive supported by Government initiatives such as Help to Buy.
The role of the distributor is challenging, with a need for players to differentiate their products and services and add value. As well as efficiencies of scale, stock holding and additional services, the key to the distributors' continued survival is to increase awareness of the market they operate in.
Distributors are ideally situated to understand the market and anticipate changes and new trends, helping them to match suppliers and manufacturers' products to market demands.
The growing level of kitchen and bathroom products distributed directly from manufacturer/importer to merchant, retailer (particularly Internet specialists) or contractor continues to negatively influence the distributor channel.
The prospects for the kitchen and bathroom distributors market are for modest growth, driven by demand in the new housing sector and essential replacement purchases. The economic uncertainty is impacting consumer confidence, particularly the purchase of high ticket items such as kitchens and bathrooms, which will dampen the growth prospects in the short term.
List of Report Contents
- Contents Listing
- 1. INTRODUCTION 7
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 7
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 7
- 2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND MARKET PROSPECTS 9
- 2.1 MARKET SIZE 9
- 2.2 KEY TRENDS 10
- 2.3 MARKET PROSPECTS 11
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 13
- 3.1 OVERVIEW AND OUTLOOK 13
- 3.2 KEY DATA 14
- 3.2.1 GDP 14
- 3.2.2 Inflation & Interest Rates 15
- 3.2.3 Employment & Wages 15
- 3.2.4 Household Consumption 16
- 3.2.5 Sterling 17
- 4. THE MARKET FOR KITCHEN & BATHROOM PRODUCTS 19
- 4.1 MARKET DEFINITION 19
- 4.2 OVERALL MARKET SIZE 19
- 4.3 OVERALL MARKET PRODUCT MIX 20
- 4.3.1 Kitchen appliances 21
- 4.3.2 Kitchen Furniture, Worktops and Sinks 21
- 4.3.3 Bathroom Products 22
- 4.3.4 Shower Products 22
- 5. DISTRIBUTION SUPPLY CHAIN 24
- 5.1 SUPPLY CHAIN STRUCTURE FOR KITCHEN AND BATHROOM PRODUCTS 24
- 5.2 FIRST PHASE DISTRIBUTION - FROM MANUFACTURERS AND IMPORTERS 26
- 5.2.1 The Role of the Kitchen and Bathroom Distributor 26
- 5.2.2 Other Distribution Routes - Direct from Manufacturers and Importers 27
- 5.3 SECOND PHASE DISTRIBUTION 28
- 5.3.1 The Internet, Mail Order Distribution 28
- 5.3.2 Electrical Wholesalers and Electrical Independents 29
- 5.3.3 DIY, Retail Multiples and Independents 30
- 5.3.4 Builders and Plumbers' Merchants 31
- 5.3.5 Kitchen and Bathroom Retail Specialists 32
- 6. FOCUS ON THE KITCHEN AND BATHROOM DISTRIBUTORS 33
- 6.1 KITCHEN AND BATHROOM DISTRIBUTORS MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS 33
- 6.2 KITCHEN AND BATHROOM DISTRIBUTORS MARKET PROSPECTS 2018-2023 34
- 6.3 DISTRIBUTOR SHARE BY PRODUCT MARKET 35
- 6.4 CHARACTERISTICS OF KITCHEN AND BATHROOM DISTRIBUTORS 366.4.1 National and Regional Distributors 36
- 6.4.2 Profitability 36
- 6.4.3 Distributors' Customers 37
- 6.4.4 Distributors' Competitors 38
- 6.5 ANALYSIS OF DRIVERS AND INFLUENCES IN THE DISTRIBUTORS' MARKET 40
- 6.5.1 Distributor Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats 40
- 6.6 COMPANY PROFILES - KITCHEN AND BATHROOM DISTRIBUTORS 42
- 6.6.1 Market Shares 426.7 DISTRIBUTOR PROFILES 43
- 6.7.1 Leading Distributors 43
- 6.7.2 Other Distributors 45
- 7. DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE BY PRODUCT GROUP 50
- 7.1 PRODUCT GROUPS 50
- 7.2 DOMESTIC KITCHEN FURNITURE, WORKTOPS AND SINKS 51
- 7.2.1 Market Size and Trends 51
- 7.2.2 Market Trends 52
- 7.2.3 Product Trends 52
- 7.2.4 Suppliers 55
- 7.2.5 Distribution 57
- 7.3 KITCHEN APPLIANCES 58
- 7.3.1 Market Size and Trends 58
- 7.3.2 Market Trends 58
- 7.3.3 Product Trends 59
- 7.3.4 Suppliers 62
- 7.3.5 Distribution 62
- 7.4 BATHROOM PRODUCTS 63
