Key areas of insight include:
- Analysis of market size & trends – market developments 2011-2016 by volume and value.
- Residential / Non-Residential sectors – sector shares, changes in recent years – replacements home extensions, restaurants/leisure facilities, car showroomsetc.
- Frame materials – mix by material – aluminium, timber, PVCu, others (alu-clad etc.)
- Competitive supply structure – fragmented supply structure – many window and door companies now offer bi-fold doors, but also specialists, joinery companies etc.
- Forecasts for 2016-2020 – key market drivers, impact of Brexit etc.
- Detailed market data and insight on the bi-fold doors market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
3D Aluminium Plas, Aluk GB, Aluplast, Anglian Windows, Arden Windows, Bereco, Broxwood (Scotland), Boyland Joinery, B&Q, Camden Group, Capital Window Manufacturing, CRLaurence, C R Smith, Customade, David Salisbury Commercial, Dempsey Dyer, Deceuninck, Direct Doors, Doors Galore, Doors Online, Doorsworld, Duration Windows, ENTU Plc, Epwin Group, Eurocell Profiles, Euramax Solutions, Everest, Gallant Doors, Homebase, Howarth Timber Group, Internorm, JB Kind, Jeld-Wen UK, John A Russell (Joinery), Kawneer UK, Kloeber UK, Liniar, Lomax & Wood, Magnet, LPD Doors, Masco UK Window Group, Nationwide Windows, Norvik New Build, Origin Frames, PWG Trading, Premdor, Rationel Windows, Rehau, Reynaers, Safestyle, Sapa Building Systems, Scotts of Thrapston, Schueco UK, Senior Architectural Systems (SAS), Selecta Systems, Smart Systems, Specialist Building Products, Synseal Extrusions, Sunflex, The Parkside Group (TPGL), The Sash Window Workshop, UPVC Folding Doors, Veka, Vibrant Doors, Wickes, Woodlands Joinery.
The Bi-fold Door Market
- Market background – definition, overlap with other products.
- Market size – recent trends in 2011-2015. Assessment of market trends by volume and value.
- Key market drivers – design and specification trends, growth and changing requirements of home extensions/conservatories, changing consumer tastes, link between home and garden, commercial market developments.
- Housing market – housebuilding trends, RMI spending, home extensions market, house moving levels etc.
- Market forecasts: 2016-2020 – market prospects, key factors influencing market performance, impact of EU Referendum/Brexit vote on market.
- Residential and Non-residential market – mix by sector, changes in 2011-2015, historical development of the market etc.
- Residential market – major growth area in recent years – home extensions, volume of applications granted 2009-2018, changing consumer tastes, replacement demand.
- Non-Residential – more mature but still growing sector, leisure construction output 2011-2020, household spending trends on leisure activities, forecasts.
- Frame materials – share mix by volume – aluminium, timber, PVCu, other (alu-clad etc) – frame choices, changes in usage, key applications for different materials, trends etc.
- Specification issues – aesthetics – colour, sightlines etc., price issues.
Supply and Distribution
- Fragmented and complex supply structure – no dominant suppliers – review of key players in bifold door sector.
- Wide range of industry players – impact of frame material on supply structure, profiles/backgrounds of key players etc.
- Role of suppliers – bifold door specialists, joinery companies, aluminium and PVCu systems companies, door and window fabricators etc.
- Complex routes to market – vertically integrated companies, builders, replacement glazing companies, Builders merchants, DIY, Internet, etc.
- Changes in supply and distribution structure.