Prefabricated Volumetric Building Systems Market Report - UK 2018-2022
Published: 29/03/2018 / Number of Pages: 62 / Price: £845.00
Introduction and Overview
The 8th edition of the 'Prefabricated Volumetric Building Systems Market Report - UK 2018-2022' incorporates original input and primary research, and represents an up-to-date and informed review of this changing and complex market.
Key issues analysed in the report
- Market size & structure - market value, trends, forecasts for future growth, key influencing factors etc.
- Product mix - site accommodation products, volumetric building systems.
- Key end use sectors - analysis of end user sectors, with a focus on site accommodation & event hire, education, housing, healthcare, retail, park homes and hotels.
- Major suppliers - market share, market position, relative end user strengths and profiles.
Areas of particular interest
- Forecasts of the performance of the market for volumetric buildings systems & portable accommodation 2018-2022.
- Review of performance of key end use markets including; site accommodation student accommodation, housing education, hotels, park homes etc.
- Focus on market potential of the offsite housing sector.
- Review of public sector offsite construction procurement frameworks.
- Review of major suppliers with market shares for the larger companies.
- Detailed market data and insight on the prefabricated volumetric building systems market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
Actavo Building Solutions, A-Plant, Boyton-BRJ Systems, Caledonian Modular, Carter Accommodation, Clark's Modular Buildings, Cotaplan, Danzer, Darwin Group, Derbybeech, Eagle Plant, Elite Building Systems, Elliott Hire, Extraspace Industries, Extraspace Solutions, Foremans Relocatable Systems, Garic, Genquip Groundhog UK, Ideal Building Systems, Integra Buildings, Konstructa Hire, Liberty Group, L Lynch, Maccom Hire, McAvoy Group, Mobile Mini UK, MPH Building Systems, MTX Contracts, Nixon Hire, PKL, Portable Offices, Portakabin Group, Premier Modular, Rollalong, Sibcas, Springfield Mobile, The Elliott Group, The Wernick Group, Thurston Building Systems, Vision Modular Systems UK, Wernick Hire, Western Building Systems.
- Total market size by value at manufacturers sales prices for volumetric building systems and portable accommodation 2012-2017 with forecasts 2018 -2022.
- Key influencing factors driving or impacting market growth - general levels of construction activity, housing demand, public sector procurement frameworks for offsite construction, Building Information Modelling, skills shortages, sustainability factors.
- Product mix - analysis by product type - portable accommodation, permanent buildings and semi-permanent buildings.
- End use application mix - construction & industrial sites, education, healthcare, housing, hotels, retail, student & keyworker accommodation, other (incl. permanent offices, custodial).
Key End Use Sectors
- Portable accommodation and sanitation units - construction sites, event hire & infrastructure sites. Estimated sector values at hire prices & key trends. Overview of major hire firms.
- Education - overview of schools and university sectors, identification of key market divers and recent developments. Identification of leading manufacturers supplying the sector.
- Housing - overview of public & private sectors, identification of key market divers and recent developments. Identification of leading manufacturers supplying the sector.
- Healthcare - sector overview, identification of key market divers and recent developments. Identification of leading manufacturers supplying the sector.
- Student accommodation - sector overview, identification of key market divers and recent developments. Identification of leading manufacturers supplying the sector. focus on purpose built and the supply chain e.g. UPP, Unite etc.
- Hotels - sector overview, identification of key market divers and recent developments. Focus on budget sector. Identification of leading manufacturers supplying the sector.
- Retail - sector overview, identification of key market divers and recent developments. Focus on convenience /forecourt stores. Identification of leading manufacturers supplying the sector.
- Park Homes - sector overview, identification of key market divers and recent developments. Identification of leading manufacturers supplying the sector e.g. Stately-Albion, Omar Homes etc.
- Industry structure, Key players, recent market entrants, supply chain, geographical distribution. Overall market shares.
- Profiles of major manufacturers - recent changes, sector strengths, turnovers.
- Overview of the hire sector and leading hire companies.
The UK market for volumetric modular buildings and portable accommodation returned to growth in 2017 following a dip in market value in 2016. The market comprises manufacturers and suppliers offering factory-made, fully assembled 3-dimensional modules, although some manufacturers offer panellised options. Products are broadly split between permanent and semi-permanent buildings, on the one hand, which are usually constructed from two or more modules, and temporary or portable accommodation.
Since the start of the recovery in the construction industry in 2013, demand for volumetric construction has improved, in part due to increased demand for site accommodation on major infrastructure projects e.g. the Crossrail and Thameslink railway construction programmes, plus recovery in other sectors such as offices and education.
Over the next few years to 2022, there are several factors that could well underpin steady growth in the sector, probably over and above that forecast for the overall construction industry. These include an increasing number of public sector procurement frameworks several of which are specific to offsite construction, and an increasing use of Building Information Modelling (BIM). More importantly there is now a strong likelihood of an increase in the use of volumetric and other types of offsite construction methods to help meet the chronic housing shortage and cope with the lack of traditional construction skills within the construction industry.