- 7.4.1 Market Size and Trends 63
- 7.4.2 Market Trends 63
- 7.4.3 Product Trends 64
- 7.4.4 Suppliers 67
- 7.4.5 Distribution 69
- 7.5 SHOWER PRODUCTS 70
- 7.5.1 Market Size and Trends 70
- 7.5.2 Market Trends 71
- 7.5.3 Product Trends 72
- 7.5.4 Suppliers 72
- 7.5.5 Distribution 74
- Tables & Charts
- CHART 1: UK KITCHEN & BATHROOM DISTRIBUTOR MARKET BY VALUE 2014-2023 (£M DSP) 9
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2019 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 14
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2008-2023 15
- TABLE 4: AVERAGE WEEKLY EARNINGS DATA - GB - TOTAL PAY - 2014-2019 (SEASONALLY ADJUSTED) 16
- CHART 5: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2008-2023 17
- TABLE 6: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2015-2021 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 18
- CHART 7: UK MARKET FOR KITCHEN AND BATHROOM PRODUCTS 2014-2019 (£M DSP) 20
- TABLE 8: UK KITCHEN & BATHROOM PRODUCTS MARKET % PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE (APPLIANCES, KITCHEN FURNITURE, BATHROOM, SHOWER) 2018 21
- CHART 9: KITCHEN & BATHROOM INDUSTRY DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE AND VALUE BY KEY SECTOR 2018 (£M DSP) 24
- TABLE 10: UK KITCHEN & BATHROOM DISTRIBUTOR MARKET BY VALUE AND FORECASTS 2014-2023 (£M DSP) 33
- TABLE 11: DISTRIBUTOR % SHARE BY PRODUCT MARKET BY VALUE (FURNITURE, APPLIANCES, BATHROOM, SHOWER) 2018 35
- CHART 12: UK KITCHEN & BATHROOM DISTRIBUTORS % SALES MIX BY VALUE (REGIONAL AND NATIONAL) 2018 36
- TABLE 13: UK KITCHEN & BATHROOM DISTRIBUTORS' PROFITABILITY (PRE-TAX PROFIT) 2013-2018 37
- TABLE 14: UK KITCHEN & BATHROOM DISTRIBUTORS % SALES BY CHANNEL (SPECIALISTS, MERCHANTS, DIY/HOME IMPROVEMENT, OTHER RETAIL, ELECTRICAL RETAILERS) 2018 38
- TABLE 15: SWOT ANALYSIS OF THE KITCHEN & BATHROOM DISTRIBUTORS' MARKET 2018 41
- TABLE 16: UK KITCHEN & BATHROOM DISTRIBUTORS % MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2018 42
- TABLE 17: LEADING DISTRIBUTORS BY PRODUCT SECTOR (KITCHEN FURNITURE, APPLIANCES, BATHROOMS AND SHOWERS) 2018 42
- TABLE 18: DISTRIBUTOR SALES % SHARE BY PRODUCT (FURNITURE, APPLIANCES, BATHROOM, SHOWER) 2018 50
- TABLE 19: UK KITCHEN FURNITURE, WORKTOPS & SINKS MARKET BY VALUE 2013-2018 (£M DSP) 51
- CHART 20: UK KITCHEN FURNITURE, WORKTOPS & SINKS % PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE 2018 53
- TABLE 21: UK KITCHEN FURNITURE SUPPLIERS % MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2018 55
- TABLE 22: UK KITCHEN FURNITURE MARKET % CHANNEL SHARE BY VALUE (SPECIALISTS, MERCHANTS, DIY, FURNITURE MULTIPLES) 2018 57
- TABLE 23: UK KITCHEN APPLIANCE MARKET BY VALUE 2013-2018 (£M DSP) 58
- TABLE 24: UK KITCHEN APPLIANCE MARKET BY VALUE (COOKING, REFRIGERATION, DISHWASHING, LAUNDRY) 2018 (£M DSP) 60
- TABLE 25: UK BATHROOM PRODUCTS MARKET BY VALUE (BATHS, SANITARYWARE, TAPS/MIXERS, OTHER) 2013-2018 (£M DSP) 63
- CHART 26: UK KITCHEN FURNITURE, WORKTOPS & SINKS % PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE 2018 64
- TABLE 27: BATHROOM ACCESSORIES AND OTHER BATHROOM PRODUCTS (INCLUDING FURNITURE, WHIRLPOOLS AND INSTALLATION FRAMES) BY VALUE 2018 66
- TABLE 28: UK BATHROOM MARKET LEADING SUPPLIERS % SHARE BY VALUE 2018 68
- TABLE 29: END USER DISTRIBUTION OF BATHROOM PRODUCTS % SHARE BY VALUE (MERCHANTS, DIY, SPECIALISTS, INTERNET, OTHER) 2018 70
- TABLE 30: UK SHOWER EQUIPMENT MARKET (CONTROLS, ENCLOSURES/SCREENS/TRAYS, ACCESSORIES) 2013-2019 (£M DSP) 71
- TABLE 31: UK SHOWER MARKET LEADING SUPPLIERS % SHARE 2018 73
- TABLE 32: END USER DISTRIBUTION OF SHOWER PRODUCTS % SHARE BY VALUE (MERCHANTS, DIY, SPECIALISTS, INTERNET, OTHER) 2018 75
The 'Kitchen and Bathroom Distributors Market Report - UK 2019-2023' costs £895+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here.