The 9th edition of the ‘Underfloor Heating Market Report – UK 2018-2022’ reviews the market for underfloor heating (UFH), which is one of the fastest-growing sectors within the UK market for heating systems and is finding increasing favour in both domestic and non-domestic applications. The report focuses on market size and trends, regulatory developments, product mix, industry supply, distribution and market prospects.
Key content covered:
- Underfloor heating market – size, structure, key trends and market prospects.
- Product sector review – product sector mix, water-based and electric UFH systems, UFH controls, etc.
- End-user applications – housebuilding, domestic RMI, self-build/custom-build housing, commercial applications, public sector applications, e.g. health and education.
- Supply and distribution – main suppliers and key distribution channels.
- Market forecasts – overall UFH market and for key product sectors.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Key market trends – market developments, key drivers influencing water-based and electric systems.
- Construction activity – new build housing, refurbishment activity, non-domestic output, etc.
- Influence of non-domestic sectors – in particular, the healthcare and education sectors.
- Supply chain review – analysis of key players, as well as leading distribution sectors.
- Market forecasts to 2022 – analysis of the key factors affecting future industry direction.
- Detailed market data and insight on the underfloor heating market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
AHT Advanced Heating Technologies, Allbrite UK, Ambient Electrical, Brugg Pipe Systems UK, C&F Holdings, Continental Underfloor, Danfoss Ltd, Domoteck, Ebeco, Elektra, Emmeti UK, Ezewarm UK, Flexel International, Floor Heating Systems, Flowcrete UK, Gaia Climate Solutions, Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation, Giacomini UK, Heat Mat, Heatstore, Honeywell, Indeco, Intatec, Invisible Heat, JG Speedfit, Jupiter UK, KLIMA, Levante, Living Heat Ltd, LK Systems AB, Maincor, Mathewson Underfloor Heating Solutions, Myson, Nu-Heat UK, Omnie by Timoleon, Pedarson, Pentair Technical Solutions UK Ltd, Philex, Pipelife Ireland Limited (QPL), Polypipe, Raychem, Rayotec, Rehau, Rettig UK, Robbens Systems, Uheat, Underfloor Heating Store, Uponor, Thermo-Floor UK, Thermogroup, Timeguard, Vent Axia Group, Vysal, Vogel & Noot, Warm The Sole, Warmafloor, Warmup, Watts Industries UK, Wavin UK, Worcester Bosch Group and more.
The Underfloor Heating Market
- Underfloor heating market – analysis by value from 2013-2017, with forecasts to 2022, key characteristics of this market. Impact of the economy and construction on the structure of the market – market trends and major factors influencing market development.
- Market development – Overall heating market, share taken by underfloor heating, growth of the market, influence of renewables, floorcoverings, design trends etc., development across the end-use sectors.
- Growing awareness and influence of other drivers such as floorcoverings, interior design, building methods etc., and how these may influence the market in the short to medium term.
- Product mix – breakdown of the product mix by sector, split by water-based and electric UFH systems by end-use application (domestic and non-domestic).
- Supply and distribution – key channels, supplier review and assessment of the contractor sector.
- Review of key distribution channels, distribution to end users and contractors, domestic and non-domestic distribution by major product group, strengths & weaknesses including direct, builders and plumbers’ merchants, heating specialists, electrical wholesalers, DIY multiples, online retailers etc.
End Use Applications
- Market mix by application – private housing, social housing, custom-build/self-build housing, non-domestic applications.
- Analysis of housing market – new build, domestic RMI, mix of completions, house moving activity, etc.
- Custom-build housing – market size and trends, regulatory developments, prospects.
- Other applications, e.g. domestic conservatories – market size and trends, prospects.
- Non-domestic applications – healthcare and education sectors, other non-domestic uses – key trends, issues and prospects..
Key Underfloor Heating Products
- Analysis of key product sectors – product mix for 2013-2017 and forecasts up to 2022.
- Electric underfloor heating – cable systems, heating mats, heating foil systems.
- Water-based underfloor heating – key components, retrofit varieties.
- Underfloor heating controls – thermostats, manifolds, actuators, ‘smart’ controls, etc.
- Key channels – DIY multiples, builders’ merchants, heating specialists, online retailers, etc.
- Company profiles – financial performance, merger and acquisition activity, recent new product innovations, etc.Identification of key manufacturers for electric and water-based systems.