Key areas of insight include:
- Recovery in the private commercial sector driving market growth, particularly for offices.
- Product mix review – Commercial Windows, Curtain Walling, Ground Floor Treatments, Roof Glazing – market size and trends.
- Market prospects in 2017-18 and medium-term prospects to 2021.
- Complex supply structure in commercial glazing market with significant European presence in the bespoke faÃ§ade and roof glazing sector.
- Further consolidation in key sectors of the supply chain: systems companies, UK fabricators/installers and European vertically integrated contractors.
Some of the companies included:
Allegion, Aluk GB, Alumet Systems, Assa Abloy Entrance Systems, AWS Group, Boon Edam UK, Brett Martin Daylight Systems, Charles Henshaw & Sons, Comar Architectural Aluminium Systems, Crittall Windows, Dane Architectural Systems, Dorma UK, Dortech Architectural Systems, Dudley’s Architectural Aluminium (DAA), Duplus Architectural Systems, English Architectural Glazing, Eurocell Profiles UK, Federated Windows and Doors, Felix, Focchi, Geze UK, GIG Facades, Gilgen Door Systems UK, Glidevale, Guardian Industries UK, Hambleside Danelaw, Hansen Group, HW Architectural (HWA), Josef Gartner and Co UK, Kawneer UK, Kingspan Glassolutions, Lakesmere, Latium Group, LB Plastics, Lindner Facades, M Price, Mero-Schmidlin (UK), Metal Technology, Metallbau FrÃ¼h UK, Norking Aluminium, Oskomera Facades UK, Permasteelisa UK, Pilkington Architectural, Pilkington Building Products, Prater, Red Architectural, Reynaers Ltd, Saint-Gobain Glass, Sapa Building Systems, Scheldebouw UK, Schneider GB, SchÏ‹co International, Seele UK, Senior Architectural Systems Plc (SAS), Smart Systems and Smart Architectural Aluminium, Solaglass Contracting, Stoakes Systems, Structal UK, Ubbink (UK), VEKA UK Group, Waagner Biro, Xtralite, Yuanda UK.
- Market size by installed value – market development from 2012-2021.
- Recent market developments 2012-2016 and key influences e.g. construction activity levels, high-rise buildings, regulations, material price trends, design specifications.
- Forecasts 2018 – 2021 and key market factors influencing growth prospects -construction activity levels, regulations, material prices etc.
End Use Sector Mix
- Identification of key end-use markets & estimates of market mix in 2016-17: education, commercial offices, retail, healthcare, high-rise residential, leisure, transport.
- Education – assessment of key areas of demand for commercial glazing i.e. BSF & Primary Capital Programme, trends in funding; identification of major long-term education construction programmes etc.
- Offices – recent trends in development and assessment of future demand; focus primarily on Central London plus major provincial cities and business park sector.
- Retail – assessment of key areas of demand for commercial glazing i.e. High Street shopfront replacement, grocery multiple newbuild, retail warehouses and shopping malls etc.
- High-rise residential – analysis of trends towards high-rise accommodation, etc.
- Other markets – healthcare, hotels, transport, Defence Estates etc.
- Analysis of key product sectors- commercial windows, curtain walling, ground floor treatments, roof glazing. Market sizes 2012-21, trends, key influences, key application areas etc.
- Market breakdown by product type & frame material, product sub-sectors & application areas – relative strengths of different frame materials.
- Market size & forecasts for 2018 – 2021 for each product sector.
- Impact of major trends in construction sector on particular market segments – variable market prospects.
- Prospects within each of the 4 product sectors up to 2021 – key factors influencing demand & future developments – key growth opportunities, specification influencers.
Supply and Distribution
- Analysis of aluminium, PVC-U & steel supply sectors – major suppliers, market positioning etc.
- Review of aluminium systems sector with profiles – key players, market shares, market positioning etc.
- Review of contracting sector with profiles on key players – market positioning.
- Review of major bespoke faÃ§ade contractors including major projects undertaken and profiles on major operators
- Review of supply sectors for steel windows, manufactured rooflights, structural glazing & automated door systems.