Ventilation and Air Conditioning Market Report - UK 2019-2023
Published: 08/04/2019 / Number of Pages: 77 / Price: £895.00
Introduction and Overview
The 5th Edition of the 'Ventilation and Air Conditioning Market Report- UK 2019-2023' report contains analysis of the key ventilation and air conditioning products, recent market trends and future prospects, along with supplier and distribution analysis. This report contains original input and a detailed assessment of the market and represents excellent value for money to companies in the industry or considering entry.
Key issues covered in the report:
- Ventilation: Non-domestic systems - axial, centrifugal, and other fans, commercial system, demand control ventilation, MVE, MVHR. Domestic systems - intermittent and continuous extract fans, continuous mechanical ventilation systems - MVE, MVHR.
- Air Conditioning: Packaged systems - split systems, cassettes, VRF systems, portables, self-contained, close control. Central station systems - AHUs, chillers, condensers, cooling towers, terminal units - fan coil units, chilled beams/ceilings, VAV units.
- Accessories - Ducting, filters, natural ventilators, grilles, diffusers, registers, dampers, other products including chimneys, flues, valves, cowls.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Growing awareness about the importance of Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) with revisions to the Building Regulations resulting in the greater air tightness of buildings.
- Impact of Brexit process on residential house building and non-domestic construction sectors. Areas of potential opportunity for VAC suppliers.
- Increasing regulatory legislation - ErP Directive, Part F, Part L, ODS Regulation, EPBD Directive, Fire and Smoke, F-Gas.
- Government initiatives providing long term market motivation - implementation of smart meters, Enhanced Capital Allowance Scheme, MEES, ESOS, RHI.
- Replacement opportunities in existing buildings, including upgrades and retrofitting systems with smart technology.
- Product innovation and technological developments - variable speed drives, multiple scroll compressors, EC motors, free cooling, DCV, VRF systems, smart controls, heat recovery systems etc.
Some of the Companies Included:
Airflow Developments, Airtech Environmental Systems, Breathing Buildings, Daikin Air Conditioning UK, Diffusion, Domus Ventilation, EBM-Papst UK, EnviroVent, Ferrob Ventilation, Fläktgroup UK, Fujitsu General Air Conditioning UK, Greenwood AirVac, Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning Europe, Manrose, Mitsubishi Electric Air Conditioning Systems Europe, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air Conditioning Europe, National Ventilation, Nuaire, OEM (Torin-Sifan), Systemai, TE, Torin-Sifan, Toshiba Air Conditioning, Trane UK, Trox UK, Vent-Axia, Ventilair Group, Ventilation Group, Volution Group, Xpelair, etc.
Ventilation & Air Conditioning Market Overview
- Market size, trends and forecasts, product sector mix - ventilation, air conditioning and accessories.
- Non-domestic construction influences - new work and RMI output and forecasts. Sector influences and prospects - industrial, offices, retail, education, health, entertainment/leisure and hotels.
- Residential housing trends - new build completions, mix by type of dwelling, house moving, high-rise development pipeline, self build homes.
- Environmental legislation and energy initiatives - residential (Part F, Part L, SAP, Clean Growth, Eco Scheme, RHI, smart meters), non-domestic (ODS, F-Gas, ECA, CRC, EPBD, MEES, ESOS), ErP Directive.
- The Internet of Things - impact on VAC system technology, trends and developments, smart home controls, smart building management systems, sensor data, zoned systems, replacement opportunities etc.
- Market size, trends and forecasts through to 2023, market mix (non-domestic, residential), imports and exports (small extract, axial, centrifugal ventilation fans).
- Non-domestic ventilation - product mix - axial fans, centrifugal fans, other fans/systems. Analysis by product group: Axial fans - bifurcated, tunnel, variable pitch, plate mounted propeller, contra rotating, jet thrust etc. Centrifugal fans, cross-flow (tangential), roof extract, desk, box and ceiling, Atex compliant, flue dilution etc. Commercial system ventilation including MVHR, MVE systems.
- Domestic ventilation - product mix - extract fans, continuous mechanical ventilation systems. Analysis by product group: Intermittent and continuous extract fans - market size, developments, influences, application mix etc. Continuous mechanical ventilation systems - (MVE, MVHR, PIV and MIV), product mix, market size, new build trends etc.
- Major manufacturers - market shares, factors influencing market position, characteristics, turnover etc.
- Review of distribution non-domestic ventilation, domestic ventilation - key channels and developments.
Air Conditioning Market
- Market size, trends, key market influences. Forecasts through to 2023.
- Market size and mix by product group - packaged and central station systems.
- Packaged Air Conditioning (PAC) - product mix (split systems, portables, self-contained, close control). Analysis by product group, development of VRF systems, key influences, trends etc.
- Central Station Air Conditioning Plant (CSACP) - product mix (AHU's, chillers/condensers, terminal units - fan coil units, chilled beams/ceilings, VAV units). Analysis by product group, trends, influences, etc.
