The Covid-19 Impact report provides a regularly refreshed view of how all sectors of the construction market are fairing under the current circumstances created by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Produced using up-to-the-minute Barbour-ABI data, each monthly instalment of the Covid-19 Impact Report enables you to monitor the unfolding situation and understand the key concerns and adjustments being made across construction.
Key sections covered:
- Site closures and re-openings – number and value of projects that have been stopped, delayed and restarted in enacting to Covid-19 precautions.
- Continuing work– the situations and factors that necessitate and enable work to continue on site.
- Sector impact – contrasting the site closures and re-openings of the different construction sectors: residential, commercial, health, education, industry and infrastructure.
- Regional impact – UK-wide regional break down of site activity.
Key areas of insight include:
- Construction sector response to Covid-19: In this first edition, based on May 2020 project data, see the impact of Covid-19 on the construction sector as decisions are made to close sites or keep working with safe practices.
- Project prioritisation: See where priorities are being placed – the critical sites where work has progressed throughout the crisis and those coming back on stream.
- Impact on critical resources: Understand the key difficulties that are being faced on site with regard to materials and labour.
- Pipeline disruption: Know the impact on timescales and the pipeline of future work, and how this differs by sector and region.
- Sector analysis: Gain insight on the construction sectors that are likely to prosper or contract as a result of Covid-19 and the impact of social distancing measures deployed to manage the spread of the virus.
- Ranking of construction companies and contractors by level of on site activity.
Some of the contractors included:
Anvil Construction Balfour Beatty, BAM, Barratt & David Wilson Homes, Bellway Homes, Bouygues, Costain, Countryside Properties, Crest Nicholson Plc, Galliford Try, ISGLM JV, Fusion JV, Kier, Laing O’Rourke, Lendlease, Lovell, Mace, Morgan Sindall, Mount, Multiplex, Persimmon, Redrow Homes, Renaker Build Ltd Russels Construction, Siemens PLC, Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd, Taylor Wimpey Vistry Group, Volker Fitzpatrick, Wates, Wilmott Dixon, Winvic,
Analysis in the report draws on the project data gathered by the Barbour-ABI research team. Hundreds of daily calls enable us to provide a regularly updated picture of what’s happening at construction sites across the UK.
Tables and Charts
There are 18 tables and charts included in this report.