Passive Fire Protection Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis
Published: 09/08/2016 / Number of Pages: 57 / Price: £745.00
Introduction and Overview
The 1st Edition of the 'Passive Fire Protection Market Report- UK 2016-2020 Analysis' contains analysis of the key passive fire protection products, recent market trends and future trends, along with supplier and distribution analysis. The passive fire protection market is comprised of fire resistant doors, fittings and intumescent seals, cables, partitions and suspended ceilings, glass, structural protection and ductwork and damper systems, with fire resistant doors, fitting and seals accounting for the largest sector of the market. This report contains original input and a detailed assessment of the market and represents excellent value for money to companies in the industry or considering entry.
Key content covered:
- Market overview - overall passive fire protection market size and forecasts 2011-2020, key market influences, fire safety and regulations etc.
- Product review - Fire Resistant Doors, Fittings & Seals; Ceilings & Partitions; Cables; Glass; Structural and Ductwork & Dampers.
- Key product trends, product mix and end-use applications.
- Main suppliers of passive fire protection equipment and distribution channels to the market.
Key areas of insight include:
- The development of the passive fire protection market in value terms and the key influences including new construction activity by sector, e.g. offices, education, healthcare, infrastructure and industrial.
- Higher levels of new construction and RMI in the commercial sector have boosted the market for passive fire protection products and systems over the last two years.
- The potential impact of Brexit on the construction sector and the prospects for the passive fire protection sector.
- The value of the individual product sectors in the passive fire protection market and the product mix within these sectors, along with product trends and innovation.
- Identifying the opportunities for the individual product sectors in the passive fire protection market and the key influences on these sectors, with forecasts to 2020.
- A review of the supply and distribution structure by key product sector including company profiles.
Some of the companies included:
Actionair, AEI Cables, Ahmarra Door Installations, Armstrong World Industries, Assa Abloy, Bradbury Group (Martin Roberts), British Gypsum, B.S.B. Engineering Services, Cape PLC, Cotswold Manufacturing, CW Fields & Son, Dixon International Group, Doncaster Cables, Dorma UK, Draka UK, Dufaylite Developments, Enfield Speciality Doors, Essex Safety Glass, Fire Protection Limited, Firestop Manufacturing, Gilgen Door Systems, Hargreaves, Knauf AMF Interiors, Knauf Insulation, Lorient UK, Mann McGowan Fabrications, Morgan Thermal Ceramics, Nexans, Nullifire, Pilkington Group, Premdor, Promat UK, Prysmian Cables & Systems, Pyroguard, Pyroplex, Rockfon, Rockwool, Royde & Tucker, Saint-Gobain Ecophon, SAS International, Schott UK, Tratos UK, Trox UK, Tyco Fire & Integrated Solutions (UK), UK Fire Doors, Ventcroft, Vetrotech, Vicaima UK.
Key areas of coverage in the report include:
- Historical background - influencing factors, legislation, economic influences etc.
- Market size by value - overview of the passive fire protection market, development from 2011-2016, with forecasts up to 2020.
- Review of key factors influencing recent growth rates, future prospects, potential in key end use applications etc. Performance of the commercial construction sectors in the 2011-2020 period.
- Overall product mix of passive fire protection products including fire resistant doors, fittings & seals; ceilings & partitions; cables; glass; structural and ductwork & dampers for 2015.
- Future Prospects - short term and longer term prospects up to 2020.
Passive Fire Protection Products
- Market size by value 2011-2020 - product analysis including fire resistant doors, fittings & seals; ceilings & partitions; cables; glass; structural and ductwork & dampers - market trends and growth prospects to 2020.
- Factors influencing market growth - non-domestic construction, regulations, reliance on the replacement sector, market maturity, Brexit.
- Fire door product mix - timber and steel doors by value 2015, key product trends, regulations and developments.
- Fire door fittings product mix - closers, handles, locks etc. by value 2015, key product trends and developments.
- Fire resistant glass product mix - by value 2015 - integrity / integrity & insulation.
- Market size by value 2016-2020 - product analysis, market trends, growth prospects to 2020 and the effect of the EU referendum on the economy in the short to medium term.