- Leading manufacturers - market shares, characteristics, turnover etc.
- Review of distribution by product group - key channels and developments.
- Accessories market size, key driving factors, prospects to 2023.
- Ventilation and air conditioning accessories - product mix (ducting, filters, grilles/diffusers/registers, dampers, natural ventilators - trickle, louvers, acoustic, PSV etc. Other accessories - chimneys, flues valves, cowls etc. Key influences and trends, major suppliers etc.
- Review of distribution - key channels and developments.
In the period 2014 - 2017 the UK ventilation and air conditioning market grew steadily, with stability in the UK economy and consumer and business confidence levels stimulating construction activity.
Positive influences on the ventilation and air conditioning market include increasing health, safety and energy efficiency legislation, revised Building Regulations and increasing environmental concerns. This has stimulated product innovation and development.
Although the market situation in early 2019 is more subdued, the current forecast for the UK ventilation and air conditioning market remains moderately positive, with continued steady growth from 2021 onwards. The outlook for this market, like many others, will depend on the outcome of Brexit and the path the UK government takes to exit the EU.
The future performance of the UK ventilation and air conditioning market is likely to be influenced by overall trends in commercial construction and new house building, RMI activity, energy efficiency legislation, renewable technologies, plus climatic factors and air temperatures. Brexit and the trade and legislative deals agreed by the UK government during the process of leaving the EU will also have some considerable impact.
List of Report Contents
- Contents Listing
- 1. INTRODUCTION 7
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 7
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 7
- 2. SUMMARY AND MARKET PROSPECTS 9
- 2.1 MARKET SUMMARY 9
- 2.2 MARKET PROSPECTS 11
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 13
- 3.1 OVERVIEW AND OUTLOOK 13
- 3.2 KEY DATA 14
- 3.2.1 GDP 14
- 3.2.2 Inflation & Interest Rates 14
- 3.2.3 Employment & Wages 15
- 3.2.4 Household Consumption 16
- 3.2.5 Sterling 17
- 4. VENTILATION & AIR CONDITIONING MARKET 18
- 4.1 MARKET DEFINITION 18
- 4.2 MARKET SIZE 18
- 4.3 SECTOR MIX 19
- 4.4 NON-DOMESTIC CONSTRUCTION INFLUENCES 20
- 4.4.1 Non-domestic Construction Overview (New Work, RMI) 20
- 4.4.2 Industrial 22
- 4.4.3 Offices 23
- 4.4.4 Retail 23
- 4.4.5 Education 23
- 4.4.6 Healthcare 24
- 4.4.7 Entertainment and Leisure 24
- 4.5 RESIDENTIAL INFLUENCES 25
- 4.5.1 New House Building Completions 25
- 4.5.2 Mix of House Building Completions 26
- 4.5.3 High-rise Residential Buildings 27
- 4.5.4 Self Build Housing 28
- 4.6 OTHER MARKET INFLUENCES 29
- 4.6.1 Environmental Legislation and Energy Initiatives 29
- 4.6.2 Energy Related Products Directive (ErP) 31
- 4.6.3 Renewable Energy Technologies 32
- 4.6.4 The Internet of Things 33
- 5. VENTILATION 35
- 5.1 MARKET DEFINITION 35
- 5.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 35
- 5.2.1 Market Size & Trends 2014-2023 35
- 5.2.2 Imports and Exports (EU, Non-EU) 37
- 5.3 PRODUCT TRENDS 38
- 5.3.1 Product Mix (Commercial, Industrial, Residential Ventilation) 38
- 5.3.2 Commercial & Industrial Ventilation (Axial, Centrifugal, Other, MVE, MVHR) 38
- 5.3.3 Residential Ventilation (Extract Fans, PIV, MIV, MEV, MVHR) 42
- 5.4 SUPPLIERS 47
- 5.4.1 Market Shares 47
- 5.4.2 Key Companies 48
- 5.4.3 Other Suppliers 50
- 5.5 DISTRIBUTION 52
- 5.5.1 Non-Domestic Ventilation 52
- 5.5.2 Residential Ventilation 53
- 6. AIR CONDITIONING 54
- 6.1 MARKET DEFINITION 54
- 6.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 54
- 6.2.1 Market Size & Trends 2014-2023 54
- 6.3 PRODUCT TRENDS 56
- 6.3.1 Product Mix (PAC & CSACP) 56
- 6.3.2 Packaged Air Conditioning Systems (PAC) 57
- 6.3.3 Central Station Air Conditioning Plant (CSACP) 61
- 6.4 SUPPLIERS 65
