The 10th edition of the ‘Floor and Wall Tiles Market Report – UK 2019-2023‘ incorporates original input and primary research, it represents an up-to-date and informed analysis of the market for ceramic & porcelain, natural stone and tiles of other materials (glass, metal, cement, etc).
Key issues analysed:
- UK Tiles Market – size, recent trends and key influences, forecasts and future trends up to 2023.
- Analysis by Market Sector – Ceramic & Porcelain, Natural Stone and Other Materials – size, product mix within each sector, trends and influences.
- Market Structure – review of market structure, breakdown of product sectors with major players, company profiles, anticipated future developments.
- End Use Application Areas – analysis of key end use sectors for tiles with potential growth .
Areas of particular Interest
- Market development between 2014 and 2018– key drivers for the market, residential and non-residential output, continued growth of ‘get someone in’ adding value to the market, house moving market, etc.
- Key product mix trends – ceramic & porcelain continue to dominate with porcelain also taking some share from natural stone, intense competition from other floorcoverings particularly LVT.
- Decorative trends – continued popularity of larger format tiles, growth of ‘greige’, random lay remains popular in both domestic and contract sectors.
- Product innovation – growth of ultra-thin porcelain, continued innovations in digital printing technologies, growth of continuous mouldless presses, etc.
- Supply and distribution– UK manufacturing base remains under pressure, fragmented supply structure, increasing importance of distributors in retail and trade channels, changing demand patterns for tiles from key channels.
Some of the companies included:
AIREA, Altro, Associated Weavers, Balta, Beaulieu International Group, BHK, Brintons, British Hardwoods, Brockway Carpets, Brooks Bros, Cavalier Carpets, Distinctive Flooring, Ege Carpets, Egger UK, Finsa, Forbo Flooring UK Ltd, Furlong Flooring, Gerflor, Gradus, Greenwood & Coope, H Dawson Wool, Hadleigh PVT Ltd, Havwoods Ltd, IDS, Interface, James Halstead, Junckers ltd, Kahrs (UK) Ltd, Karndean, Kent Flooring Supplies, Kronospan Holdings Ltd, Mannington Mills, Metsa Wood UK, Milliken, Mowhawk, National Floorcoverings Group, Oneflor Europe Bvba, Panaget, Ripat Ltd, Tarkett, Ted Todd Hardwood Floors Ltd, The Bamboo Flooring Company, Timberpride, Ulster Carpet Mills, Victoria plc, Westco, Woodpecker Flooring, Y T D. Ltd, etc.
Market Overview & Prospects
- UK tiles market, market definition, overview of market size by value, recent and current situation 2014-2018 with estimates for 2019, recent market performance, factors underpinning demand and value growth.
- International trade 2013-2018 and Q1 2109 – level of imports and exports, countries of origin and key export destinations.
- Key market influences – including levels of construction, housing market, key commercial sector markets, economic developments and trend for ‘get-someone-in’.
- Future prospects – market size, key growth areas, market developments and forecast trends up to 2023.
- Analysis of market for ceramic & porcelain tiles – including market value 2014-2018, potential growth prospects and forecasts up to 2023, key influences, product mix by type.
- Market mix by application – floor and wall tiles – mix and sector trends 2014-2018, factors influencing growth prospects to 2023.
- Analysis by end-use sector – contract and domestic – market shares, trends etc.
- Key factors driving growth and change – interior design trends, production & printing developments benefit sector, demand for easy to maintain products, expansion of floor tiles into additional areas and other.
- Market for natural stone tiles – definitions, assessment of market value 2014-2018 and growth potential to 2023, leading stone types, mix by product type (limestone, slate, marble, travertine etc), domestic/contract sector mix, share mix by floor and wall tiles, and key factors influencing growth to 2023.
- Market for other material (glass, metal, cement) tiles – assessment of market value 2014-2018, sector development, potential growth to 2023 and key influencing factors.
Distribution and Suppliers
- Market structure – UK supply base, growth of imports, importance of tile distributors etc.
- Major tiles manufacturers and suppliers – including turnover size and market share where appropriate – including recent changes and market positioning of leading suppliers.
- Major distribution channels and share by type of outlet – tile & stone multiples, independents, mail order/catalogue/internet, specialists, home improvement multiples and other.