Passive Fire Protection Market Report - UK 2018-2022
Published: 28/08/2018 / Number of Pages: 62 / Price: £895.00
Introduction and Overview
The 2nd Edition of the 'Passive Fire Protection Market Report- UK 2018-2022' contains analysis of the key passive fire protection products, recent market trends and future prospects, along with supplier and distribution analysis. This report contains original input and a detailed assessment of the market and represents excellent value for money to companies in the industry or considering entry.
Key issues analysed:
- Overall passive fire protection market size - 2013-2022.
- Market size for fire resistant doors, fittings & seals; ceilings & partitions; cables; glass; structural and ductwork & dampers, product mix and key influences.
- Key product trends and end-use applications.
- Main suppliers and distribution channels to the market.
Key areas of insight include:
- The development of the passive fire protection market in value terms and the key influences, including new construction activity and capital expenditure in key end use sectors such as offices, education, healthcare, infrastructure and industrial, and regulatory developments.
- The impact of Brexit on the construction sector and the prospects for the passive fire protection sector.
- The value of the individual product sectors in the passive fire protection market and the product mix within these sectors, along with product trends and innovation.
- Identifying the opportunities for the individual product sectors in the passive fire protection market and the key influences on these sectors, with forecasts to 2022.
- A review of the supply and distribution structure by key product sector including company profiles.
Some of the companies included:
AEI Cables, AGC Glass UK, Ahmarra Door Solutions Limited, Armstrong World Industries, Assa Abloy, British Gypsum Limited, BSB Engineering Services, Cape Plc, City Electrical Factors Ltd, Cotswold Manufacturing Ltd, CW Fields & Son, Dixon International Group, Doncaster Cables, Dormakaba UK Ltd, Draka UK Ltd,mDufaylite Developments Ltd, Edmundson Electrical Ltd, Enfield Speciality Doors, Essex Safety Glass, Etex Building Performance Limited, Fire Protection Limited, Firetherm, Firestop Manufacturing Ltd, Gilgen Door Systems UK Ltd, Kew Electrical Distributors Ltd, Knauf AMF Ceilings Ltd, Knauf Insulation, Lorient Polyproducts Limited, Mann McGowan Fabrications Ltd, Morgan Advanced Materials, MW Hargreaves, Nexans, Nullifire, Pilkington United Kingdom Ltd, Premdor Crosby Limited, Prysmian Group Ltd, Pyroguard UK Ltd, Pyroplex Ltd, Rexel UK Limited, Rockwool Ltd, Royde & Tucker Limited, Saint-Gobain, Schott UK Ltd, Swegon Air Management Limited, Tratos UK Ltd, Tremco Illbruck Ltd, Trox UK Ltd, Tyco Fire & Integrated Solutions (UK) Ltd, UK Fire Doors, Ventcroft Ltd, Vicaima Ltd, YESSS Electrical.
- Historical background - influencing factors, legislation, economic influences etc.
- Market size by value - overview of passive fire protection market, development from 2013-2017, with forecasts to 2022.
- Review of key factors influencing recent growth rates, future prospects, potential in key end-use applications etc. Performance of the key commercial construction sectors in 2013-2022 period in particular.
- Overall product mix of passive fire protection products including fire resistant doors, fittings & seals; ceilings & partitions; cables; glass; structural and ductwork & dampers for 2017.
- Market prospects - short term and longer term prospects up to 2022.
PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION PRODUCTS
- Market size by value 2013-2022 - product analysis including fire resistant doors, fittings & seals; ceilings & partitions; cables; glass; structural and ductwork & dampers - market trends, product mix, growth prospects to 2022.
- Factors influencing market growth - Grenfell, Hackitt review, non-domestic construction, regulations, reliance on the replacement sector, market maturity, Brexit.
- Fire door product mix- timber and steel doors by value 2017, key product trends, regulations and developments.
- Fire door fittings product mix (closers, handles, locks etc.) by value 2017, key product trends and developments.
