The 5th edition of the ‘Space Heating Market Report UK 2018-2022‘ represents an informed and up-to-date detailed review of the domestic and non-domestic space heating market. The total market for space heating products is substantial, and with climate change and growing concerns about energy efficiency and the environment, space heating products will increasingly be designed to deliver improved thermal performance, in order to achieve lower running costs.
Key areas covered:
- Domestic Space Heating – gas and electric fires; installed electric heating; portables; solid fuel stoves; radiant bar fires.
- Non-domestic Space Heating – commercial and industrial boilers; commercial radiators; heat emitters; warm air heaters; radiant heaters; commercial heating controls.
- Overall market size, trends and forecasts to 2022.
- Detailed market data and insight on the space heating market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Specific areas of insight include:
- Impact of increasing legislation – ErP 2018 (reduced NoX emissions for commercial boilers, minimum efficiency standards for domestic local space heaters, commercial warm air heaters and radiant heaters), Part L 2018 (rental properties and buildings), simplified energy efficiency regs.
- Shift in demand for more aspirational domestic space heating products with innovative features and functionality.
- Replacement opportunities in the gas fires and stoves sector – around 11 million UK homes have a chimney and gas supply; also around 5 million inefficient storage heaters 20+ years old.
- Trend towards condensing wall-hung commercial boilers, driven by market demand and legislative changes. Modular boiler systems are also increasing popular, they offer a flexible solution that is more flexible and energy efficient.
- Increasing use of IoT smart heating controls in commercial buildings, to manage energy efficiency and support preventative maintenance measures.
- Widespread roll-out of smart metering in homes and businesses, with increased focus on energy efficient products.
- Growing importance of renewables, with many new commercial projects specifying systems that use energy from renewable sources.
Some of the companies included:
Babcock-Wanson UK, Baxi Heating, Biddle Air Systems, BMM Heaters, BN Thermic, Bosch Commercial and Industrial Heating, British Gas, Byworth Boilers, Caledonian Control Technology, Calor, Clyde Radiators, Cochran, Combat HVAC, Danfoss, Diffusion Heating & Cooling, Dunham-Bush, ELCO, Gas Fired Products, GDC Group, Google, Hamworthy Heating, Honeywell Control Systems, Hoval, Ideal Commercial Heating, IMI Hydronic Engineering, Infraglo, Jaga, Johnson & StarleyJohnson Controls, Kroll, Kudox, Lennox Industries, MHS Radiators, Myson Radiators, Nortek Global HVAC UK, Ormandy, Pegler Yorkshire, Powrmatic, Quinn Radiators, Remeha, S&P Coil, Salus Controls UK, Schneider Electric Controls, Schwank, Secure Controls UK, Siemens Plc, Stelrad, Stokvis, Sunvic Controls, Tacotherm, TFC Group, Thermoscreens, Timeguard, Vaillant, Viessmann, Walney, Zehnder, etc.
Domestic Space Heating:
- Overall market size, trends and forecasts – legislative changes, impact of UFH, insulation measures etc. Ownership levels, source of fuel, imports & exports. Forecasts through to 2022.
- Product mix – gas and electric fires, installed electric heating, portables, solid fuel stoves, radiant bar fires etc.
- Gas and electric fires. Market size, share etc. Product innovation, designs etc.
- Installed electric heating – storage heaters, electric radiators, electric towel warmers, fixed panel heaters, tubular heaters. Market size, trends, market prospects, designs, features etc.
- Portables – fan heaters, convector heaters, portable panel heaters, LPG heaters, oil filled radiators etc. Market size, mix by type, trends, market prospects etc.
- Solid fuel stoves – wood burners and multi-fuel. Market size, growth in sales, product trends, and impact of self build etc.
- Radiant bar fires – gas-fired and electric. Market size, trends etc.
- Major manufacturers – Market share, factors influencing market position, characteristics, turnover etc.o Review of distribution by product group – key channels and developments.
- Market prospects in all product sectors..
Non-Domestic Space Heating
- Overall market size, trends and forecasts. Legislative changes – ErP 2018, Part L, MCPD, EPBD etc. Government initiatives – ECA, Cleaner Heat, ESOS, RHI etc. Impact of IoT. Forecasts through to 2022.
- Commercial boilers > 44kW – market size, market prospects etc. Product trends, features, shift to condensing, modular systems, off-site constructed plant etc.
- Commercial radiators – market size, forecasts, product trends etc.
- Heat emitters – air curtains, fan convectors, fan coil units, perimeter/trench heaters, unit heaters, radiant panel heaters etc. Overall market size, trends, market prospects etc.
- Warm air heaters – indirect-fired warm air heaters, direct gas-fired warm air systems, portable electric warm air heaters etc. Overall market size, trends, market prospects etc.
- Radiant heaters – gas or oil-fired tube heaters, gas plaque and electric radiant heaters etc. Overall market size, trends, forecasts etc.
- Non-domestic heating controls – market size, trends including IoT smart controls, market prospects etc.
- Leading manufacturers – market shares, characteristics, turnover etc.
- Review of distribution by product group – key channels and developments.