The 8th edition of the ‘Panelised Modular Building Systems Market Report – UK 2020-2024’ has been published by AMA Research. Since the 2018 edition of this report, market performance has improved due to growth in demand in key sectors including housebuilding, self-build, student accommodation, hotels. Public sector procurement frameworks have also been key in driving up the use of offsite construction.
Key issues analysed include
- Overall market size & structure – market value, recent trends & growth forecasts, key drivers etc.
- Product mix by value for: timber frame, light steel framing, precast concrete panels & other timber based – SIPS and CLT.
- Key end user sectors analysis – mix by value, market potential for private & social housing, self-build housing, healthcare, education, hotels, prisons, student accommodation, etc.
- Major suppliers by product types – market shares and company profiles.
Areas of particular interest
- Market forecasts for panelised modular building systems market to 2024.
- Review of key frame / panel product sectors – timber frame, light gauge structural steel framing, concrete & other timber based (structural insulated panels and cross laminated timber systems).
- Performance of key end use markets: focus on housebuilding, healthcare, education, student & keyworker accommodation, self-build, hotels.
- Review of suppliers in each product sector – market shares, major manufacturers.
- Review of market prospects with a key focus on the housing sector and the emergence of cross laminate timber systems.
Key areas covered in the report
- Total panelised modular building systems market – market analysis by value 2015-2020 and forecasts 2021-2024.
- Key market factors – Covid-19 pandemic; trends in construction output; chronic housing shortage and growing demand; public sector offsite procurement framework;, government initiatives shortage of skills in building trades; increased uptake of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Overview of product mix by frame material by value.
PRODUCT SECTOR REVIEWS
- Timber frame- sector size by value & volume 2012-2019, key trends and prospects; end user mix; housebuilding mix by developer types; supplier market shares; review of leading manufacturers.
- Light steel frame- sector size by value, key trends and prospects, review of leading suppliers.
- Precast concrete panels- sector size by value, key trends and prospects; review of leading manufacturers.
- Other timber products – structural insulated panels & cross laminated timber systems, etc. sector sizes, key trends and prospects; review of leading suppliers.
KEY END USE SECTOR REVIEWS
- Overall mix market by end user sector by value.
- Private & social housebuilding – output mix by types of building method i.e. masonry, timber frame & other offsite; review of key changes in the mix and drivers; mix by types of dwelling; assessment of impact of Affordable
- Homes programme; market prospects and key drivers for offsite e.g. uptake of CLT.
- Self-build housing – trend by number of dwellings 2014-2019; key market drivers, use of offsite building methods.
- Education – overview of general construction trends & applications for offsite e.g. Priority Schools Building Programme and higher education building activity.
- Healthcare – overview of general construction trends & applications for offsite e.g. Procure 21 programme.
- Hotels – sector overview, identification of key market divers and recent developments. Focus on budget sector.
- Purpose built student accommodation – sector overview, identification of key market divers and recent developments. Identification of leading manufacturers supplying the sector.
Some companies mentioned in this report:
Walker Timber Group, Scotframe Timber Engineering Ltd, Oregon Timber Frame Ltd, Oregon Timber Frame Ltd, Kingspan Timber Solutions Limited, Deeside Timberframe Ltd, Space4 Ltd, Taylor Lane Timberframe, Fleming Buildings Ltd, Stewart Milne Timber Systems, Pinewood Structures Ltd, CCG (OSM) Ltd, Robertson Timber Frame
Roe Timber Frame, Cygnum Timber Frame (UK) Ltd, OFP Timber Framed Homes, Frame Homes (South West) Ltd,
Western Building Systems, Flight Timber Products Limited, Frame-Tech Structures, Harlow Timber Systems Ltd, Lowfield Timber Frames, Mactaggart & Mickel Group Ltd, Merronbrook, Sydenhams Timber Engineering, Target Timber Systems Limited,TJ Crump Oakwrights Limited, Alexanders Timber Design, LF Fasthouse Limited, Timber Frameworks, Wyder Engineered Timber Systems, Voestalpine Metsec plc, Ayrshire Metal Products Ltd, BW Industries Ltd, Construction Metal Forming, Metek UK, Elements Europe Ltd, Orca LGS Solutions, Advanced Cold Formed Sections
Caledan, Steel Frame Solutions, Enewall Ltd, EOS Facades, Hadley Steel Framing, Sigmat Ltd, Intelligent Steel Solutions, Speedclad, Superior Sections, FP McCann Ltd, FP McCann Ltd, Explore Manufacturing Limited, Forterra Building, Products Ltd, Creagh Concrete Products Ltd, Precast Concrete Structures, Thorp Precast Ltd, Cornish Concrete Products Ltd