Key areas of insight include:
- Detailed assessment of healthcare construction output, new orders and contract activity together with forecast estimates over the next few years to 2023.
- Detailed analysis of the care home development pipeline and the development opportunities available – the building programmes and expansion plans of leading independent and voluntary sector care home providers.
- Detailed analysis of regional care home development ‘hotspots’ and opportunities.
- Review of care home schemes under construction and those in planning – value of schemes and number of additional beds forecast.
- A review of the leading contractors in the market by value of contracts won between May 2017 and April 2019.
Some of the companies included:
Four Seasons Health Care, BUPA Care Homes (CFG), Barchester Healthcare, HC-One, Anchor Trust, Sanctuary Care, Methodist Homes (MHA), Leonard Cheshire Disability, Community Integrated Care and Orders of St John Care Trust, NHS, CLC, Kier, Vinci, Seddon, Simons, Esh Build, Bowmer & Kirkland, Henry Construction Projects, Audley Group, Belong, Pozzoni Design Group, with Castleoak Care Developments, Cygnet Care, Malhotra Group, A2M Developments, Supreme Healthcare Ltd, Care UK, Audley Care, Pivotal Homes Group, Restful Homes Ltd, NPower, Vida Healthcare, Knight Frank, Care Quality Commission, Housing & Care 21, YourLife (McCarthy & Stone/Somerset Care), Your Housing Group, ExtraCare Charitable Trust, MHA, Sanctuary Extra Care, AnchorHanove, Morgan Ashley, Round Hill Capital, Ventas, Welltower Inc, Revera, HCP, – Anchor Trust, Sanctuary Care, Methodist Homes (MHA), Leonard Cheshire Disability, Community Integrated Care, Orders of St John Care Trust, Barchester, Oakdale Care, Community Integrated Care, Anchor, Avery Healthcare, Sanctuary Care, MHA, Orchard Care Homes, Priory Group, Ideal Care Homes (Sister Company), Nugent Care, Highpoint Care,
The Long-Term Care Sector in the UK
- Sector size and structure – Long term care for the elderly by number of care homes and bed spaces.
- Supply and demand in the care sector – Future demand for care home places; Regional Provision of Care Homes; Future Drivers of Demand; Care Costs.
- The Extra Care Housing Sector – Overview; Extra Care Developments; Funding and Design for Extra Care Housing.
Funding for the Long-term Care Sector – Social Care Spending; Funding Outlook.
- The Independent Long-Term Care Sector – Sector Size, Value; Leading Independent Care Providers.
- The Local Authority/Voluntary Care Sector – Overview and Sector Value; Structure and Size; Leading Voluntary Care Providers.
Construction Output in the Healthcare and Care Homes Sector
- Overall Construction Output – Total Construction Output to 2023.
- Value of Construction Output and New Orders in the Healthcare Sector 2014-2023.
- Market Prospects for Healthcare Construction Output.
- RMI in the Healthcare Sector 2014-2023.
- Building Programmes and Investment in the Care Homes Sector.
- Care Home Development Pipeline – Planning Applications; Care Home Construction Contracts; Care Home Planning Pipeline to 2023.
- Regional Care Home Development Pipeline Analysis – Regional Development Hotspots; England – East Midlands; East England; North East; North West; South East; South West; West Midlands; Yorkshire & Humber. Also included are Scotland and Wales.
- Building Programmes of the Leading Care Providers and contracts awarded.
Funding and Construction Issues in the Long-term Care Sector
- Age & condition of care home stock in the UK.
- An overview of care home costs.
- Care Home size and categories.
- Care Home design considerations.
- Private healthcare investment in the care homes sector – Private care home financing and investment funds; mergers, acquisitions & transactions in the private long-term care sector.