Underfloor Heating Market Report - UK 2018-2022
Published: 12/03/2018 / Number of Pages: 83 / Price: £895.00
Introduction and Overview
The 9th edition of the 'Underfloor Heating Market Report - UK 2018-2022' reviews the market for underfloor heating (UFH), which is one of the fastest-growing sectors within the UK market for heating systems and is finding increasing favour in both domestic and non-domestic applications. The report focuses on market size and trends, regulatory developments, product mix, industry supply, distribution and market prospects.
Key content covered:
- Underfloor heating market - size, structure, key trends and market prospects.
- Product sector review - product sector mix, water-based and electric UFH systems, UFH controls, etc.
- End-user applications - housebuilding, domestic RMI, self-build/custom-build housing, commercial applications, public sector applications, e.g. health and education.
- Supply and distribution - main suppliers and key distribution channels.
- Market forecasts - overall UFH market and for key product sectors.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Key market trends - market developments, key drivers influencing water-based and electric systems.
- Construction activity - new build housing, refurbishment activity, non-domestic output, etc.
- Influence of non-domestic sectors - in particular, the healthcare and education sectors.
- Supply chain review - analysis of key players, as well as leading distribution sectors.
- Market forecasts to 2022 - analysis of the key factors affecting future industry direction.
- Detailed market data and insight on the underfloor heating market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
AHT Advanced Heating Technologies, Allbrite UK, Ambient Electrical, Brugg Pipe Systems UK, C&F Holdings, Continental Underfloor, Danfoss Ltd, Domoteck, Ebeco, Elektra, Emmeti UK, Ezewarm UK, Flexel International, Floor Heating Systems, Flowcrete UK, Gaia Climate Solutions, Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation, Giacomini UK, Heat Mat, Heatstore, Honeywell, Indeco, Intatec, Invisible Heat, JG Speedfit, Jupiter UK, KLIMA, Levante, Living Heat Ltd, LK Systems AB, Maincor, Mathewson Underfloor Heating Solutions, Myson, Nu-Heat UK, Omnie by Timoleon, Pedarson, Pentair Technical Solutions UK Ltd, Philex, Pipelife Ireland Limited (QPL), Polypipe, Raychem, Rayotec, Rehau, Rettig UK, Robbens Systems, Uheat, Underfloor Heating Store, Uponor, Thermo-Floor UK, Thermogroup, Timeguard, Vent Axia Group, Vysal, Vogel & Noot, Warm The Sole, Warmafloor, Warmup, Watts Industries UK, Wavin UK, Worcester Bosch Group and more.
The Underfloor Heating Market
- Underfloor heating market - analysis by value from 2013-2017, with forecasts to 2022, key characteristics of this market. Impact of the economy and construction on the structure of the market - market trends and major factors influencing market development.
- Market development - Overall heating market, share taken by underfloor heating, growth of the market, influence of renewables, floorcoverings, design trends etc., development across the end-use sectors.
- Growing awareness and influence of other drivers such as floorcoverings, interior design, building methods etc., and how these may influence the market in the short to medium term.
- Product mix - breakdown of the product mix by sector, split by water-based and electric UFH systems by end-use application (domestic and non-domestic).
- Supply and distribution - key channels, supplier review and assessment of the contractor sector.
- Review of key distribution channels, distribution to end users and contractors, domestic and non-domestic distribution by major product group, strengths & weaknesses including direct, builders and plumbers' merchants, heating specialists, electrical wholesalers, DIY multiples, online retailers etc.
End Use Applications
- Market mix by application - private housing, social housing, custom-build/self-build housing, non-domestic applications.
- Analysis of housing market - new build, domestic RMI, mix of completions, house moving activity, etc.
- Custom-build housing - market size and trends, regulatory developments, prospects.
- Other applications, e.g. domestic conservatories - market size and trends, prospects.
- Non-domestic applications - healthcare and education sectors, other non-domestic uses - key trends, issues and prospects..
Key Underfloor Heating Products
- Analysis of key product sectors - product mix for 2013-2017 and forecasts up to 2022.
- Electric underfloor heating - cable systems, heating mats, heating foil systems.
- Water-based underfloor heating - key components, retrofit varieties.
- Underfloor heating controls - thermostats, manifolds, actuators, 'smart' controls, etc.
- Key channels - DIY multiples, builders' merchants, heating specialists, online retailers, etc.
- Company profiles - financial performance, merger and acquisition activity, recent new product innovations, etc.Identification of key manufacturers for electric and water-based systems.
The underfloor heating (UFH) market is broadly classified into two product types; water-based - or hydronic - UFH systems and electric UFH systems. Some projects may involve a mix of both types of systems, often known as a hybrid solution. The sector represents one of the fastest growing within the UK market for heating systems, although it still accounts for less than 7% of overall value. Much of this growth in demand has been driven by environmental concerns and legislation, greater awareness, along with higher levels of construction and RMI activity in the domestic sector.
The domestic UFH sector, which includes new build installations, the self-build market and RMI / DIY retrofit projects in residential homes, accounts for the largest share of the market. However, usage of UFH also remains relatively strong in the non-domestic sector - increasingly, uptake is spreading beyond health and education to include areas such as care homes, industrial/warehousing, entertainment/leisure and commercial offices. The market prospects appear favourable despite the current uncertainty caused by Brexit, with underlying growth within the renewable energy sector likely to benefit sales of UFH systems.
