Areas of particular interest include:
- Analysis of the hand and power tools market, market size and development 2012 to 2017 and forecasts to 2021. Key market influences driving current and future performance of the market.
- Identification of key distribution channels - Home Improvement Multiples, Industrial Products Distributors, Tool Specialists, Builders Merchants, 'others' - review of channel shares, trends etc.
- Distribution channel development - shift to Omni channel, growth of Screwfix / Toolstation, increasing influence of the Internet; development of other channels, e.g. builders merchants, home improvement multiples, electrical wholesalers, etc.
- Review of key players in 'tool distribution' market - operations and activity in the market. The strength of Kingfisher, Travis Perkins group operations etc.
- Review of key product groups - driving, drilling & breaking tools, cutting & grinding tools, carpentry & woodworking tools, and garden tools - product sector sizes, review of major sectors, trends in power and hand tools, distribution channel shares by product group etc.
- Detailed market data and insight on the tool distribution market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the Companies included:
Abingdon King Dick, Amazon, Andrea Stihl, Apex Tool Group (Lufkin, Crescent & Wiss), Arco, Arrow Fasteners (Masco Corp), Atlas Copco, Bahco, B&M Retail, B & Q, Belle Engineering (Sheen), Brammer plc, Buck and Hickman, Bulldog Tools, Carl Kammerling International Ltd, Clarke International, Cromwell Tools, Draper Tools, Earlex (part of Wagner Group), Einhell, Erbauer, Eriks Industrial Services, Estwing, Wera, Evolution, Faithfull (Toolbank), Fein Industrial Power Tools (UK), Festool, Fiskars, Forge Steel, Global Garden Products, Grafton Group, Hilka Tools, Hilti (Great Britain) Ltd, Hitachi Power Tools (UK), Homebase, Hultafors. Husqvarna, ITW Construction Products, Jack Sealey Ltd, JCB, Joseph Bentley, Kingfisher plc, Kobe Tools, Lie-Nielsen, Machine Mart Limited, Mafell, Makita (UK) Ltd, Marshalltown, Metabo (UK), Olympia Tools (Roughneck), Ozito, Stanley Black & Decker, Ragni, Robert Bosch Ltd, Robert Sorby, Rollins Group (Bulldog), RS Components, Techtronic Industries Co Ltd, Panasonic Electric Works UK, Saint-Gobain Building Products Distribution, Scheppach, Screwfix, SIG plc, Spear & Jackson, Stabila, Stahlwille, Stanley Black & Decker, Stihl Group, Tacwise, Techtronic Industries Co Ltd (TTI Group), The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, The Toro Company, Thor Hammer, Titan, Toolstation, Toolbank, Travis Perkins, Wickes, Wilkinson Sword Ltd, Wilkos. Wolseley, Worz, Yeoman.
The Tool Distribution Market
- Tool distribution market - key characteristics of the market, analysis by value from 2012-2016, with forecasts to 2021.
- Market structure - analysis of suppliers, distributors, buying groups, contractors and end-users.
- Market trends and factors influencing market development - legislation, construction trends, housebuilding & RMI forecasts up to 2021.
- Market shares of key distribution channels - Key channels, shares, product mix, recent trends & changes in distribution, buying trends etc. Overview of key groups (Kingfisher, Travis Perkins etc).
- Home Improvement Multiples - sector overview, market positioning, product/customer strengths, relative importance of tools, key players - B&Q, Homebase, Wickes etc.
- Industrial/Consumable Products Distributors - sector overview, market positioning, product/customer strengths, relative importance of tools, key players profiles e.g. Screwfix, Machine Mart, Cromwell Tools, Brammer, etc.
- Tool Specialists - overview, market positioning, product/customer strengths, relative importance of tools, key players, e.g. Toolstation, Toolbank, Axminster Power Tool Centre etc.
- Builders & Plumbers Merchants - sector overview, market positioning, product/customer strengths, relative importance of tools, key players' profiles.
- Internet/Catalogue/Mail Order - key players, development of this channel.
- Other channels - e.g. garden centres, independent hardware/ DIY stores, electrical wholesalers, etc.
Products and Suppliers
- Product groups reviewed: driving, drilling & breaking tools, cutting & grinding tools, carpentry & woodworking tools, and garden tools - product sector value mix and recent trends.
- Market shares of professional & DIY tools, power & hand tools and cordless & corded power tools. Overview of trends, changes and future prospects, market maturity.
- Analysis by product group - market size 2012-2017 for each product sector and trends, influences etc. Key manufacturers and distribution channel mix for each product group.
- Overall sector sizes for each product group, mix between channels.
- Estimated shares in 2016 of the main product groups by the key channels.
- Forecast of market development - short term prospects in 2017 and medium term prospects up to 2021.
- Positive and negative factors affecting the market - performance of UK economy, housebuilding & non-domestic construction (including private and public sector performance), consumer confidence & spending, product development.