- Factors influencing market growth - construction and RMI expenditure, regulations, growth forecast in the industrial and commercial sectors in the short to medium term and economic uncertainty following Brexit etc.
- Construction output by sector to 2020 - with trends for key non-domestic sectors including education, offices, infrastructure etc. Construction output for the domestic sector, including the construction of apartments.
Distribution & Supply
- Review of major suppliers in all product sectors - major groups, leading companies, specialist suppliers. Company overview, key products, sectors and financial information.
- Review of distribution structure illustrating direct supply and key channels including major companies operating in each channel and supply routes for fire resistant glass, ceilings and partitions.
- Company overview and financials for key distributors including products and brands offered.
During the last two years the UK market for passive protection products has seen steady growth, in line with increased construction output. The market achieved value growth of 23% between 2013 and 2015, driven by high levels of construction and RMI activity in the education, offices, entertainment and industrial sectors. However, the market for passive fire protection systems is mature and therefore highly dependent on new construction activity, particularly in the key end use sectors of offices, education, healthcare and industrial, and forecasts indicate a more subdued performance in the short term, with lower levels of construction activity anticipated following the decision to leave the EU. Other key drivers, such as the regulatory aspects of the fire protection sector, are expected to remain unchanged in the short term.
The passive fire protection market is comprised of fire resistant doors, fittings and intumescent seals, cables, partitions and suspended ceilings, glass, structural protection and ductwork and damper systems. Fire resistant doors, fitting and seals represents the largest sector of the market, accounting for around 60% of total market value. It should be noted that our definition of the market is based on product values and excludes installation, service and rental income. Recent innovations include intumescent coatings with shortened drying times; electronic fire door closers that are linked to fire alarm systems; and more flexible fire stopping pipe collars that allow a greater range of applications compared to conventional collars.
Within the passive fire protection market, there are a number of vertically integrated manufacturers-installers operating across the fire and security sector for example. In addition, there are a number of manufacturers operating in a sector, e.g. suspended ceilings, offering fire resistance within their product range, while others are specialist manufacturers of passive fire protection products. Other key suppliers are large multi-national corporations with interests across a broad range of sectors and products. Distribution channels and routes to market vary depending on the type of fire protection product. Some manufacturers also install their own products, and specialist installers play a significant role, as specific fire-related expertise is often required to ensure passive fire protection will perform as expected in the event of a fire.
Underlying prospects for the fire protection market remain positive, though the short term growth is brought into question by the recent referendum and the likely resulting shock to the economy. That said, the medium term forecasts are more stable and growth in the market is anticipated at around 1-3% per annum until 2020. New office construction, a key market for fire protection products, is forecast to experience a moderate fall in the short term with delays in investment and expansion expected following the Brexit decision. This may impact on demand in a number of product sectors in the passive fire protection market including structural, suspended ceilings and partitions. Education is also a major sector for fire protection products such as structural, ceilings, doors and cabling. Public sector investment is the key driver for this sector, and the most recent Government Spending Review forecasts that the level of investment in new school building will increase significantly over the next few years. Capital building programmes in the higher education sector might also provide impetus to the market.
