Key areas of insight include:
- Analysis of market performance during 2012-2017 – pet owners’ unwillingness to compromise on their pets helps to underpin market.
- Analysis by type of pet – estimated shares held by the different pet types.
- Product group analysis – market size and forecasts 2012-2021, product mixes, mix by type of pets, market influences and trends.
- Review of key suppliers – shares of major players.
- Review of key distribution channels – continued expansion of Pets Superstores, growth of the Internet, Amazon in particular, and impact of discount stores.
- Detailed market data and insight on the pet accessories market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
Bob Martin, Armitages Pet Products, Mars Petcare UK, Tolsa UK, RC Hagen , Beaphar (UK), Rosewood, Interpet, Ancol Pet Products, Johnson’s Veterinary Products, Bayer (UK), Happy Pet Products, Amazon, Argos, Company of Animals, Petsafe, Pettex, Danish Design, Ferplast, Juwel Aquarium, Oase GmbH, Tetra UK, John Allan Aquariums, Aqua Pacific, Den Marketing, Pet Brands, Merial Animal Health (UK), Sharples ‘n’ Grant, Eurostitch, Mark & Chappell, RCD, Hartz, Hi-Craft, Eurostitch, John Allan Aquariums, Midas Products, Penn-Plax – Supreme Petfoods, Imac, Pet Products, James Marketing, PetLondon, Kong Company, Animology, SwedenCare UK, FOP Pet Products, Dorwest Herbs, Den Marketing, Wahl, Sicce, Trover Enterprises, Unipac, Blue Ribbon Pet Products, JW Pet Company, Planet Dog, Jolly Pets Inc, Yap Dog, and many more.
- UK pet accessories market – market definition, size, key characteristics of the market, share within the overall pet market.
- Overall market size in value terms from 2012-2017, with forecasts through to 2021.
- Market trends and key market influences including pet ownership levels, types of pet, increasing humanisation of pets and demand for convenience products.
- Estimated shares by type of pet – dogs, cats, small animals, reptile/fish & birds – dominance of dog & cat products, trends etc.
- Identification of key suppliers and distribution channels – continued expansion of Pet Superstores, growth of the Internet, foreign imports and impact of discount stores.
- Estimated shares of main product groups within pet accessories market.
- Product group analysis & review – definition, product mix and market sizes 2012-2017, with forecasts to 2021, mix by type of pets.
- Product sectors – market sector sizes – care products including maintenance, worm/flea treatments, types of cat litter, health supplements and grooming; dog & cat toys & tank accessories; bedding, cages, aquariums/terrariums, hutches, feeding; leads, collars and other products etc.
- Review of products within market – recent trends, future prospects and factors affecting sector.
Suppliers and Distribution
- Profiles of leading manufacturers of pet accessories – fragmented structure, market shares of leading players, company structure, product profiles and turnovers.
- Supplier shares for bedding & baskets, cat litter and aquariums & other terrariums.
- Review of distribution – estimated channel shares including pet superstores, independent pet stores, grocery multiples, mail order/catalogue/Internet. Impact of changing consumer shopping behaviour and growth of discount stores.
- Review of leading distributors – profiles of key distributors including company structure, product profiles and turnovers.
- Forecast of market development in the short, medium and long term. Outlook for pet accessories market through to 2021.
- Positive and negative factors affecting market growth – humanisation of pets, pet ownership levels, disposable incomes, product innovation, environmental issues, impact of the Internet on distribution.