The 14th Edition of the ‘Floorcoverings Market Report – UK 2018-2022‘ contains analysis of the key floorcoverings products, recent market trends and future prospects, along with supplier and distribution analysis. This report contains original input and a detailed assessment of the market and represents excellent value for money to companies in the industry or those considering entry.
Key issues analysed:
- Detailed assessment of the market – values, volumes, current & future trends.
- Review of key products and sector trends – carpets, wood/laminates, vinyl, ceramic & natural stone tiles, others.
- Review of supply and distribution structure – changes to supply structure key distribution channels, etc.
- Forecasts of market development up to 2022
- Detailed market data and insight on the floorcoverings market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Areas of particular Interest
- The development of the floorcoverings market in value terms and the key influences, including new construction activity, housebuilding, as well as levels of consumer confidence and spending.
- Changes to the product mix – particularly within individual sub-sectors – and increasing price competitiveness.
- The influence of imports on key sectors and levels of import penetration.
- Continuing trend for use of wider range of floorcoverings products in both the contract and domestic sectors.
- Fragmented supply chain for some sectors contrasting with the continued rise of larger-scale, international floorcoverings specialists.
- Changes to domestic distribution channels and increasing influence of online purchasing.Market prospects for 2019 and medium-term prospects to 2022.
Some of the companies included:
AIREA, Altro, Associated Weavers, Balta, Beaulieu International Group, BHK, Brintons, British Hardwoods, Brockway Carpets, Brooks Bros, Cavalier Carpets, Distinctive Flooring, Ege Carpets, Egger UK, Finsa, Forbo Flooring UK Ltd, Furlong Flooring, Gerflor, Gradus, Greenwood & Coope, H Dawson Wool, Hadleigh PVT Ltd, Havwoods Ltd, IDS, Interface, James Halstead, Junckers ltd, Kahrs (UK) Ltd, Karndean, Kent Flooring Supplies, Kronospan Holdings Ltd, Mannington Mills, Metsa Wood UK, Milliken, Mowhawk, National Floorcoverings Group, Oneflor Europe Bvba, Panaget, Ripat Ltd, Tarkett, Ted Todd Hardwood Floors Ltd, The Bamboo Flooring Company, Timberpride, Ulster Carpet Mills, Victoria plc, Westco, Woodpecker Flooring, Y T D. Ltd, etc.
Market Overview & Prospects
- Total Floorcoverings Market – analysis of size by value 2013-18, estimates of market volume share 2018, historical trends and market characteristics.
- Analysis by major product sectors – carpets, wood & laminate, vinyl, ceramic & natural stone floor tiles, linoleum etc – current shares and mix changes over the last decade, driving factors, future prospects.
- Review of key market influences – housebuilding, construction market sizes by sector 2013-18, growth of underfloor heating, etc.
- Overview of domestic and contract end-use sectors.
- Future Prospects – forecasts of overall market performance in 2019-22.
- Carpets – market size by value 2013-18, volume mix in 2018, product mix (tufted, woven, fibre bonded and others), factors influencing market performance, international trade in carpets. Key suppliers/market shares in the UK carpet market, future prospects to 2022.
- Wood & Laminates – market size by value 2013-18, mix share between solid, engineered and laminates, changes to product mix in recent years, factors affecting recent market performance, domestic and contract end-use mix, key suppliers/market shares, distribution channels, market outlook to 2022.
- Vinyl – market size by value 2013-18, share mix between vinyl tiles and sheeting, key trends influencing recent market behaviour, domestic/contract sector mix, recycling initiatives influencing market, profiles of key suppliers in the UK vinyl floorcovering market, future prospects to 2022.
- Ceramic & Natural Stone Floor Tiles – market size by value 2013-18, growth of sector, factors continuing to influence demand for ceramic and stone floorcoverings in both domestic and contract end-use sectors, key suppliers, outlook for market to 2022.
- Others – linoleum, cork, rubber etc – market sizes 2018, recent sector performance, key influencing factors, prospects to 2022.
Distribution and Suppliers
- Domestic Distribution – definitions, market shares by major channel – Multiples, Independents, Specialists, DIY, Builders Merchants, Department Stores, Mail Order, Internet, etc – areas of growth and decline, major companies within each channel.
- Contract Distribution – mix by major channel – healthcare, education, commercial, retail, industrial, leisure, areas of growth and decline – future prospects.