Prefabricated Plant Rooms Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis
Published: 23/10/2015 / Number of Pages: 70 / Price: £895.00
Introduction and Overview
AMA Research has published the 2nd edition of the 'Prefabricated Plant Rooms Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis', which focuses on providing a comprehensive and up to date review of the structure of the market for prefabricated plant rooms in 2015. This unique report provides both qualitative and quantitative analysis of the prefabricated plant rooms sector and represents an invaluable guide to sales and marketing professionals involved with plant rooms or associated industries.
Key areas covered:
- Market overview - market size, characteristics, key trends and forecasts to 2019.
- Supplier review - supply structure, manufacturer company profiles, financial data, ownership, characteristics, key sectors etc.
- Key market trends and influences - construction market performance, HVAC and M&E installation market performance, ErP and other energy efficiency measures, health & safety regulations etc.
- Procurement - design, specification, contract pricing etc..
- Prefabricated plant rooms by end use sector - health & education, leisure & agriculture, retail, domestic, industrial etc.
Key areas of insight include:
- Review of the leading pre-fabricated plant room manufacturers, turnover and profit data, characteristics, ownership etc.
- Key trends and influences impacting the market.
- Review of development of Modern Methods of Construction and offsite construction in the UK.
- Market size by end use sector and review of construction market and important trends in key end use sectors.
- Analysis of the HVAC and M&E contracting sectors, as well as an overview of the wider construction market.
- Detailed market data and insight on the prefabricated plant rooms market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
Arthur McKay & Company, Bradgate Containers, Castle Building Services, Constant Air Systems (CAS), Crown House Technologies, Eco Link, EIC, Ellison AC, FES, Fulton Boiler Works, Integrated Plant Room Technologies (IPT), Lorne Stewart, MITIE, MDSL, Balfour Beatty, Neville Tucker Heating, NG Bailey, Nuergy, Ormandy Group, Packaged Plant Solutions (PPS), Pak Plant, Powerplus Engineering, Red Giant Energy, SES PRISM, Skanska Fabrications, Space Engineering Services, SPIE Matthew Hall, T Clarke, Turnbull and Scott, Vaughan Group, VtV Solutions, Waites Mechanical Services (WMS), Weatherite Manufacturing.
Key areas covered in the report include:
Prefabricated Plant Rooms Market
- Total prefabricated Plant Room market size and trends - analysis of size by value, historical trends and market characteristics.
- Future prospects and forecasts of market performance to 2019 and key influencing factors likely to drive or constrain growth over this period.
- Advantages of Prefabrication within this sector, impact of the skills shortages, greater use of 'flying factories' etc.
Key End Use Sectors
- Mix of end users of prefabricated plant rooms by value in each main sector.
- Key market drivers, influences and future prospects.
- Important issues in each main end-user market.
- Review of key sectors: health & education, leisure & agriculture, retail, domestic, industrial etc.
- Analysis of supply within the M&E installation market.
- Issues such as design & specification, M&E contractors and sub-contractors, contract pricing structures, strategies and trends.
- Leading companies - specialists and general M&E contractors.
- Company profiles of companies which prefabricate plant rooms - turnover and profit data, characteristics, ownership, key sectors and capabilities.
Key Market Trends and Influences
- Review of the performance of the construction industry.
- Analysis of HVAC and M&E Markets with forecasts, these are key factors driving the prefabricated plant rooms market.
- Outline of Modern Methods of Construction.
The prefabricated plant rooms market is a developing sector and as such, has seen significant growth in recent years. However, the sector's performance is highly dependent on the performance of both the wider Manufacturing industry, the Mechanical and Engineering sector (M&E) market and the Construction industry. 2013 and 2014 saw improved economic performance and continuing growth in key end use construction markets. This resulted in improved consumer and business confidence which showed through in the prefabricated plant room market.
Prefabrication within the plant room market remains a growing concept with low penetration across many end use sectors, offering potential for continued high levels of growth. Some sectors, such as retail and leisure, have embraced this type of technology but there remains an ever widening number of end user markets into which this technology is being placed. The underlying trend towards increasing levels of off-site manufacturing for the perceived cost and health and safety benefits has continued to support the market.
Health and education represent the largest end use sectors, accounting for 34% of the market by value, with projects in this sector likely to be both complex and high value. Leisure also accounts for a significant share, followed by the retail and domestic end use markets. Industrial sectors such as manufacturing and warehousing represent a further 5% with the remaining market made up of other sectors such as corporate offices, other public sector and agriculture. Leisure and agriculture markets are expected to continue producing opportunities for prefabricated plant rooms over the next few years, with hotels anticipated to exhibit good growth. However, as earlier adopters of this type of technology, penetration in these areas is higher, limiting growth to some extent.
The focus on energy efficiency should continue to benefit the market. Energy management is a key concern with increasing legislation and higher energy costs. The ability to build efficiency into M&E designs from an earlier stage should aid this sector. The number of new entrants continues to grow in this market, but there are still relatively few manufacturers currently active in the UK. The lack of maturity in the prefabricated plant room market means it is likely to continue to experience strong growth rates over the next few years. The upturn in both construction output and the M & E industry, also suggests that strong growth should continue in this market.
