Ventilation and Air Conditioning Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis
Published: 05/06/2015 / Number of Pages: 87 / Price: £745.00
Introduction and Overview
The 3rd edition of the report 'Ventilation and Air Conditioning Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis' incorporates original input and primary research, the report represents an informed and up-to-date and detailed review of the ventilation and air conditioning market and offers excellent value for money.
Key areas covered:
- Ventilation: non-domestic systems (axial, centrifugal, and other fans, commercial system, demand control ventilation, MVE, MVHR etc.).
- Ventilation: domestic systems (intermittent extract fans, continuous mechanical ventilation systems MVE, MVHR etc).
- Air conditioning: packaged systems (split systems, cassettes, VRF, portables, self-contained, close control etc.)
- Air conditioning: central station systems (AHUs, chillers, condensers, cooling towers, terminal units - fan coil units, chilled beams/ceilings, VAV units etc.)
- Accessories: Ducting, filters, natural ventilators, grilles, diffusers, registers, dampers, other products including chimneys, flues, valves, cowls etc.
Key areas of insight include:
- Growing awareness about the importance of Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) with revisions to the Building Regulations resulting in the greater air tightness of buildings.
- Impact of increasing legislation - ErP Directive, Part F, Part L, ODS Regulation, Fire and Smoke, F-Gas, Code for Sustainable Homes, SAP etc
- Introduction of a number of Government initiatives providing underlying, long term market motivation - The Green Deal, roll-out of smart meters, the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme, Enhanced Capital Allowance, RHI etc.
- Impact of the recovering UK economy on domestic housebuilding and non-domestic construction sectors. Areas of potential future market opportunity for VAC suppliers.
- Considerable replacement opportunities in existing buildings; there are still a large number of buildings with inadequate or inefficient VAC systems.
- Product innovation and technological developments - variable speed drives, multiple scroll compressors, EC motors, free cooling, demand control ventilation, VRF, continuous mechanical ventilation systems, heat recovery, etc.
Some of the companies included:
Air Creation, Airedale International Air Conditioning, Calorex Heat Pumps, Climate Center, Colt International, Coolair Equipment, Daikin Industries, Dalair, De'Longhi, Dunham Bush, Eaton-Williams Group, EBM-Papst UK, Elta Fans, Emerson Climate Technologies, Energy Technique, Envirovent, Flakt Woods, Fresh AB, Fujitsu General UK, GEA Heat Exchangers, Greenwood Air Management, Heatrea Sadia, Heronhill Air Conditioning, Hitachi, Howden Group, Johnson and Starley, Johnson Controls, LG Electronics UK, Manrose Manufacturing, Mansfield Pollard, Mitsubishi, Nuaire, Panasonic, Polypipe, Redring Xpelair Group, Sabiana, Samsung, Schroff, Swegon, Systemair Group, TEV, Titon, Torin-Sifan, Toshiba Carrier UK, Trane UK, Trox UK, Vent-Axia, VES Andover, Vortice, Weatherite Manufacturing, Ziehl-Abegg UK.
Key areas covered in the report include:
The UK Ventilation Market
- Overall market size, trends and forecasts - legislative changes (Part F, Part L, SAP, New Housing Standards), environmental concerns (ECO, Green Deal, Smart Meters, CRC, RHI). ErP Directive (2015, 2018) etc. Market mix (non-domestic, domestic).
- Forecasts through to 2019.
- Non-domestic ventilation - product mix (axial fans, centrifugal fans, other fans/systems). Analysis by product group - axial fans (bifurcated, tunnel, variable pitch, plate mounted propeller, contra rotating, jet thrust etc.), centrifugal fans, cross-flow (tangential), roof extract, desk, box and ceiling, Atex compliant, flue dilution etc. Commercial system ventilation including demand control ventilation, also MVHR and MVE systems.