List of Contents
- 1. INTRODUCTION 6
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 6
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 6
- 2. SUMMARY 7
- 2.1 SUMMARY 7
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 9
- 3.1 GDP 9
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 10
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 11
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 12
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 12
- 3.6 STERLING 13
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE 13
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 14
- 4. THE MARKET 15
- 4.1 MARKET DEFINITION 15
- 4.2 MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS 15
- 4.3 KEY MARKET FACTORS 18
- 4.3.1 Construction Activity Levels 18
- 4.3.2 Public Sector Procurement Frameworks 23
- 4.3.3 Building Information Modelling 24
- 4.3.4 Shortages in Traditional Construction Skills 25
- 4.3.5 Perceptions of Costs and Risks 26
- 4.3.6 Quality Assurance 26
- 4.3.7 Sustainability Issues 27
- 4.3.8 Demand for housing 28
- 5. END USE SECTORS 30
- 5.1 DEFINITION 30
- 5.2 PRODUCT MIX OVERVIEW 31
- 5.3 APPLICATION MIX OVERVIEW 31
- 5.4 TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION AND SANITATION UNITS 32
- 5.4.1 Construction site accommodation 32
- 5.4.2 Event Hire 33
- 5.4.3 Hire companies 34
- 5.5 EDUCATION 35
- 5.6 HOUSING 37
- 5.7 STUDENT ACCOMMODATION 41
- 5.8 HEALTHCARE 45
- 5.9 HOTELS 47
- 5.10 RETAIL OUTLETS 49
- 5.11 PARK HOMES 51
- 5.12 END USER SECTOR MARKET MIX FORECASTS 52
- 6. SUPPLY 54
- 6.1 INDUSTRY STRUCTURE 54
- 6.1.1 Supply 54
- 6.1.2 Geographical location 54
- 6.2 MARKET SHARES 55
- 6.3 SUPPLY CHAIN 56
- 6.4 SUPPLIER PROFILES 57
- 6.4.1 Manufacturers 57
- 6.4.2 Hire and leasing 61
Tables of Charts
- CHART 1: UK MARKET FOR VOLUMETRIC MODULAR BUILDINGS AND TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION £M 2012 -2022 7
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2017 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 9
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2022 11
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2022 12
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2014-2020 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 13
- TABLE 6: UK MARKET FOR VOLUMETRIC MODULAR BUILDING SYSTEMS AND TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION (£M MSP) 2012-2017 AND FORECASTS 2018-2022 16
- TABLE 7: TOTAL CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012-2021 18
- CHART 8: CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK BY END-USE SECTOR BY VALUE 2017 19
- CHART 9: UK MARKET FOR VOLUMETRIC BUILDING SYSTEMS AND TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION BY VALUE 2016/17 31
- CHART 10: UK MARKET FOR VOLUMETRIC BUILDING SYSTEMS AND TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION BY APPLICATION BY VALUE (MSP) 32
- TABLE 11: CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT GROWTH - TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE (ROADS, RAILWAYS, PORTS & AIRPORTS) £M 2014 - 2021 33
- CHART 12: UK EVENTS MARKET BY MAIN APPLICATIONS (WELFARE UNITS, TOILETS & SHOWERS, MARKETING SUITES, TICKET BOOTHS, ETC.) BY VALUE 34
- CHART 13: EDUCATION CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT AND FORECASTS - BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 2021 -2021 35
- CHART 14: TYPES OF STUDENT ACCOMMODATION IN THE UK - APPROXIMATE SHARE BY TYPE 2016-17 42
- TABLE 15: MARKET SHARES OF LEADING COMMERCIAL OPERATORS OF STUDENT ACCOMMODATION BY BED SPACE NUMBERS 2015-16 43
- CHART 16: ESTIMATED NUMBER OF NEW STUDENT BED SPACES BUILT PER YEAR 2013-2022 44
- CHART 17: HEALTHCARE CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021 46
- CHART 18: UK BUDGET HOTEL SECTOR CUMULATIVE GROWTH IN TOTAL ROOM NUMBERS 1995 - 2016 48
- TABLE 19: BUDGET HOTEL SECTOR: TOTAL SUPPLY 2005, 2010, 2014 AND 2016 (EST) - BY NUMBER OF HOTELS AND ROOMS AND AVERAGE NUMBER OF ROOMS PER HOTEL 48
- TABLE 20: UK BRAND BUDGET HOTEL SECTOR MARKET SHARES BY NUMBER OF BEDROOMS 49
- CHART 21: RETAIL CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT (GB) BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021 50
- CHART 22: UK PARK HOMES MARKET BY NUMBER OF UNITS 2009-2016 52
- CHART 23: FORECAST MIX OF SALES OF VOLUMETRIC BUILDING SYSTEMS & TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION TO MAJOR END USER SECTORS BY VALUE 2022 53
- CHART 24: REGIONAL STRUCTURE OF UK MODULAR & TEMPORARY BUILDINGS MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY - % MIX BY OUTPUT VOLUME/CAPACITY 56
- TABLE 25: KEY SUPPLIERS SHARES OF THE PREFABRICATED VOLUMETRIC BUILDINGS MARKET - BY VALUE 2016-2017 57
The 'Prefabricated Volumetric Buildings Market Report Market Report - UK 2018-2022' costs £845+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here .