Residential Doors Market Report - UK 2018-2022
Published: 01/10/2018 / Number of Pages: 74 / Price: £895.00
Introduction and Overview
The 5th Edition of the 'Residential Doors Market Report - UK 2018-2022' contains analysis of the key residential doors products, recent market trends and future prospects, along with supplier and distribution analysis. This report contains original input and a detailed assessment of the market and represents excellent value for money to companies in the industry or considering entry.
Key sections covered:
- Overall residential doors market size - 2013-2022.
- Market size for entrance doors, patio doors and internal doors, product mix and key influences.
- Analysis of products by frame materials - eg Timber, Aluminium, PVCu and Composites.
- Analysis of key end-use sectors - private new build, social housing new build, private sector home improvement and social housing replacement.
- Review of supply and distribution structure - recent corporate activity and prospects for the future.
Key areas of insight include:
- The development of the residential doors market in value terms and the key influences, including new construction activity.
- Material usage trends in key product sectors - market mixes by volume and value, continued growth of bi-fold doors and composites.
- Supply and distribution structure in the door manufacturing industry including PVCu systems and fabricators, joinery manufacturers, aluminium systems, composite door manufacturers and retail glazing companies.
- Forecasts of market performance to 2022.
- Detailed market data and insight on the residential doors market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
3D Aluminium Ltd, Allan Brothers Ltd, Aluk GB, Aluprof UK Ltd, Arden Windows Ltd, Benlowe Group Ltd, Bereco Ltd, Birtley Group, Camden Group Ltd, CDW Systems Ltd, Clear View, Deceuninck, Dempsey Dyer Ltd, Distinction Doors, Door Stop International Ltd, Doorco Limited, Duration Windows Ltd, Epwin Group, Eurocell Plc, GAP Blackburn, GBW Panels Ltd, George Barnsdale & Sons Ltd, Hallmark Group Products, Howden Joinery, Hurst Plastics Ltd, Hydro Building Systems UK Ltd, Ian Firth Hardware Ltd, IG Doors Ltd, Ikon Aluminium Systems Ltd, Jeld-Wen UK Ltd, Kawneer UK Ltd, Kloeber UK Ltd, Magnet Group Ltd, Masco UK Window Group Ltd, Metal Technology Ltd, New World Developments, Origin Frames Ltd, Parkside Group Ltd, Pendle Doors Ltd, Performance Timber Products Group, Premdor Crosby Limited, Profine UK Ltd, Rehau, Reynaers Limited, Russell Timber Technology, Sarah Jane Creative, Schueco UK Ltd, Scotts of Thrapston Ltd, Sekura Trade Frames Ltd, Senior Architectural Systems Ltd, Sidey Solutions, Smart Systems Ltd, Solidor Ltd, Synseal Group, System Building Products, Veka UK Group, Velux, Vista Panels Ltd, Distinction Doors, Howarth Windows & Doors Ltd, Anglian Home Improvements Group Ltd, Everest Ltd, Entu Plc, Safestyle UK plc, CR Smith Ltd, LPD Doors, XL Joinery Ltd, Todd Doors Ltd, JB Kind Ltd, Sliders UK Ltd.
- Overall residential doors market size and market mix by value 2013-2022 - market volumes 2013-2022, overall product mix, materials mix and role of international trade, key general trends and underlying market drivers and forecasts of future trends to 2022.
- Overview of new build/home improvement markets - share by sector, recent trends and market prospects.
- Overview of private/public sector - share by sectors, trends and market prospects.
- Key influencing factors - housebuilding volumes and forecasts up to 2022, housing RMI overview and forecasts with regional analysis for RMI.
- Overall product mix - entrance doors, patio doors and internal doors - share by value 2017-18 and changes in recent years.
Residential Door Products
- Analysis of residential entrance doors sector by value and volume 2013-2022 - focus on both newbuild and replacement markets, share mix by frame material (PVCu, Composite, Aluminium, Timber) and end-user sector. Details of key market drivers and future prospects, growth of composites etc.
- Analysis of patio door sector by value 2013-2022. Focus on both newbuild and replacement markets 2013-2018, share mix by frame material and end-user sector (new build/replacement). Growth of bifold doors, future prospects etc.
- Analysis of internal door market by volume and value. Estimates by new build and replacement, private and social 2017. Details of key market drivers and future prospects.
- Overall trends in window and door markets - key product sectors, private and public sector trends - future prospects up to 2022.
Supply and Distribution
- Analysis of door supply channels - retail glazing companies, PVC-U systems fabricators, aluminium systems fabricators, timber door manufacturers and specialist suppliers, (e.g. composite door manufacturers).
- Review of key suppliers - major players, product specialists etc, changes in supply structure.
- Key distribution channels for residential doors - variations between materials and end use sectors.
- Market prospects in 2018-22 - key drivers in door & window market and longer term prospects. Key growth sectors.
- Overall trends in glazing industry - materials, sectors etc.
- Impact of changes on market structures.