- Fire resistant glass product mix by value 2017 - integrity / integrity & insulation.
- Market size by value 2018-2022 - product analysis, market trends, growth prospects and the effect of the EU referendum on the economy in the short to medium term.
- Factors influencing market growth - Grenfell, Hackitt review, construction and RMI expenditure, regulations, economic uncertainty following Brexit etc.
- Construction output by sector to 2022, with trends for key non-domestic sectors including education, offices, infrastructure etc. Construction output for the domestic sector, including the construction of apartments and trends to 2022.
SUPPLY & DISTRIBUTION
- Review of major suppliers in all product sectors - major groups, leading companies, specialist suppliers. Company overview, key products, sectors and financial information.
- Review of distribution structure illustrating direct supply and key channels including major companies operating in each channel and supply routes for fire resistant glass, ceilings and partitions.
- Company overview and financials for key distributors.
The UK passive fire protection market is comprised of fire resistant doors, fittings and intumescent seals, cables, partitions and suspended ceilings, glass, structural protection and ductwork and damper systems. Fire resistant doors, fitting and seals are the largest sector of the market, accounting for around 60% of total market value.
The market is estimated to have grown by around 2% in 2017, in value terms, with similar growth expected in 2018. The forecasts indicate a subdued performance over the next 1-2 years, with lower levels of construction activity anticipated as investor confidence has fallen, in the lead up to Brexit. In addition, other key drivers, e.g. the regulatory aspects of the fire protection sector, are expected to remain unchanged in the short term.
The Hackitt Review into the Grenfell Tower disaster only covered high rise buildings and its final report made no recommendations for immediate change in the technical aspects of Building Regulations. That said, we anticipate that there will be implications for the wider industry, regulatory or otherwise, as manufacturers and specifiers alike seek to provide safer environments and as such, our forecasts assume that the passive fire market will perform better than the overall construction market over the 2-5 year period.
The overall market for passive fire protection products (within our definition) is dependent on the performance of key sectors of the economy such as offices, industrial, entertainment, health and education. Activity in these sectors has a significant impact on the growth of many of the passive fire protection products such as cable, glass, ceilings, partitions and doors. In addition, the infrastructure sector has a positive outlook and is a key area of demand for structural protection products.
- List of Contents
- 1. INTRODUCTION 6
- 1.1 INTRODUCTION 6
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 6
- 2. SUMMARY & MARKET PROSPECTS 8
- 2.1 SUMMARY 8
- 2.2 MARKET PROSPECTS 9
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 11
- 3.1 GDP 11
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 12
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 13
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 13
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 14
- 3.6 STERLING 15
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE 15
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 16
- 4. PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEMS 17
- 4.1 MARKET BACKGROUND AND DEFINITION 17
- 4.2 MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS 18
- 4.3 MARKET PROSPECTS 19
- 4.4 KEY MARKET INFLUENCES 21
- 4.4.1 Construction Market 21
