Areas of Particular interest include:
- Market performance review and forecasts to 2021.
- Factors affecting the market and analysis of key market characteristics. Impact of Wi-Fi and app-based technologies
- Product group analysis – review of major product sectors.
- Review of key players – product mix and market share estimates.
- Review of distribution structure.
- Detailed market data and insight on the home automation market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
AMX UK, Control4 EMEA, Crestron Electronics, Savant, LightwaveRF plc, Came BPT UK, Leviton Qubino, Rako Controls, Gira, Carlo Gavazzi UK, Cytech Technology, Global Cache, Fibaro UK, Secant, VDA Group, Loxone, Lutron EA, Cooper Controls, JCC Lighting, Philips Dynalite, Ledvance (Osram), RTI (Remote Technologies Incorporated), Helvar, Futronix, BEG (UK), Armour Home Electronics, Nortek, Legrand, Loewe UK, Basalte, Russound, Sonos UK, Pure International, ADT Fire and Security, Verisure Services (UK), Yale UK, SECOM, Ring.com, iSmart Alarm, Response Electronics, British Gas, Google, Tado, Climote, Heatmiser, Heat Genius, Honeywell Control Systems, Myson, PassivSystems, Devolo UK, Green Energy Options (GEO), Inspire Home Automation, SALUS Controls, Green Momit SL, Intelli Heat, Netatmo, Q-bus.
Key areas covered in the Report
Home Automation Market Review
- Market definition – components within a home automation system can include devices, sensors, control system hardware, programming of interfaces (eg remote controls, touch screens/pads, etc), cabling infrastructure, wireless links, high-speed internet connection, emergency back-up power source for the control system and the wiring within the home.
- Market size and value 2012-2016 and future prospects to 2021 – market structure.
- Technologies used – home networks, hardwired and wireless, system protocols – advantages and disadvantages, proprietary systems vs. standardized.
- Key influencing factors – social and demographic change, housebuilding, consumer confidence, technological innovations, environmental considerations, etc.
Market Size, Trends and Influences
- Home automation market – background, definition, components used, key advantages and disadvantages, market penetration, pricing trends, move towards mainstream systems, mix by type of installation etc.
- Key trends by application sector – access and security control, climate control (heating and ventilation), lighting control, home entertainment systems, communication systems, home health monitoring, other home systems – market sizes, key trends etc.
- Environmental concerns – including building regulations and legislation, energy savings, impact of smart meters, development of smart grid, use with renewables etc.
- Technological influences – including internet access trends, super-fast broadband coverage, mobile internet usage, tablet computers, home automation apps, cloud-based systems, touch panel controls, home automation packages, third party products, future developments etc.
- Housing market – including housing completions – overall and by dwelling type, use in new homes, second residences, RMI activity, self-build sector etc.
Supply Chain Trends and Distribution
- Review and analysis of leading home automation suppliers, including company profile, turnover, key products, market positioning etc.
- Distribution – including overall structure and market mix by channel.
- Specialist suppliers – home automation distributors and specialist dealers.
- Other suppliers – direct from manufacturer, internet sales, non-specialist retailers, electrical wholesalers, utilities.
- Market prospects for the home automation market to 2021, with market size estimation.
- Factors affecting market – positive and negative influences, trends in key sectors.