Areas of particular interest include:
- Market performance review and forecast to 2023 – factors impacting on market development.
- Review of key channels – including distribution channel shares.
- Review of key players in the market.
- Product group analysis – sector size, product mix and distribution within each sector.
Some of the Companies included:
Screwfix, Toolstation, Homebase, B&Q, Amazon, Travis Perkins, Sainsburys, Wickes, B&M Retail, Wilko, Ridgeons, Tools4trade, Northern Tools & Accessories, Toolbank, Machine Mart, Cromwell Tools, Argos, Kingfisher, The Range, Robert Dyas, Taskers, Maxwells DIY, Rightway Bevans, Dunelm, IKEA, Benchmarx, Tile Giant, City Plmubing Supplies, Saint Gobain Group, Minster, Gibbs & Dandy, International Decorative Surfaces, International Timber, Ceramic Tiles Distributors, Pasquill, JP Corry, Grafton Group, Buildbase, Plumbase, Selco Builders Warehouse, Leyland SDM, Macnaughton Blair, Wolseley UK, Screwfix Direct, MKM Building Supplies, Ridgeons, Huws Gray, EH Smith, Bradford Building Supplies, Lawsons (Whetstone), Elliott Brothers, David Cover, JT Atkinson & Sons, Grant & Stone, Haldane Fisher, Rawle Gammon & Baker, Parker Building Supplies, Joseph Parr Group, Sydenhams, SIG, Lee Industrial, The Site Box, My Tool Shed, FFX, CNS Power Tools, William Moore & Son, UK Tool Centre, ED Elson, Meteor Electrical, Shop4 All Electrical, Lyco Group, eBay, Brammer Buck and Hickman, Cromwell Tools, Edmundson Electrical, Rexel, City Electrical Factors, Eyre & Elliston, R&M Electrical Group, BEW Electrical Distributors, Farnell, Speedy Hire, HSS Hire, Blue Diamond UK, Wyevale Garden Centres, Dobbies Garden Centres, Notcutts, Axminster Tool Centre, Toolstop, Industrial Tool Supplies, Northern Power Tools and Equipment, D&M Tools, CTS Ironmongery, Draper Tools, Decco, Stax Trading Centres, Harrison & Clough, Bosch, Metabo, Hikoki Power Tools (UK), Makita, Stanley Black & Decker, Robert Bosch, Hilti, Panasonic Electric Works UK, Fein Industrial Power Tools, Bahco, Wilkinson Sword Garden Tools.
Key Areas Covered:
- Tool distribution market – market definition, size and recent market performance in 2014-2018, with forecasts to 2023, factors impacting on the market.
- Distribution structure – suppliers, distributors, contractors and end-users.
- Overview of key distribution channels – including home improvement multiples, builders and plumbers’ merchants, internet, garden centres, other trade and retail routes.
- Distribution channel mix.
- Impact of the construction and the economy on the market – market trends and major factors influencing market development.
- Review of key distributors – including B&Q, Screwfix, Toolstation, etc as well as overview of key groups (Kingfisher, Travis Perkins).
- Profiles of key distributors – company structure, products, etc.
Products and Suppliers
- Product groups reviewed – driving, drilling & breaking tools, cutting & grinding tools, carpentry & woodworking tools, and garden tools.
- Sector sizes and product mix for each product group.
- Analysis by product group – definition, market size 2014-2018, recent trends, sector prospects etc.
- Sector shares of professional & DIY tools, power & hand tools and cordless & corded power tools.
- Key manufacturers – power, hand and garden tools
- Prospects and development of the tool distribution market to 2023, with market size estimation.
- Factors affecting distributors market – positive and negative influences, UK economy, construction levels, consumer confidence & spending, product development, trends in key sectors.