- List of Contents
- 1. INTRODUCTION 6
- 1.1 INTRODUCTION 6
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 6
- 2. SUMMARY & MARKET PROSPECTS 8
- 2.1 SUMMARY 8
- 2.2 MARKET PROSPECTS 9
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 11
- 3.1 GDP 11
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 13
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 14
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 14
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 15
- 3.6 STERLING 15
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE 16
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 16
- 4. PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEMS 18
- 4.1 MARKET BACKGROUND AND DEFINITION 18
- 4.2 MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS 19
- 4.3 MARKET PROSPECTS 20
- 4.4 KEY MARKET INFLUENCES 21
- 4.4.1 Non-Domestic Construction Market 21
- 4.4.2 House Building Completions 23
- 4.4.3 Mix of House Building Completions 24
- 4.5 FIRE SAFETY AND FIRE REGULATIONS 25
- 4.5.1 Fire Safety 25
- 4.5.2 Building Regulations 25
- 5. PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION PRODUCT MIX 27
- 5.1 OVERALL PRODUCT MIX 27
- 5.2 FIRE DOORS, FITTINGS & INTUMESCENT SEALS 28
- 5.2.1 Market Size and Performance 28
- 5.2.2 Timber and Steel Fire Doors 29
- 5.2.3 Fire Door Fittings and Closers 31
- 5.2.4 Intumescent Strips 33
- 5.3 FIRE RESISTANT CABLES 33
- 5.4 FIRE RESISTANT PARTITIONS / CEILINGS 35
- 5.5 FIRE RESISTANT GLASS 37
- 5.5.1 Market Prospects and Drivers 38
- 5.6 FIRE RESISTANT STRUCTURAL 40
- 5.7 DUCTWORK & DAMPER SYSTEMS 41
- 6. SUPPLY & DISTRIBUTION 43
- 6.1 FIRE DOORS, FITTINGS AND SEALS 43
- 6.2 FIRE RESISTANT CABLES 47
- 6.3 FIRE RESISTANT PARTITIONS / CEILINGS 49
- 6.4 FIRE RESISTANT GLASS 51
- 6.5 FIRE RESISTANT STRUCTURAL 53
- 6.6 DUCTWORK & DAMPER SYSTEMS 54
- 6.7 DISTRIBUTION 55
- Tables & Charts
- CHART 1 UK PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION PRODUCTS MARKET BY VALUE 2011-2020 £M MSP 8
- TABLE 2 GDP DATA - 2013-2016 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 12
- CHART 3 INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2020 13
- CHART 4 PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2020 14
- TABLE 5 EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2012-2018 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 16
- CHART 6 UK PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION PRODUCTS MARKET BY VALUE 2011-2020 £M MSP 19
- CHART 7 CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT (GREAT BRITAIN) NEW WORK & RMI - CURRENT PRICES (£BN) 2011 -2020 22
- CHART 8 HOUSING COMPLETIONS 2011 TO 2016 - UK ('000) 23
- CHART 9 HOUSEBUILDING COMPLETIONS IN ENGLAND - % MIX BY TYPE OF DWELLING (FLATS VERSUS HOUSES) 2005-2020 24
- CHART 10 UK PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION MARKET PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE £M MSP - 2015 27
- CHART 11 UK MARKET FOR FIRE DOORS, FITTINGS AND INTUMESCENT STRIPS 2011-2020 (£M MSP) 28
- CHART 12 PRODUCT SECTOR MIX (FIRE DOORS, FITTINGS, INTUMESCENT STRIPS/SEALS) - VALUE £M MSP (%) - 2015 29
- CHART 13 FIRE DOOR PRODUCT MIX- TIMBER / STEEL - VALUE £M MSP (%) - 2015 30
- CHART 14 FIRE DOOR FITTINGS PRODUCT MIX (CLOSERS, HANDLES, LOCKS ETC)- VALUE £M MSP (%) - 2015 32
- CHART 15 UK MARKET FOR FIRE RESISTANT CABLES 2011-2020 (£M MSP) 34
- CHART 16 UK MARKET FOR FIRE RATED SUSPENDED CEILINGS 2011-2020 (£M MSP) 36
- CHART 17 UK MARKET FOR FIRE RATED PARTITION SYSTEMS 2011-2020 (£M MSP) 37
- CHART 18 UK MARKET FOR FIRE RESISTANT GLASS 2011-2020 (£M MSP) 39
- CHART 19 FIRE RESISTANT GLASS PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE - INTEGRITY / INTEGRITY & INSULATION - VALUE £M MSP (%) - 2015 40
- CHART 20 UK MARKET FOR FIRE RESISTANT STRUCTURAL PRODUCTS 2011-2020 (£M MSP) 41
- CHART 21 UK MARKET FOR FIRE RESISTANT DUCTWORK & DAMPER SYSTEMS 2011-2020 (£M MSP) 42
- CHART 22 UK DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE FOR PARTITIONING SYSTEMS AND SUSPENDED CEILINGS 2015 56
- CHART 23 DISTRIBUTION CHAIN - FIRE RESISTANT GLASS - BUILDING PRODUCTS 2015 57
The 'Passive Fire Protection Market Report- UK 2016-2020 Analysis' costs £745+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here .