The 2nd Edition of the ‘Active Fire Protection Market Report – UK 2018-2022’ incorporates original input and primary research, the report contains analysis of the key active fire protection products (detection and suppression), recent market trends and future trends, along with supplier and distribution analysis.
Key content covered:
- Overall Market for Active Fire Protection – size, recent trends and key influences, forecasts and development to 2022.
- Analysis by Market Sector – review of Fire Alarms, Extinguishers, Smoke Alarms, Sprinklers etc. – market size, overall product mix within each sector, trends and influences.
- Market Structure – review of market structure, major groups, company profiles, anticipated future developments.
- Key End Use Sectors – analysis of key end use sectors, construction trends, developments and opportunities.
Key areas of insight include:
- Market development in 2013-18 – driven by wider construction and refurbishment activity (e.g. offices, education, leisure, residential etc.).
- Industry developments including the Hackitt Review, technological developments, integration of fire and security systems.Increased emphasis on providing a full product and service package, including equipment, servicing and maintenance.
- Supply and distribution – market structure, supply channels and key players in each channel.
- Market prospects to 2022 – including a review of key market drivers and influences.
Some of the companies included:
ADI Global Distribution, Advanced Electronics Limited, Aico, Angus Fire, Apollo Fire Detectors, B & Q, BBC Fire Protection, City Electrical Factors, C-TEC, Eaton Electrical Systems, Edmundson Electrical, FFE Ltd, Fike Safety Technology Ltd, Fire Alarm Fabrication Services Limited, Firetrace International, GDF Suez Group, Gent, Haes Systems, Hall & Kay Fire Engineering, Hall Fire Protection Limited, Halma PLC, HF Group, Hochiki Europe, Honeywell Inc, Interserve, Kentec Electronics, Kidde Fire Protection, Marlowe Holdings Ltd, McGill & Co, Mitie, MJ Quinn Integrated Services, Nittan Europe, Norbain Holdings, Notifier by Honeywell, Nu-Swift International, Protec Fire Detection Plc, Rexel Group, Screwfix, Serco, Siemens Building Technologies, Sodexo, SPIE Ltd, Sprue Aegis PLC, System Sensor Europe, Thameside Fire Protection Limited, Triangle Fire Systems, Trinity Fire and Security Systems, Tyco Fire and Integrated Solutions, Tyco, United Technologies Corporation, Vipond Fire Protection, Wessex Group, Wickes, Xtralis, YESSS, etc.
- UK active fire protection market, market definition, overview of market size by value, recent and current situation 2013-2017 with estimates for 2018, recent market performance, factors underpinning demand and value growth.
- International trade 2012-2017 – level of imports and exports, origin and key export destinations.
- Key market influences – including levels of construction, housing market, key commercial sector markets, economic developments and legislation.
- Market prospects – market size, key growth areas, market developments and forecast trends up to 2022.
- Market mix by product – alarms/detection; extinguishers/suppression systems – mix and sector trends 2017, factors influencing each sector.
- Market size for alarms and detection equipment 2013-2022 – key product trends and sector development.
- UK market for fire suppression equipment 2013-2022 – key product sectors and sector development.
- Key factors driving growth and change – technological developments, product trends, service offering, price competition, legislation.
- Analysis by end-use sector – construction output for the key end use sectors for 2017 and 2020.High-rise buildings – market size and trends, regions, legislation, Hackitt Review, end use sectors.
- Commercial offices – construction output 2017-2020, development trends, key contractors.
- Data centres – construction output 2017-2020, type of construction activity, major projects, prospects.
- Education – construction output 2017-2020, recent activity and trends.
- Residential – household ownership of smoke alarms, housing completions by type of ownership, social housing, completions of flats vs houses.
Supply And Distribution
- Market structure – UK supply base, major groups operating in the fire and security sector, fire protection companies.
- Major groups and suppliers – including turnover size, development and market activity.
- Major distribution channels- supply chain analysis and routes to market, e.g. electrical wholesalers, specialist distributors, contractors etc.
- Review of key distributors – major players in each channel.