- 4.4.2 Non-Residential Construction 22
- 4.4.3 Residential Construction 25
- 4.5 FIRE SAFETY AND FIRE REGULATIONS 27
- 4.5.1 Fire Safety 27
- 4.5.2 Building Regulations 29
- 5. PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION PRODUCT MIX 31
- 5.1 OVERALL PRODUCT MIX 31
- 5.2 FIRE DOORS, FITTINGS & INTUMESCENT SEALS 32
- 5.2.1 Market Size and Performance 32
- 5.2.2 Timber and Steel Fire Doors 33
- 5.2.3 Fire Door Fittings and Closers 35
- 5.2.4 Intumescent Strips 37
- 5.3 FIRE RESISTANT CABLES 37
- 5.4 FIRE RESISTANT PARTITIONS / CEILINGS 39
- 5.5 FIRE RESISTANT GLASS 42
- 5.5.1 Market Prospects and Drivers 43
- 5.6 FIRE RESISTANT STRUCTURAL 44
- 5.7 DUCTWORK & DAMPER SYSTEMS 45
- 6. SUPPLY & DISTRIBUTION 47
- 6.1 FIRE DOORS, FITTINGS AND SEALS 47
- 6.2 FIRE RESISTANT CABLES 51
- 6.3 FIRE RESISTANT PARTITIONS / CEILINGS 53
- 6.4 FIRE RESISTANT GLASS 56
- 6.5 FIRE RESISTANT STRUCTURAL 59
- 6.6 DUCTWORK & DAMPER SYSTEMS 61
- Tables & Charts
- CHART 1: UK PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION PRODUCTS MARKET BY VALUE 2013-2022 £M MSP 8
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2018 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 11
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2022 13
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2022 14
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2014-2020 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 15
- CHART 6: UK PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION PRODUCTS MARKET BY VALUE 2013-2022 £M MSP 18
- CHART 7: CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT (GREAT BRITAIN) NEW WORK & RMI - CURRENT PRICES (£BN) 2013 -2022 21
- CHART 8: NON-RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT (GREAT BRITAIN) NEW WORK & RMI CURRENT PRICES (£BN) 2013-2022 22
- CHART 9: NON-RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT NEW WORK ANALYSIS BY SECTOR % BY VALUE GB 2017 AND 2022 FORECAST 23
- CHART 10: RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT (GREAT BRITAIN) NEW WORK & RMI CURRENT PRICES (£BN) 2013-2022 26
- TABLE 11: GB HOUSE BUILDING STARTS AND COMPLETIONS (UK) 2013 TO 2022 - BY VOLUME '000 26
- TABLE 12: HOUSEBUILDING COMPLETIONS MIX BY TYPE (HOUSE & FLATS) AND BY NUMBER OF BEDROOMS IN ENGLAND 2011/12 TO 2016/17 - % OF DWELLINGS 27
- CHART 13: UK PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION MARKET PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE £M MSP - 2017 31
- CHART 14: UK MARKET FOR FIRE DOORS, FITTINGS AND INTUMESCENT STRIPS 2013-2022 (£M MSP) 32
- CHART 15: PRODUCT SECTOR MIX (FIRE DOORS, FITTINGS, INTUMESCENT STRIPS/SEALS) - VALUE £M MSP (%) - 2017 33
- CHART 16: FIRE DOOR PRODUCT MIX- TIMBER / STEEL - VALUE £M MSP (%) - 2017 34
- CHART 17: FIRE DOOR FITTINGS PRODUCT MIX (CLOSERS, HANDLES, LOCKS ETC)- VALUE £140M MSP (%) - 2017 36
- CHART 18: UK MARKET FOR FIRE RESISTANT CABLES 2013-2022 (£M MSP) 38
- CHART 19: UK MARKET FOR FIRE RATED SUSPENDED CEILINGS 2013-2022 (£M MSP) 40
- CHART 20: UK MARKET FOR FIRE RATED PARTITION SYSTEMS 2013-2022 (£M MSP) 41
- CHART 21: UK MARKET FOR FIRE RESISTANT GLASS 2013-2022 (£M MSP) 43
- CHART 22: FIRE RESISTANT GLASS PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE - INTEGRITY / INTEGRITY & INSULATION - VALUE £M MSP (%) - 2017 44
- CHART 23: UK MARKET FOR FIRE RESISTANT STRUCTURAL PRODUCTS 2013-2022 (£M MSP) 45
- CHART 24: UK MARKET FOR FIRE RESISTANT DUCTWORK & DAMPER SYSTEMS 2013-2022 (£M MSP) 46
- CHART 25: UK DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE FOR PARTITIONING SYSTEMS AND SUSPENDED CEILINGS 2017 56
- CHART 26: DISTRIBUTION CHAIN - FIRE RESISTANT GLASS - BUILDING PRODUCTS 2017 59
The 'Passive Fire Protection Market Report- UK 2018-2022' costs £895+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here .