- Domestic ventilation - product mix (intermittent extract fans, continuous mechanical ventilation systems). Analysis by product group - intermittent extract fans (market size, developments, influences, application mix etc.), continuous mechanical ventilation systems (MVE, MVHR, and PIV), product mix, market size, new build trends etc.)
- Major manufacturers - market shares, factors influencing market position, characteristics, turnover etc.
- Review of distribution non-domestic ventilation, domestic ventilation - key channels and developments.
- Future prospects in all product sectors.
The UK Air Conditioning Market
- Total market size, trends, key market influences and forecasts to 2019.
- Market size, mix and structure by product group - packaged and central station systems.
- Packaged Air Conditioning (PAC) - product mix (split systems, portables, self-contained, close control). Analysis by product group, development of VRF systems, key influences, trends etc.
- Central Station Air Conditioning Plant (CSACP) - product mix (AHU's, chillers/condensers, terminal units - fan coil units, chilled beams / ceilings, VAV units). Analysis by product group, trends, influences, innovations etc.
- Leading manufacturers - market shares, characteristics, turnover etc.
- Review of distribution by product group - key channels and developments.
The Accessories Market
- Accessories market size, key driving factors, future prospects.
- Ventilation and air conditioning accessories - product mix (ducting, filters, grilles/diffusers/registers, dampers, natural ventilators - trickle, louvers, acoustic, PSV etc., other accessories - chimneys, flues valves, cowls etc. key influences and trends, major suppliers etc.
- Review of distribution - key channels and developments.
- Future prospects - Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Accessories - with forecasts through to 2019.
- Key future influences - trends in housebuilding and non-domestic construction, RMI activity, fuel prices, energy efficiency legislation, renewable technologies plus climatic factors.
The UK ventilation and air conditioning market is significant, and the core product sectors of the market are ventilation, air conditioning and accessories. Between 2010 and 2012, the UK ventilation and air conditioning market was relatively static in line with the uncertain economic situation at this time. However, since 2013 the market has stabilised, with demand picking up as the economy recovers.
The majority of domestic ventilation products are distributed via merchants, DIY multiples and electrical wholesalers. Other channels include the internet, specialist heating and ventilation retailers, hardware stores, department stores, grocery multiples and catalogues. Non-domestic ventilation products are commonly distributed direct to the contractor or end-user but are also sold via the trade distributors. Packaged air conditioning systems tend to be sold either direct to contractors or via trade distributors, though products are also available from non-specialist retail outlets, the internet and the DIY Multiples. Central station air conditioning systems are generally distributed direct to contractors, while the remainder is accounted for by direct sales to other customers including the utilities and public sector applications.
The future performance of the UK ventilation and air conditioning market is likely to be influenced by overall trends in housebuilding and non-domestic construction, RMI activity, fuel prices, energy efficiency legislation, renewable technologies, levels of personal disposable income, plus climatic factors and air temperatures. More specifically, initiatives include The ErP Directive for ventilation fans, the European Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) Regulation, the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme which targets emissions from large public and private sector organisations, EU Fire Legislation and general concerns relating to fire and smoke precautions and The Green Deal. Enhanced levels of market penetration are also likely to arise from product innovation and technological developments that will lead to an overall increase in system efficiencies. For example, variable speed drives, multiple scroll compressors, EC motors, heat recovery and demand control ventilation.
The current forecast is based on steady growth in the economy and on business and consumer confidence levels. By 2019 it is estimated that the UK ventilation and air conditioning market will have increased by around 10% when compared to the estimated market size in 2015. In overall terms, the UK ventilation and air conditioning market exhibits the characteristics of an increasingly mature market with manufacturers developing brand and product differentiation and niche specific sectors in order to secure competitive advantage. The relatively wide range of end use sectors and specialist applications for UK ventilation and air conditioning products represents a supporting factor in terms of the long term market development.