The market for residential doors is relatively mature, reliant on a combination of new housebuilding and home improvement sectors and stimulated by the development of new materials and technical applications for doors. The experience in 2013-18 has been for significant growth in demand driven by continued large-scale increases in house completions and RMI with home improvements boosted by growth in consumer spending.
The residential doors sector continues to experience a range of new developments that help sustain demand growth. In addition to composite and bi-fold doors developments include the addition of a wider range of colours for timber and PVCu doors, texturizing and cassette glazing options, large glass patio doors and engineered timber doors.
Value growth has occurred through increased use of a broader range of higher value products and by legislation and standards requiring improved security, thermal and fire performance ratings. The improved market conditions over this period along with inflation has meant that door suppliers have implemented price increases, although somewhat tempered by increased competition.
The internal door market has expanded following significant decline in 2007-10 and has benefited from a number of trends including increased glazing choices, complete doorsets and more factory finished/semi-finished products. The entrance door sector improved steadily with indications of continued growth for 2018 underpinned by rise in the new housing market and continued steady demand in RMI, mainly from the private sector.
The experience of the patio doors sector in 2013-17 has been for steady underlying value growth from sales of higher value products and increased volumes of patio/French doors and balcony/Juliet balcony doors in the new build sector. In addition, the wider adoption of bi-folds in the new build and replacement sectors has also buoyed the market.
Current forecasts indicate steady but modest growth into the medium-term but with annual rates of growth gradually reducing with Brexit uncertainties affecting house investment growth and consumer spending and its likely impact of the door market. Factors likely to have a positive impact on volume and value growth include housebuilding completions, the house moving market, trend for higher value replacements, continued steady RMI work including home improvements.
List of Report Contents
- Contents Listing
- 1. INTRODUCTION 7
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 7
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 7
- 2. SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS 9
- 2.1 SUMMARY 9
- 2.2 MARKET PROSPECTS 10
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 12
- 3.1 GDP 123.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 13
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 14
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 14
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 15
- 3.6 STERLING 16
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE 16
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 17
- 4. MARKET FOR RESIDENTIAL DOORS 18
- 4.1 DEFINITION 18
- 4.2 MARKET SIZE 18
- 4.2.1 Market Value 18
- 4.2.2 Market Volume 19
- 4.2.3 Current Situation 20
- 4.2.4 Market Prospects 21
- 4.3 PRODUCT MIX 22
- 4.4 MIX BY APPLICATION 23
- 4.5 MIX BY MATERIAL 24
- 4.5.1 Overall Market for Doors and Windows 24
- 4.5.2 Role of International Trade 25
- 4.5.3 Trends in Materials Usage for Residential Doors 27
- 4.6 KEY MARKET INFLUENCES 29
- 4.6.1 Housebuilding Overview and Forecasts 29
- 4.6.2 Mix of Housebuilding Types 32
- 4.6.3 Housing RMI - Overview and Forecasts 34
- 4.6.4 House Moving Market 36
- 4.6.5 Legislation and Standards 37
- 5. PRODUCT SECTORS 39
- 5.1 OVERVIEW 39
- 5.2 INTERNAL DOORS 39
- 5.2.1 Market Size 39
- 5.2.2 Mix by End-Use Sector 40
- 5.2.3 Material Mix 42
- 5.2.4 Market Prospects 42
- 5.3 ENTRANCE DOORS 43
- 5.3.1 Market Size 43
- 5.3.2 Mix by End Use Sector 44
- 5.3.3 Materials Mix 45
- 5.3.4 Market Prospects 46
- 5.4 PATIO DOORS 47
- 5.4.1 Market Size 47
- 5.4.2 Mix by End-Use Sector 49
- 5.4.3 Mix by Material 50
- 5.4.4 Market Prospects 51
- 6. SUPPLIERS 53
- 6.1 OVERVIEW 53
- 6.2 COMPOSITE DOORS 53
- 6.2.1 Corporate Activity 54
- 6.2.2 Key Suppliers 54
- 6.3 TIMBER DOORS 56
- 6.3.1 Corporate Activity 56
- 6.3.2 Leading Suppliers 56
- 6.3.3 Solid Wood Doors 58
- 6.4 PVCU DOORS 59
- 6.4.1 Corporate Activity 59
- 6.4.2 Leading Suppliers 59
- 6.5 ALUMINIUM 61
- 6.5.1 Corporate Activity 61
- 6.5.2 Leading Suppliers 61
- 7. DISTRIBUTION 64
