Key areas of insight include:
- Key factors influencing market growth in recent years include increasing levels of demand from key end-use sectors, principally in new housebuilding and some non-domestic sectors.
- A steady shift towards plastic pipes and fittings due to technological developments, ease of installation and a growing product range.
- Plastic push-fit and press-fit fittings have experienced particular growth due to the considerable savings made on installation time.
- Growing interest in rainwater harvesting systems, following heavy rainfall in the last two years and greater awareness of environmental concerns and water usage.
- Direct sales to contractors and OEMs have risen in recent years, as have sales via the internet.
- Greater focus on sustainability and recycling throughout the production and distribution chain.
- Detailed market data and insight on the pipes and fittings market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
Adamsez, Astracast, B&Q, Bathroom Brands Group, Bette GmbH & Co., Bristan Group, Broughton Crangrove Galley Matrix (BCG), Carron Bathrooms, Cistermiser, Claytan Group, Crosswater, Drummonds, Duravit, F&P Wholesale, Frontline Bathrooms, Geberit, Grafton, Grohe, Hansgrohe, Healey & Lord, Heritage Bathrooms, Homebase, Ideal Bathrooms, Ideal Standard UK, Jacuzzi Spa and Bath Limited, Kaldewei UK, Kohler Mira, Laufen, Lecico Plc, Opella, Pegler Yorkshire, Phoenix Product Development, PJH Group, Porcelanosa UK, RAK Ceramics UK, Renaissance Baths, Robert Lee Distribution, Roca, Roper Rhodes, Saint-Gobain, Sanlamere UK, Screwfix, Silverdale Bathrooms, Svedburgs, Tavistock Bathrooms, The Imperial Bathroom Company, Travis Perkins, Victoria Plumb, VitrA, Wickes, Wolseley, etc.
The Pipes and Fittings Market
- Market size – analysis by value from 2013-2017, with forecasts to 2022, key characteristics of this market. Impact of the economy and construction on the structure of the market – market trends and major factors influencing market development.
- Development and influence of the domestic heating market and underfloor heating sector.
- Development of the bathroom and shower market and influence on the pipes and fittings industry.
- Key building and construction trends and influences on the pipes and fittings market, including housebuilding levels and future prospects, domestic refurbishment levels and future prospects, the influence of the conservatory and garden rooms market, trends in the self build market, the commercial building and construction market and the influence of increasing government spending in that sector.
- The changing impact of new building methods, off-site construction etc.
Products and Suppliers
- Hot and cold pressurised applications for heating and for hot and cold potable water, and underfloor heating.
- Product mix of plumbing pipe and fittings and mix of plumbing pipe systems by application.
- Material mix for pipes and fittings in this sector – plastic, copper, brass etc. The differences in material used between potable water and heating applications.
- The use of copper pipe and fittings in plumbing applications; key suppliers; advantages and disadvantages of copper; shift towards flame-free jointing etc.
- Use of plastic in plumbing applications; types of plastic pipe (PB, PEX, Other); key suppliers; influence of barrier pipe; growth of push-fit fittings etc.
- Main suppliers and market shares for plumbing pipe systems.
- Outlook for plumbing pipe systems – forecasts for 2018 and up to 2022.
- Product mix of rainwater and soil & waste products.
- Material mix for rainwater goods; use of different materials – plastic, aluminium, cast iron/other; advantages and disadvantages of plastic, cast iron etc.; product developments; rainwater drainage and harvesting.
- Main suppliers and market shares for rainwater goods, soil and waste products.
- Outlook for rainwater goods, soil and waste products – forecasts for 2018 and up to 2022.
- Forecast of market development – short & medium-term prospects up to 2022.
- Positive and negative factors affecting the market – performance of UK economy, housebuilding, non-domestic construction, consumer confidence & spending etc.Market shares for metal pipes and fittings.