- List of Contents
- 1. INTRODUCTION 6
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 6
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 6
- 2. SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS 8
- 2.1 OVERALL MARKET 8
- 2.2 KEY TRENDS 9
- 2.3 FUTURE PROSPECTS 10
- 3. CONSTRUCTION AND ECONOMIC INFLUENCES 12
- 3.1 GDP 12
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 13
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 14
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 15
- 3.5 STERLING 16
- 3.6 POPULATION PROFILE 16
- 3.7 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 17
- 3.7.1 Non-domestic Construction 17
- 3.7.2 House Building Completions 20
- 3.7.3 Mix of Housebuilding Completions 21
- 3.7.4 House Moving Levels 22
- 3.7.5 House Prices 23
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 23
- 4. VENTILATION 25
- 4.1 MARKET DEFINITION 25
- 4.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 25
- 4.2.1 Market Size by Value 2010 - 2019 25
- 4.2.2 Market Background 26
- 4.2.3 Future Prospects 27
- 4.2.4 Legislative Changes (Part F, Part L, Housing Standards) 28
- 4.2.5 Environmental Initiatives (ECO, Green Deal, Smart Meters, CRC, RHI) 30
- 4.2.6 ErP Directive (2015, 2018) 32
- 4.3 PRODUCT TRENDS 33
- 4.3.1 Product Mix (Commercial & Residential Ventilation) 33
- 4.3.2 Commercial & Industrial Ventilation (Axial, Centrifugal, Other, MVE, MVHR, Demand Control) 34
- 4.3.3 Residential Ventilation (Intermittent Extract Fans, MVE, MVHR, PIV) 38
- 4.4 COMPANIES AND SHARES 47
- 4.4.1 Shares 47
- 4.4.2 Key Companies 47
- 4.4.3 Other Suppliers 50
- 4.5 DISTRIBUTION 53
- 4.5.1 Non-Domestic Ventilation 53
- 4.5.2 Residential Ventilation 54
- 5. AIR CONDITIONING 56
- 5.1 DEFINITION 56
- 5.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 56
- 5.2.1 Market Size by Value 2010 - 2019 56
- 5.2.2 Market Background 57
- 5.2.3 Future Prospects 57
- 5.3 PRODUCT TRENDS 59
- 5.3.1 Product Mix 59
- 5.3.2 Packaged Air Conditioning Systems (PAC) 60
- 5.3.3 Central Station Air Conditioning Plant (CSACP) 64
- 5.4 SUPPLIERS 69
- 5.4.1 Market Shares - Packaged Air Conditioning (PAC) 69
- 5.4.2 Market Shares - Central Station Air Conditioning Plant (CSACP) 70
- 5.4.3 Key Companies 70
- 5.4.4 Other Suppliers 73
- 5.5 DISTRIBUTION 76
- 5.5.1 Packaged Air Conditioning (PAC) 76
- 5.5.2 Central Station Air Conditioning Plant (CSACP) 78
- 6. VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING ACCESSORIES 79
- 6.1 MARKET OVERVIEW 79
- 6.1.1 Definition 79
- 6.1.2 Market Size 2010 - 2019 79
- 6.1.3 Market Background 79
- 6.1.4 Future Prospects 80
- 6.2 PRODUCT TRENDS 81
- 6.2.1 Product Mix 81
- 6.2.2 Ducting and Fabricated Parts 82
- 6.2.3 Filters 83
- 6.2.4 Natural Ventilators 83
- 6.2.5 Grilles, Diffusers and Registers 84
- 6.2.6 Fire, Smoke and Air Control Dampers 84
- 6.2.7 Other Products (Chimneys, Flues, Valves, Cowls) 85
- 6.3 DISTRIBUTION 85
- Tables & Charts
- CHART 1 UK VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2010-2019 8
- TABLE 2 GDP DATA - 2012-2015 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 12
- CHART 3 INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2019 14
- CHART 4 PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2019 15
