The 7th ‘Bricks, Blocks and Precast Concrete Products Market Report – UK 2020-2024’ incorporates original research and provides a comprehensive review of this changing market, including market sizes across the major product areas featured, product mix, supplier performance and share, supply chain structures and other factors influencing the development of the market.
Key issues analysed in the report
- Detailed assessment of the market – market sizes, product mixes and product trends.
- Impact of Covid-19 on the industry
- Bricks – facing, engineering and common.
- Concrete blocks – dense, lightweight and aerated.
- Precast concrete products – stairs, floors, balconies, crosswall panels, etc.
- Natural and cast stone.
- Review of supply and distribution structure.
- Forecasts of market developments to 2024
Areas of particular interest
- Recent market trends and impact of housebuilding market, sustainability issues.
- Housebuilding and construction review – 2015-19, outlook to 2024.
- Impact of Covid-19 restrictions – future demand levels and industry adjustments.
- Short term prospects 2020 and medium-term forecasts to 2024.
- Review of supply and distribution structure for each product group – market mix by distributor types – builders’ merchants, brick factors, direct sales etc. Identification of major distributors and key niche players
Key areas covered in the report
MARKET FOR BRICKS
- Total market size – sales value and volume, units delivered, production output and area installed 2015-2019.
- Analysis of key factors: impact of Brexit & changing housing markets, housing mix changes, impact of trade balance, NPD etc.
- Review of product mix – facing, engineering, common bricks – product mix 2019, market size & trends by volume for each type 2015–2019, assessment of factors specific to each product type. End-use market mix for facing bricks.
- Supply structure – major suppliers, market consolidation, market share estimates, international trade 2015–19.
- Forecasts 2020–2024 – assessment of key factors, Covid-19 impact, interruptions to production, future demand levels, etc.
CONCRETE BLOCKS AND PRECAST STRUCTURAL PRODUCTS
- Overview of each of concrete blocks and precast concrete products – market sizes – blocks & structural products (concrete flooring, panels, structural frames and columns, foundations, modules/pods etc.).
- Blocks – market size and trends by volume – production, stockholdings & deliveries and by value 2015 – 2019; analysis of key market factors; sustainability issues.
- Review of product mix – lightweight, dense and aerated blocks: sales of each by volume 2015–19, key market factors; application by types e.g. inner leaves, flooring etc, trends in international trade 2015–2019, with forecasts until 2024.
- Structural Products – overall market size 2015-2019, product mix (Stairs/floors/balconies etc, crosswall panels, others).
- Supply structure – major suppliers, market shares, market positioning, changing structures etc.
- Forecasts for total market 2020–2024 and identification of key market drivers, Covid-19 legacy influence on demand, influence of offsite manufacturing, etc.
NATURAL AND CAST STONE
- Market size by value and trends 2015-2019, analysis of key market factors e.g. end-use sector trends.
- Supply structure – key suppliers of natural stone products, trends in international trade.
- Forecasts for both natural and cast stone blocks 2020–2024 by value and key market drivers, market prospects.
SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTION
- For each product sector – bricks, precast concrete blocks and products, natural / cast stone. Market mix by distributor type – builders’ merchants, brick factors, direct sales etc. Identification of major distributors and niche players.
Some of the companies included:
Ibstock, Weinerberger, Forterra, Persimmon, Michelmersh, EH Smith Holdings, Ketley Brick, AJ Mugridge, The Bulmer Brick and Tile Company, Coleford Brick & Tile, HG Matthews, Furness Brick, Kingscourt Country Manor Bricks, WH Collier, York Handmade Brick Company, Cemex, Tarmac, Aggregate Industries, Thomas Arnold, Plasmor, Stowell Concrete, Breedon, Supreme Concrete, Haddonstone, Plean Precast, Marshalls, Albion Stone, Stamford Stone, Calder Masonry, Saint Gobain, Travis Perkins, Fortis, James & Taylor, All About Bricks, The Matching Brick Company and others.