- 7.1 OVERVIEW OF DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE 64
- 7.2 DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE BY FRAME MATERIAL 65
- 7.2.1 PVCu 65
- 7.2.2 Aluminium 66
- 7.2.3 Timber 68
- 7.2.4 Composites/Internal Doors 69
- 7.3 KEY DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS 70
- 7.3.1 Retail/Direct Sell Window and Door Companies 70
- 7.3.2 Specialist Door Distributors 72
- 7.3.3 Builders/Timber Merchants 72
- 7.3.4 DIY Multiples 73
- 7.3.5 Catalogue Stores/Trade Counters, Internet, etc 74
- Tables & Charts
- TABLE 1: UK MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS FOR RESIDENTIAL DOORS 2013 TO 2022 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP) 9
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2018 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 12
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2022 14
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2022 15
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2014-2020 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 16
- CHART 6: UK MARKET FOR RESIDENTIAL DOORS 2013 TO 2022 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP) 19
- CHART 7: UK MARKET FOR RESIDENTIAL DOORS 2013 TO 2022 - BY VOLUME (000'S) 20
- CHART 8: UK RESIDENTIAL DOORS MARKET SHARE BY TYPE (INTERNAL, ENTRANCE AND PATIO DOORS) 2018 - % BY VALUE 23
- CHART 9: UK MARKET FOR RESIDENTIAL DOORS APPLICATION MIX 2015 & 2018 - % BY VALUE 24
- TABLE 10: UK MARKET FOR DOORS AND WINDOWS BY MATERIAL (TIMBER, PVCU AND ALUMINIUM) 2013 TO 2017 - BY VALUE (£M MSP) 25
- CHART 11: UK INTERNATIONAL TRADE IN DOORS AND WINDOWS IMPORTS BY PRODUCT TYPE (TIMBER, PVCU AND ALUMINIUM) 2013 TO 2017 - BY VALUE (£M) 26
- CHART 12: UK INTERNATIONAL TRADE IN DOORS AND WINDOWS EXPORTS BY PRODUCT TYPE (TIMBER, PVCU AND ALUMINIUM) 2013 TO 2017 - BY VALUE (£M) 27
- TABLE 13: RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT (GB) NEW BUILD AND RMI 2013 - 2022 - BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 30
- CHART 14: NEW HOUSING STARTS AND COMPLETIONS (GB) 2013 TO 2022 - BY VOLUME (DWELLINGS) 31
- CHART 15: HOUSEBUILDING COMPLETIONS IN ENGLAND BY MIX OF HOUSES/FLATS FINANCIAL YEARS 2010/11 TO 2017/18 - % VOLUME 32
- CHART 16: ENGLAND FLATS CONSTRUCTION VS FLATS CONVERSIONS 2011/12 TO 2016/17 33
- TABLE 17: HOUSEBUILDING IN ENGLAND: PERMANENT DWELLINGS COMPLETED (HOUSES AND FLATS) 2011/12 TO 2017/18 - % BY NUMBER OF BEDROOMS 34
- CHART 18: RMI HOUSING OUTPUT AND FORECASTS 2013 - 2022 - BY VALUE (£M AT CURRENT PRICES) 35
- TABLE 19: HOUSING RMI REGIONAL ANALYSIS (GB) 2015 TO 2017 - BY VALUE (£M) AND % BY REGION 36
- TABLE 20: NUMBER OF RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS UK 2013 TO 2017 (NOT SEASONALLY ADJUSTED) - BY VOLUME ('000) 36
- CHART 21: UK MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS FOR RESIDENTIAL INTERNAL DOORS 2013 TO 2022 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP) 39
- CHART 22: UK MARKET FOR RESIDENTIAL INTERNAL DOORS BY END USE SECTOR (NEW BUILD & REPLACEMENT, PUBLIC & PRIVATE SECTORS) 2017-18 - % BY VALUE 40
- TABLE 23: UK MARKET FOR RESIDENTIAL INTERNAL DOORS CHANGES IN END USE SECTOR MIX 2007, 2015 AND 2018 - % BY VALUE 41
- CHART 24: UK MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS FOR RESIDENTIAL ENTRANCE DOORS 2013 TO 2022 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP) 43
- CHART 25: RESIDENTIAL ENTRANCE DOORS MARKET MIX BY END-USE SECTOR (NEW BUILD/REPLACEMENT, PRIVATE/SOCIAL) 2017-18 - % BY VALUE 44
- CHART 26: UK ENTRANCE DOORS MARKET MIX BY MATERIAL (PVCU, COMPOSITE, TIMBER, OTHER) 2017-18 - % BY VOLUME 45
- CHART 27: UK MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS FOR PATIO DOORS 2013 TO 2022 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP) 48
- CHART 28: UK MARKET FOR RESIDENTIAL PATIO DOORS BY END USE SECTOR (NEW BUILD AND HOME IMPROVEMENT) 2017-18- % BY VOLUME 49
- CHART 29: UK MARKET FOR RESIDENTIAL PATIO DOORS END USE MIX (NEW BUILD AND HOME IMPROVEMENT) 2013-18 - % BY VOLUME 50
- CHART 30: UK MARKET FOR REPLACEMENT RESIDENTIAL PATIO DOORS MIX BY FRAME MATERIAL 1986, 2014,2016 & 2018 - % BY VALUE 51
- CHART 31: DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE - PVCU DOORS 65
- CHART 32: DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE - ALUMINIUM DOORS 67
- CHART 33: DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE - TIMBER DOORS 69
The 'Residential Doors Market Report - UK 2018-2022' costs £895+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here.