- TABLE 5 EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2009-2015 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 16
- TABLE 6 NON DOMESTIC CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT FIGURES 2010-2019 (£BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 17
- CHART 7 CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT NEW WORK BY APPLICATION SECTOR 2010-2019 (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 18
- CHART 8 INDUSTRIAL CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT 2010-2018 BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 20
- TABLE 9 HOUSE BUILDING COMPLETIONS 2009-2019 - GREAT BRITAIN (000'S DWELLINGS) 21
- CHART 10 HOUSEBUILDING COMPLETIONS IN ENGLAND - % MIX BY TYPE OF DWELLING 2001-2014 22
- TABLE 11 UK RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS VALUED AT £40K OR ABOVE 2010-2014 23
- TABLE 12 UK VENTILATION MARKET (£M MSP) 2010 - 2019 26
- CHART 13 OVERALL MARKET MIX BY PRODUCT TYPE (COMMERCIAL, RESIDENTIAL) BY VALUE 2014 34
- CHART 14 NON-DOMESTIC MARKET MIX BY PRODUCT TYPE (AXIAL FANS, CENTRIFUGAL FANS, OTHER) BY VALUE 2014 35
- CHART 15 RESIDENTIAL MARKET MIX BY PRODUCT TYPE (INTERMITTENT EXTRACT FANS, CONTINUOUS MECHANICAL VENTILATION) BY VALUE 2014 39
- CHART 16 INTERMITTENT EXTRACT FANS MARKET MIX BY TYPE OF INSTALLATION (RMI, NEW HOUSING) - BY VOLUME 2014 41
- CHART 17 RESIDENTIAL CONTINUOUS MECHANICAL VENTILATION MIX BY PRODUCT TYPE (MEV, MVHR, PIV) BY VOLUME 2014 43
- CHART 18 RESIDENTIAL CONTINUOUS MECHANICAL VENTILATION MARKET MIX BY TYPE OF INSTALLATION (RMI, NEW HOUSING) - BY VOLUME 2014 46
- TABLE 19 VENTILATION SUPPLIERS % MARKET SHARE - BY VALUE 2014 47
- CHART 20 NON-DOMESTIC MARKET DISTRIBUTION BY CHANNEL (DIRECT, DISTRIBUTOR) BY VALUE 2014 54
- TABLE 21 RESIDENTIAL MARKET DISTRIBUTION BY CHANNEL (MERCHANTS, DIY MULTIPLES, ELECTRICAL WHOLESALERS, OTHER) BY VALUE 2014 55
- TABLE 22 UK AIR CONDITIONING MARKET (£M MSP) 2010 - 2019 56
- CHART 23 AIR CONDITIONING MARKET MIX (PAC, CENTRAL STATION) BY VALUE 2014 59
- CHART 24 AIR CONDITIONING MARKET MIX BY VALUE 1994, 2014 60
- TABLE 25 UK PACKAGED AIR CONDITIONING MARKET (£M MSP) 2010-2019 61
- CHART 26 PAC MARKET MIX (SPLIT SYSTEMS, PORTABLES, SELF-CONTAINED, CLOSE CONTROL) BY VALUE 2014 62
- TABLE 27 UK CENTRAL STATION AIR CONDITIONING MARKET (£M MSP) 2010-2019 65
- CHART 28 CENTRAL STATION MARKET MIX (CHILLERS, AIR HANDLING UNITS, TERMINAL UNITS) BY VALUE 2014 66
- TABLE 29 PAC SYSTEM SUPPLIERS % MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2014 69
- TABLE 30 CENTRAL STATION SYSTEM SUPPLIERS % MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2014 70
- CHART 31 PAC MARKET DISTRIBUTION BY CHANNEL (DIRECT, DISTRIBUTOR, OTHER) BY VALUE 2014 76
- TABLE 32 UK VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING ACCESSORIES MARKET (£M MSP) 2010 - 2019 79
- CHART 33 UK VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING ACCESSORIES MARKET (£M MSP) 2010-2019 81
- TABLE 34 VAC ACCESSORIES MARKET MIX BY PRODUCT TYPE BY VALUE 2014 81
The 'Ventilation and Air Conditioning Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis' costs £745+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here .