- List of Contents
- 1. INTRODUCTION 7
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 7
- 2. SUMMARY & MARKET PROSPECTS 9
- 2.1 SUMMARY 9
- 2.2 KEY TRENDS 10
- 2.3 MARKET PROSPECTS 11
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 13
- 3.1 GDP 13
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 14
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 15
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 16
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 16
- 3.6 STERLING 17
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE 17
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 18
- 4. UK MARKET FOR UNDERFLOOR HEATING 19
- 4.1 DEFINITION 19
- 4.2 UK HEATING MARKET 19
- 4.3 UNDERFLOOR HEATING MARKET 21
- 4.3.1 Market Size 21
- 4.3.2 Market Prospects 22
- 4.4 END USE SECTORS 24
- 4.4.1 Domestic UFH 24
- 4.4.2 Non-Domestic UFH 25
- 4.5 KEY MARKET INFLUENCES 26
- 4.5.1 Floorcoverings Market 26
- 4.5.2 Renewable Energy Technologies 28
- 4.5.3 Energy Efficiency Grants & Incentives 29
- 4.5.4 New Building Methods 29
- 4.5.5 Interior Design 31
- 4.6 STANDARDS AND REGULATIONS 31
- 5. END USE MARKET APPLICATIONS 35
- 5.1 APPLICATION MIX 35
- 5.2 RESIDENTIAL MARKET 36
- 5.2.1 Overview 36
- 5.2.2 Refurbishment Activity 38
- 5.2.3 Custom Build 40
- 5.2.4 Housebuilding 41
- 5.5 NON-RESIDENTIAL APPLICATIONS 44
- 5.5.1 Sector Overview 46
- 5.5.2 Key Applications 48
- 5.5.3 Other Applications 49
- 6. PRODUCTS 52
- 6.1 PRODUCT MIX 52
- 6.2 BENEFITS AND LIMITATIONS OF UFH 54
- 6.3 TYPES OF FLOOR CONSTRUCTION 56
- 6.4 ELECTRIC UFH 57
- 6.4.1 Cable Systems 57
- 6.4.2 Heating Mat / Heating Foil Systems 58
- 6.5 WATER-BASED UFH 59
- 6.6 UFH CONTROLS 60
- 7. SUPPLIERS 63
- 7.1 SUPPLY OVERVIEW 63
- 7.2 KEY COMPANY PROFILES 64
- 7.3 OTHER SUPPLIERS 67
- 7.4 UNDERFLOOR HEATING CONTRACTORS 71
- 8. DISTRIBUTION 75
- 8.1 DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE OF UFH 75
- 8.1.1 Domestic 75
- 8.1.2 Non-Domestic 76
- 8.2 KEY COMPANIES 77
- 8.2.1 Merchants 77
- 8.2.2 Distributors 79
- 8.2.3 Electrical Wholesalers 79
- 8.2.4 DIY Multiples 80
- 8.2.5 Online Retailers 80
- 8.2.6 Tile Specialists 82
- Tables & Charts
- CHART 1: UK UNDERFLOOR HEATING MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2013-2022 9
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2017 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 13
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2022 15
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2022 16
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2014-2020 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 17
- TABLE 6: OVERALL UK HEATING MARKET 2013-2022 (£M MSP) 20
- TABLE 7: UK UNDERFLOOR HEATING MARKET (£M MSP) 2013-2022 22
- CHART 8: UK UNDERFLOOR HEATING MARKET % MIX BY APPLICATION 2017 (NON-DOMESTIC, PRIVATE HOUSING, SELF-BUILD, SOCIAL) 35
- TABLE 9: VALUE OF GB NEW HOUSING OUTPUT AND RMI OUTPUT (£M) 2013-2017 36
- TABLE 10: UK RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS VALUED AT £40K OR ABOVE, 2013-2022 37
- TABLE 11: NUMBER OF HOUSEHOLDER DEVELOPMENTS GRANTED IN GREAT BRITAIN 2012-2021 39
- TABLE 12: UK DOMESTIC CONSERVATORIES MARKET 2013-2018 (000S) 40
- TABLE 13: HOUSE BUILDING STARTS AND COMPLETIONS (UK) 2013 TO 2022 - BY VOLUME 42
- CHART 14: HOUSEBUILDING COMPLETIONS IN ENGLAND - % MIX BY TYPE OF DWELLING (FLATS VERSUS HOUSES) 2005-2021 43
- CHART 15: NON-RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT (GREAT BRITAIN) NEW WORK & RMI CURRENT PRICES (£BN) 2012-2021 46
- CHART 16: NON-RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT NEW WORK ANALYSIS BY SECTOR 2017 AND 2021 - % BY VALUE GB 47
- CHART 17: UK UNDERFLOOR HEATING MARKET % PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE BY END USE SECTOR 2017 (WATER/ELECTRIC) 52
- CHART 18: % MIX OF DOMESTIC AND NON-DOMESTIC ELECTRIC AND WATER-BASED SYSTEMS 2017 AND 2022 53
- TABLE 19: UNDERFLOOR HEATING MARKET SUPPLIERS % MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2017 63
- CHART 20: UK PLUMBING, HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING CONTRACTORS REGISTERED FOR VAT/PAYE BY TURNOVER BAND 2016 72
- TABLE 21: DISTRIBUTION OF UFH PRODUCTS TO END USERS 2017 75
- TABLE 22: DOMESTIC DISTRIBUTION OF UFH PRODUCTS BY CHANNEL 2017 76
The 'Underfloor Heating Market Report - UK 2018-2022' costs £895+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here .