- List of Contents
- 1. INTRODUCTION 6
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 6
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 6
- 2. SUMMARY & FUTURE PROSPECTS 8
- 2.1 SUMMARY 8
- 2.2 FUTURE PROSPECTS 9
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 11
- 3.1 GDP 11
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 12
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 13
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 14
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 14
- 3.6 STERLING 15
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE 16
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 16
- 4. PREFABRICATED PLANT ROOMS MARKET 18
- 4.1 MARKET DEFINITION 18
- 4.2 MARKET SIZE & TRENDS - PREFABRICATED PLANT ROOMS 18
- 4.3 FUTURE PROSPECTS - PREFABRICATED PLANT ROOMS 22
- 4.4 KEY MARKET INFLUENCES 23
- 4.4.1 Construction Output 23
- 4.4.2 M&E and HVAC Markets 25
- 4.4.3 Modern Methods of Construction 28
- 5. END USERS 30
- 5.1 END USER MIX 30
- 5.2 HEALTH AND EDUCATION 31
- 5.2.1 Healthcare 33
- 5.2.2 Education 38
- 5.3 LEISURE 41
- 5.4 RETAIL 46
- 5.5 DOMESTIC 48
- 5.6 INDUSTRIAL 52
- 5.7 OTHER 58
- 6. SUPPLIERS 61
- 6.1 SUPPLY STRUCTURE 61
- 6.2 COMPANY PROFILES 63
- Tables & Charts
- CHART 1 UK PREFABRICATED PLANT ROOM MARKET AT INSTALLED PRICES 2009-2019 8
- TABLE 2 GDP DATA - 2012-2015 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 11
- CHART 3 INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2019 13
- CHART 4 PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2019 14
- TABLE 5 EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2010-2016 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 16
- TABLE 6 UK PREFABRICATED PLANT ROOM MARKET (£M INSTALLED PRICES) 2009 - 2019 20
- CHART 7 CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT (GREAT BRITAIN) NEW WORK & RMI - CURRENT PRICES (£BN) 2009 -2019 23
- CHART 8 CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK BY END-USE SECTOR BY VALUE 2014 24
- CHART 9 THE HEATING AND VENTILATION MARKET 2009 TO 2019 - BY VALUE - £MILLION AT MERCHANT SELLING PRICES 26
- CHART 10 PRODUCT MIX HEATING AND VENTILATION PRODUCTS 2014 - % BY VALUE 28
- CHART 11 MIX OF END USE MARKETS OF PREFABRICATED PLANT ROOMS BY VALUE 2014 30
- TABLE 12 CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT 2007 - 2014 (£M CURRENT PRICES) - PRIVATE & PUBLIC HEALTH AND EDUCATION 32
- TABLE 13 SIZE OF NHS ESTATE BY FUNCTION (M SQ. M.) 2011-14 (GIFA, OCCUPIED/UNUSED, BACKLOG MAINTENANCE ETC) 33
- CHART 14 PRIVATE ACUTE HEALTHCARE MARKET SIZE - % BY SECTOR (ACUTE HOSPITALS, NHS COMMISSIONING, MENTAL HEALTH - (£BN) 2013-14 36
- TABLE 15 CONTRACTORS FORMING PART OF THE DFE CONTRACTORS FRAMEWORK 39
- TABLE 16 PSBP PUBLICLY FUNDED BATCHES 40
- TABLE 17 PSBP PRIVATELY FINANCED BATCHES PF2 41
- CHART 18 KEY LEISURE SECTORS - NUMBER OF ENTERPRISES (2008 - 2013) 42
- TABLE 19 UK HOTEL SECTOR - NUMBER OF HOTELS AND GUESTHOUSES (10 OR MORE BEDROOMS) AS AT JUNE 2015 43
- TABLE 20 TOP UK RESTAURANT OPERATORS - 2015 44
- CHART 21 NUMBER OF UK RETAIL BUSINESSES 2009-2014 46
- TABLE 22 UK RETAIL VALUE SALES EXCL. AUTOMOTIVE & FUEL - NOT SEASONALLY ADJUSTED - 2009-2014 (£BN) 47
- CHART 23 HOUSEBUILDING COMPLETIONS - % MIX BY HOUSES / FLATS ENGLAND 2004-2015 49
- CHART 24 WATER & SEWERAGE SECTOR CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT (GB) 2009 TO 2019 - BY VALUE (£M AT CURRENT PRICES) 54
- CHART 25 VALUE AND FORECASTS OF MANUFACTURING CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT 2009-2019 (£MILLION) 56
- CHART 26 VALUE AND FORECASTS OF WAREHOUSING CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT 2009-2019 (£ MILLION) 57
- CHART 27 LONDON OFFICE MARKET - OFFICE TAKE UP (MILLION SQ. FT) 59
- CHART 28 BREAKDOWN OF M&E CONTRACTOR'S CONTRACT PRICE (% BY VALUE) - 2015 62
- TABLE 29 LEADING SPECIALIST AND NON-SPECIALIST SUPPLIERS 2014 63
The 'Prefabricated Plant Rooms Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis' costs £895+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here .