- 6.4.1 Market Shares - Packaged Air Conditioning (PAC) 65
- 6.4.2 Market Shares - Central Station Air Conditioning Plant (CSACP) 65
- 6.4.3 Key Companies 65
- 6.4.4 Other Suppliers 67
- 6.5 DISTRIBUTION 70
- 6.5.1 Packaged Air Conditioning (PAC) 70
- 6.5.2 Central Station Air Conditioning Plant (CSACP) 71
- 7. VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING ACCESSORIES 72
- 7.1 MARKET OVERVIEW 72
- 7.1.1 Market Definition 72
- 7.1.2 Market Size & Trends 2014 - 2023 72
- 7.2 PRODUCT TRENDS 73
- 7.2.1 Product Mix 73
- 7.2.2 Ducting and Fabricated Parts 74
- 7.2.3 Filters 74
- 7.2.4 Natural Ventilators 75
- 7.2.5 Grilles, Diffusers and Registers 76
- 7.2.6 Fire, Smoke and Air Control Dampers 76
- 7.2.7 Other Products (Chimneys, Flues, Valves, Cowls) 77
- 7.3 DISTRIBUTION 77
- Tables and Charts
- CHART 1: UK VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2014 - 2023 9
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2019 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 14
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2008-2023 15
- TABLE 4: AVERAGE WEEKLY EARNINGS DATA - GB - TOTAL PAY - 2014-2019 (SEASONALLY ADJUSTED) 16
- CHART 5: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2008-2023 16
- TABLE 6: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2015-2021 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 17
- CHART 7: UK VENTILATION & AIR CONDITIONING MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2014-2023 18
- CHART 8: OVERALL MARKET MIX BY PRODUCT TYPE BY VALUE 2018 19
- CHART 9: NON-DOMESTIC CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT NEW WORK AND RMI BY VALUE 2014 - 2022 (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) GB 20
- CHART 10: NON-RESIDENTIAL NEW CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT ANALYSIS BY SECTOR 2017 AND H1 2018 - % BY VALUE 21
- CHART 11: INDUSTRIAL CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2014 TO 2022 22
- TABLE 12: RESIDENTIAL BUILDING COMPLETIONS (GB) (000'S DWELLINGS) 2014-2022 25
- CHART 13: HOUSE BUILDING COMPLETIONS (ENGLAND) 2005-2018 % MIX BY TYPE OF DWELLING 26
- CHART 14: HIGH-RISE BUILDINGS DEVELOPMENT PIPELINE 2018-2025 27
- TABLE 15: UK VENTILATION MARKET (£M MSP) 2014 - 2023 35
- TABLE 16: IMPORTS AND EXPORTS OF VENTILATION FANS 2018 (£M) 37
- CHART 17: OVERALL MARKET MIX BY PRODUCT TYPE (COMMERCIAL, RESIDENTIAL) BY VALUE 2018 38
- CHART 18: RESIDENTIAL MARKET MIX BY PRODUCT TYPE BY VALUE 2018 42
- CHART 19: RESIDENTIAL EXTRACT FANS MARKET MIX BY TYPE OF INSTALLATION BY VOLUME 2018 44
- CHART 20: RESIDENTIAL MECHANICAL VENTILATION SYSTEM MIX BY PRODUCT TYPE BY VOLUME 2018 45
- CHART 21: RESIDENTIAL MECHANICAL VENTILATION SYSTEM MARKET MIX BY TYPE OF INSTALLATION - BY VOLUME 2018 46
- TABLE 22: VENTILATION SUPPLIERS % MARKET SHARE BY VALUE 2018 47
- CHART 23: NON-DOMESTIC MARKET DISTRIBUTION BY CHANNEL BY VALUE 2018 52
- TABLE 24: RESIDENTIAL MARKET DISTRIBUTION BY CHANNEL BY VALUE 2018 53
- TABLE 25: UK AIR CONDITIONING MARKET (£M MSP) 2014-2023 54
- CHART 26: UK AIR CONDITIONING MARKET MIX (PAC, CENTRAL STATION) BY VALUE 2018 56
- CHART 27: UK AIR CONDITIONING MARKET MIX BY VALUE 1994, 2018, 2023 56
- TABLE 28: UK PACKAGED AIR CONDITIONING MARKET (£M MSP) 2014-2023 57
- CHART 29: PAC MARKET MIX BY VALUE 2018 58
- TABLE 30: UK CENTRAL STATION AIR CONDITIONING MARKET (£M MSP) 2014-2023 61
- CHART 31: CENTRAL STATION MARKET MIX (CHILLERS, AIR HANDLING UNITS, TERMINAL UNITS) BY VALUE 2018 62
- TABLE 32: PAC SYSTEM SUPPLIERS % MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2018 65
- TABLE 33: CENTRAL STATION SYSTEM SUPPLIERS % MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2018 65
- CHART 34: PAC MARKET DISTRIBUTION BY CHANNEL BY VALUE 2018 70
- TABLE 35: UK VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING ACCESSORIES MARKET (£M MSP) 2014 - 2023 72
- TABLE 36: VAC ACCESSORIES MARKET MIX BY PRODUCT TYPE BY VALUE 2018 73
The 'Ventilation and Air Conditioning Market Report - UK 2019-2023' costs £895+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here.