Areas of Particular interest include:
- Detailed analysis and insight – of key trends and demand for home automation systems.
- Key technological trends influencing market development, growth of WiFi, apps and voice activated control systems.
- Growth of modular systems – add on product and expansion kits are stimulating growth and encouraging further purchases.
- Voice activation increasingly important – growth of voice activated technologies and increasing synergies between some systems have helped to increase demand for smart heating and lighting controls.
- Widening of the distribution channels – increasing number of suppliers targeting the market, with the internet/direct channel gaining share.
- Detailed analysis of key product sectors – access and security control, climate control, lighting control, home entertainment systems and others (communication systems, home health monitoring etc.).
Some of the companies included:
Ofcom, AMX, Control4, Crestron, Savant, Panasonic, Samsung, Motorola, LG, Apple, Google, Philips, Osram, Honeywell, Belkin, Yale, ADT, SECOM, Leviton, Legrand, Lutron, Sonos, iSmart, Tado, Climote, Heatmiser, AEG, Hoover, Bosch, Siemens, Amazon’s Echo, Google’s Home, Microsoft’s Cortana, Apple’s Siri, Moneysupermarket.com, BT, Virgin Media, Talk Talk, EE, Vodaphone, Plusnet, Now, Sky, EE, O2, Vodaphone, Three, BT, Crestron, Control4, Savant, Samsung, Panasonic, Ring, British Gas, Hive, ScottishPower, Argos, Curry’s PCWorld, John Lewis, Screwfix, Wickes, Jewsons, B&Q, AEG, Siemens, LG, Hoover, Dyson, Candy Bosch,
Key areas covered in the Report
Home Automation Market Review
- Market definition – components within a home automation system can include devices, sensors, control system hardware, programming of interfaces (eg remote controls, touch screens/pads, etc), cabling infrastructure, wireless links, high-speed internet connection, emergency back-up power source for the control system and the wiring within the home.
- Market size and value 2014-2018 and future prospects to 2023 – market structure.
- Technologies used – home networks, hardwired and wireless, system protocols – advantages and disadvantages, proprietary systems vs. standardised.
- Key influencing factors – social and demographic change, housebuilding, consumer confidence, technological innovations, environmental considerations, etc.
Market Size, Trends and Influences
- Home automation market – background, definition, components used, key advantages and disadvantages, market penetration, pricing trends, move towards mainstream systems, mix by type of installation etc.
- Key trends by application sector – access and security control, climate control (heating and ventilation), lighting control, home entertainment systems, communication systems, home health monitoring, other home systems – market sizes, key trends etc.
- Environmental concerns – including building regulations and legislation, energy savings, impact of smart meters, development of smart grid, use with renewables etc.
- Technological influences – including internet access trends, super-fast broadband coverage, mobile internet usage, tablet computers, home automation apps, cloud-based systems, touch panel controls, home automation packages, third party products, future developments etc.
- Housing market – including housing completions – overall and by dwelling type, use in new homes, second residences, RMI activity, self-build sector etc.
Supply Chain Trends and Distribution
- Review and analysis of leading home automation suppliers, including company profile, turnover, key products, market positioning etc.
- Distribution – including overall structure and market mix by channel.
- Specialist suppliers – home automation distributors and specialist dealers.
- Other suppliers – direct from manufacturer, internet sales, non-specialist retailers, electrical wholesalers, utilities.