Key areas of insight include:
- Estimates and forecasts for 2019 through to 2023.
- Improvements in materials and designs, providing a wider choice of work surfaces, sinks and accessories in particular, together with more products adapted for elderly and infirm customers.
- Greater consumer awareness of products and fashion trends within the industry, with customers increasingly using the internet to research available products online, before examining potential layouts in situ at various retail outlets.
- Growth in the market has benefited suppliers, such as Howden Joinery, Wren Kitchens and the Symphony Group.
- The emergence of the ‘smart kitchen’ with the remote control of appliances from a smart phone is still in its infancy, with forecasts of growing penetration from an estimated 10% of appliances in 2018.
- Detailed market data and insight on the domestic kitchen furniture market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies featured include:
AGA Rangemaster Ltd, Astracast, Franke U.K. Holding Ltd, Blanco UK,Nobia Holdings UK Ltd (Including Magnet, Gower Furniture, Rixonway Kitchens and Commodore Kitchens), The Symphony Group plc, Wren Living Ltd, Dennis & Robinson Ltd (Paula Rosa/Manhattan), Moores Furniture Group Ltd, Omega plc, Crown Products (Kent) Ltd, J & J Ormerod Ltd (JJO), Alno (UK) Ltd, Formica, Resopal, Dupont/Corian, Polyrey, Abet, ARPA, Westag & Getalit, Wilsonart, Bushboard, Kronospan, Egger, GEC Anderson and Pfleiderer Industrie, International Decorative Surfaces (IDS), Deralam Laminates Ltd, C.F Anderson Timber Products Ltd, Hills Panel Products Ltd (HPP), Blackheath Products Ltd, Plasman (Laminate Products) Ltd, PWS Distributors Ltd, Potter Cowan, GEC Anderson Ltd, Reginox UK Ltd, SCD Luisina, Schock, Villeroy and Boch, Smeg and Pyramis
- Total kitchen furniture market – market background, product mix by value.
- Furniture, worktops and sinks market – historical market development, analysis of market size by value 2014-2018. Forecasts of market sizes to 2023.
- Factors influencing market development – housebuilding, economy, house price inflation, RMI, consumer confidence, growing influence of design/style changes, population mix changes, increases in the number of second/third time buyers, decent homes programme etc.
- Imports and exports – developments in import and export levels to 2017 (with estimates for 2018), factors influencing the level of imports and the changes in exports.
- Fitted kitchen furniture ownership – changes in ownership levels 2018, factors influencing current and future ownership levels e.g. new housebuilding, choice of products now available, social housing.
- Kitchen appliances – annual sales of integrated and free-standing products, mix by type of appliance, influence of appliance sales in fitted kitchen furniture market..
Products & Product Mix
- Trends in design/materials in kitchen furniture – high proportion of modern and contemporary designs, greater consumer awareness; emphasis on performance and benefits, quality and features, trends in colours and finishes, long term trends in styles and designs, etc.
- Flat-Pack/rigid units – market share mix, quality levels of flat-pack kitchens, factors affecting mix between flat-pack and rigid kitchens, market share of flat-pack/rigid kitchens, assembly methods of kitchen furniture.
- Trends in design/materials in worktops – share mix by material, colour/pattern trends in worktops, growth of non-laminate materials such as solid surfaces, wood, stone/granite, stainless-steel advantages/disadvantages, new product developments.
- Trends in design/materials in sinks – historic / current developments in materials, current and future trends, material share estimates, factors influencing material trends e.g. product development, fashion influences, popular colours, trends in other kitchen products. Sinks designed as ‘food preparation areas’.
- Analysis of supply structure – supplier market shares, recent developments in supplier shares.
- Profiles of leading suppliers – furniture, worktops, sinks suppliers, market position, analysis of activities, financial information etc.
- Distribution channel shares – shares by value, trends/developments in shares, growth/declining sectors.
- Role of distributors – importance of distributors in kitchen furniture market, own branding by distributors, review of major national distributors.